Millenium Wax

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, shicks said:

@TallTayl  I am very curious about this wax before I move on to possibly a coconut blend I have been testing c3 for years did you like this wax and did it have a good throw?

To be honest I’m not overly impressed with it. Does not seem any better than others. Only made one set of testers with their coffee fo and rrd wicks and don’t get much ht out of it. Not sure I lIke it enough to continue testing any more.

I have toyed with the Millenium wax some. I first tried RRD wicks like their website suggested. I wasn’t blown away. I tried some HTP which made me happier. I emailed and asked a rep what they preferred and she told me she used CD’s. I had several testers love the candles w the CD wicks in them. I plan to do more testing. 

• Like 1

Thanks y'all! I did purchase two ten lb bags I hesitated to test before because I can pick up wax at lonestar and not pay shipping but with all the talk of the changing waxes I wanted to try this finally  I did get rrd and htp wicks and will try cds too at least then I can say I tested all Soy available to me!it is more expensive and to ship  so like picking up my wax but not sure if c3 will be effected like other soys

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I have poured several candles with Millennium Wax and while the sides look great in glass, the tops... ALL of them ended up crusting up with frosting or crusting underneath.  I have followed directions carefully.  It said to stir down to 115 - I have a magnetic stirrer which can go quite slowly as to avoid adding air.  I can't seem to make this work.  I have better luck with the Production Single Pour container wax from Candles and Supplies (not a plug, just for reference.  I'm happy for someone to point out what I'm doing wrong with it. 

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, sidebiz said:

I'm wondering if anyone is having successes with this wax in 2020/2021. My first attempt had minimal HT and I followed the instructions. I will try heating the wax up to 180 and pouring at 115. The candles also look horrible.

I just started playing around with this wax.  I have made a couple of mini test jars to compare it to 464.  So far I think it throws better than 464 by a little bit, and the scent smells more clear, if that makes any sense.  How long did you let your candles cure?  Are you using a FO that you know throws well in soy?

The picture with the three candles are Left: 464 w/ 6%FO and a WI740; Middle: Millennium no FO, WI740 wick; and Right: Millennium w/ 6% FO and a WI730 wick.  When I first started burning the testers I had WI740s in all three but the Millennium with FO and the WI740 was overwicked even at the beginning.  However, the 464 looks over-wicked as well now that they have burned down more.  

I haven't made a good looking candle with it yet, but I am super new to using this wax, and candle making in general really.  I think I may have over-stirred my last candle, or maybe poured too cool as there were a bunch of little air bubbles inside (picture attached). 

C018800D-37CE-43FE-9B8E-513C048A40F7.jpeg

AEFCEC3A-EACA-48B9-B99C-DE3BD867E249.jpeg