Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I used to use it.  Worked well with HTP wicks for me. Always had nice smooth tops and good scent throw. I really liked it but it got too expensive, and no local supplier.  Costs over $140 per 50 pds for me.  I switched to 464.     If I may ask where do you get your  millenium and how much?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Franu61

I bought it off Amazon first to try and then from American Soy Organics 50 lbs for me with shipping is $112.00. I really do like it a lot! I like 464 as well but I think Millenium seems to be my favorite and , works better for me .Seems to burn super clean and you are right it has a nice throw. Thanks for the HTP info. I have been using ECO with it and its ok but just yesterday ordered the HTP wicks.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I jumped in and bough 10 lbs too along with a few fragrances. I have to say, the packaging for shipment was top notch. 

 

This wax has instructions to heat to 160, add FO, stir to 115 and pour. I'll give a few a go when the melters are freed up tonight.

 

the fragrances I bought, I really liked a lot OOB. Only one, coffee, was odd, but coffee scents usually are OOB, I will give it a chance.

 

What I bought:

apple cider-tart apple with that cider note I love. With a few mulling spices this one has real possibility.

cedar/fresh wood shavings: like old time pencils, or cedar chips 

coffee-weird OOB as expected. Will give it a chance

maple syrup-smells like I could drink it.

milk and sugar-love this version. No perfume, just wpsweet milk. No sour like so many others I have. Want to add it to a spiced tea for a chai!

roasted espresso. Not weird like coffee, but not really toasty. Will see how it goes in wax.

Rosemary-very camphorous, like Spanish Rosemary EO. Can't wait to see how it burns!

Sage-very camphorous also. Not perfumey in the slightest. Can't wait to see how it burns!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I jumped on the wagon as well only through candlesoylutions which I regret because of shipping taking FOREVER - won't get it until Monday 

got samples of all 3 waxes 

used them years ago and didn't like their FO so none of those for me ?

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2017 at 0:51 PM, franu61 said:

I used to use it.  Worked well with HTP wicks for me. Always had nice smooth tops and good scent throw. I really liked it but it got too expensive, and no local supplier.  Costs over $140 per 50 pds for me.  I switched to 464.     If I may ask where do you get your  millenium and how much?

Is the Millennium wax soy or a blend similar to 6006? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

So why is everyone trying this particular wax ? Ive been following all of your posts about the issues you've been having with the new soy. So how is this 

soy wax different than the others ? 

For me, Because it "seems" to be blended for candles, versus food. It is a soy blend, but I wish it stated something better than "botanical wax" blend. Something tells me it is palm...

 

I will know soon if the hype is justified. It has a yellow tint to it, like most of my recent soy wax lots.

 

The first thing i noticed was the difference in melt/pour instructions. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Is the Millennium wax soy or a blend similar to 6006? 

I know there is no paraffin in it. think EL used to describe it as soy with other vegetable additives. You do have to pour at a low temp, slushy stage is best, but it comes out with nice smooth tops. Truly a one pour wax.  IMHO it is a very nice wax , but just not worth almost twice as much as I can get 464 for.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Moonstar said:

So why is everyone trying this particular wax ? Ive been following all of your posts about the issues you've been having with the new soy. So how is this 

soy wax different than the others ? 

What TT says 

plus My theory is with these certain candle companies having their own blends, even candlewic and flaming....(I would of never touched them before being married to one supplier and screwed if they go out of business) is that their waxes may not be affected like ecosoya was and apparently now golden brands and cargill 

These Blends may be more consistent in general and reliable for future but maybe not if the same types of soy are being used....only way to find out is to test them all! I have all of flamings coming also and probably will try candlewics as well  

 

I am Leary about ecosoya but will probably test them also- one of their blends is supposed to be like 2 different waxes of which were nothing alike - I could be surprised but we won't see these waxes until late August at the earliest 

Edited by moonshine
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@TallTayl @moonshine I just went to check the wax out. It is on the pricey side IMO but I might give it a try. TT I too noticed the heat to 160, that was the 

instructions on RE Tart Wax too. I did heat mine higher though because I was concerned the FO wouldn't bind with the wax. What do you two think about 

this + also which wick series will you guys be trying with the millennium wax. Also, the other thing Im not crazy about is letting it get to a slushy stage.

Im very impatient lol ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, franu61 said:

I know there is no paraffin in it. think EL used to describe it as soy with other vegetable additives. You do have to pour at a low temp, slushy stage is best, but it comes out with nice smooth tops. Truly a one pour wax.  IMHO it is a very nice wax , but just not worth almost twice as much as I can get 464 for.

What about heating the wax to such a low temp. I believe I read 160, Ive always heating my 464 to 180 -183 is. Did you have any issues heating it that low ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, franu61 said:

@moonshine the throw was better w/ millenium when I was using EL Fo's only, but 464 is doing ok w/ candlescience and NG FO's.  I just started on a 2017 batch of 464.

@Moonstar I heated millenium to 180 and poured at 115 (ish)

I wonder why they suggest to only heat to 160 ? I remember my tart wax from RE was also suggested to only 160, but I heated to 180 ish. So you also found that

certain oils had a better HT in different waxes ? Interesting. I think Ive also read something similar from RE reviews. That their FO's perform best in their tart wax ???

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, franu61 said:

They did not seem to need a 2 week cure. I had never thought about cure time until 464. 

Thanks, 

i made two with their coffee and am trying to figure out how they want it wicked. Used their recommendatiOne and was off a size or three on each. I'll figure it out, just not sure how much patience I have with year one more wax, available from limited sources and a premium price.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Thanks, 

i made two with their coffee and am trying to figure out how they want it wicked. Used their recommendatiOne and was off a size or three on each. I'll figure it out, just not sure how much patience I have with year one more wax, available from limited sources and a premium price.

You've encouraged me to try the Millennium wax, I'll order the 10b bag and a few oils. I think I'll get Lavender + Sage + maybe the Milk + Sugar you mentioned.

Which wicks are you testing with ? Did you order from American Soy ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2017 at 9:32 AM, franu61 said:

@moonshine the throw was better w/ millenium when I was using EL Fo's only, but 464 is doing ok w/ candlescience and NG FO's.  I just started on a 2017 batch of 464.

@Moonstar I heated millenium to 180 and poured at 115 (ish)

Im wondering why the HT would be better with their FO's only, kinda weird since I like FO's many different suppliers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...