Nothing makes me more mad soaping when

Candybee

I forget to add the blasted fragrance!

Just made this beautiful batch of salt bars, 4 color swirls too. Put the lid on to put it to bed and see the fragrance oil cup still full! Argh!!!!!!

I even wasted the last of my VS in that batch because I was going to use Peaks Black Canyon that discolors.

What a waste. I am still pretty mad at myself right now!!

This is one reason I always put my fragrance in with my oils. I used to always forget until I started doing that, now it's a rarity for me to forget the fragrance. I also use VS in every soap I make whether the fragrance discolors or not, because that way it's in there and I don't have to worry about figuring out if I should/shouldn't use it especially if it's a new FO and I'm not sure if it will discolor or not, etc., etc., and I have found I just like using it. There are other components to a soap that will make it discolor that the VS helps with IMO. 

As TT said though, people who like unscented soaps, like pretty soaps too. 

oh boy......I've done that and boy does frost my a............It ain't pretty to be around me when I have done a stupid thing like that....but it happens....I feel your pain Candy Bee

But like TT said so many people can't do fragrance.....so it's really not a loss at all....really...

Here, maybe this will get you out of your mad mood for a bit and make you smile Candy Bee.....

Now I live in the mountains and out in the sticks so pretty much if I want I could practically walk around bare butt naked......because no one is around...

Well last week one day I just got out of the shower and walked into the kitchen and Munchkin my cat was giving me the evil eye wanting more food, so I grabbed a plate and fed her and waited for her to finish eating so I could wash her plate.  So as I was standing at the kitchen sink washing the plate stark naked I all of a sudden hear a knock on the front door which looks right into the kitchen right at me!  It was a guy from the phone company.  The only thing I could think of doing was drop down to the floor right there and hide behind the stove and wait for him to leave.  I was so shaking and embarrassed.  So  I waited a couple minutes hoping he would walk off the front porch and crawled on my hands and knees on the floor to peek around the cabinets to see if he was gone which I did hear him walk away so I ran so fast into the bedroom to get some clothes on and had to go out into the driveway where he was sitting in his truck and tell him the problem I had with the phone line as embarrassed as I was...but I don't know who was more embarrassed, either him or me as I know he saw me!

Trappeur

S

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, moonshine said:

??? Trapp

you should of just answered the door butt naked like it was a completely normal thing to do....his reaction would of been priceless and you could of told him you were preparing for naked and afraid 

LMAO 

• Like 1

(There's just SO much... to work with here... )

Oh Trapp... You could have been really honest and simply told him : "Sorry about that... Just trying to clean up the mess my cat made. So... I guess YOU'RE gonna take care of my phone issues?" :wink2:

One of these days I'll have to tell y'all about the "Jehovah's Witnesses and the wet Glove incident..." ( I may have done that here already...Or maybe that was the cops...) 

@Candybee I'm pissed off FOR you! 

• Like 2

On 8/4/2017 at 5:58 PM, Sponiebr said:

(There's just SO much... to work with here... )

Oh Trapp... You could have been really honest and simply told him : "Sorry about that... Just trying to clean up the mess my cat made. So... I guess YOU'RE gonna take care of my phone issues?" :wink2:

One of these days I'll have to tell y'all about the "Jehovah's Witnesses and the wet Glove incident..." ( I may have done that here already...Or maybe that was the cops...) 

@Candybee I'm pissed off FOR you! 

I am not sure I want to know about wet glove anything ?

IMG_7004.PNG

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, moonshine said:

I am not sure I want to know about wet glove anything ?

IMG_7004.PNG

Hmmmm.. Well the net result was a similar reaction but, well, let me say this... I got 6 Jehovah's Witnesses who were going door to door on foot to JUMP into a Ford Taurus and LEAVE the beach. It was odd, they acted almost panicked... I just don't get it, I was so very polite to them... 

What??? 

22 hours ago, moonshine said:

???

okay now you HAVE to tell the story...

Oh... It wasn't all that... I've done far worse, (butyric acid soaked paper towels in a bucket in front of the ac return of the science building comes to mind) ... But OK! 

I was working midnights and the wife had left me with a clogged up drain in the shower. I was running around the house in my boxers and it was about noonish... I was working on clearing out that drain, (a just a vile job GACK!!!), in my boxer shorts and I had one yellow rubber glove on my right hand...

Knock-knock :( ( Not good... I'm cleaning out a drain and doing housework after I've been working a midnight shift so my Eff-it factor is pretty high, and I'm home alone so there's nobody else to get the door. Might be the Sheriff's Office with papers or something... DAMMIT... ) 

I drop my wad of drain puke and proceed boxer clad with my one wet besmutched gloved hand to the door. I crack it open and kinda hide behind the door. And there they stood all 5 of them all in white long sleeved shirts and black skirts and pants with their leader holding her flyers and tracts proudly out in front like a 5 year old holding up their clay project from kindergarten. 
I'm thinking OH SNAP! The children of the corn! Wait, this is the beach...No corn... Ok, Jehovah's Witnesses then...

This is awkward because I'm right handed and I can't touch anything with my right hand and I'm not really appropriately dressed for random conversations with tract wielding strangers. I've got my right hand kinda held upright and trying to keep it away from me and everything else, and it's kinda out of sight... 

(above board) (yes that's a D&D reference) 
++++++++++++++++++++
(Quick backstory: I was at the local public playground one morning with my stepdaughter (I think she was 3 or 4 at the time) and this random woman comes walking into the playground and me and my stepdaughter were the only ones there... I thought maybe she was from the Montessori school next door, but no... Upshot was she heard my stepdaughter call me papa, and trying to use this as leverage to work her Jehovah's Witness message, she mentioned what a beautiful daughter I had but that she didn't really look like me... (you can see that conversation isn't going to go well... fast forward through all of the insanity and insensitive crap she spewed at me) Me: "Yes, I DO love her as though she were my own, and I'll thank you to mind your own business. By the by you don't seem to have any business lurking about this playground, so perhaps you will leave?, Like, now..." She replied "I simply can not understand how you can love some other man's child as your own..."  "Yeah? Well, you might start with the Bible, there's mention of this guy Jesus, and not to spoil the plot but it's all about unconditional love... Bye now! God bless!" I don't know HOW I did it, but I was shockingly nice and even understanding with that woman.) 
+++++++++++++++++++++
(Back to the story)

I said "yes?" Then it happened. The woman reached out and grabbed the screen door handle and tried to open it.
(POINK!!!!) The penguins in my head went on alert.

It was her... Witchy-poo, the woman from the playground 6 months prior... and she's yanking on my screen door... 

(KA-POW!!!! THUNDER! LIGHTNING!!! VERY VERY FRIGHTENING!!! ) The penguins in my head went full on BERSERK.

I swing the door open wide (it's hotter'n 9 yards of hell outside) and turn and holler into the back of the house "I'll DEAL with YOU in a second! There's someone at the door!" 

I'm no longer being overly careful with my gloved hand but hold it up and out in front of me, it's CLEARLY visible now as are my boxers. The black circles under my eyes just intensified the effect. 

Withcy poo: "Oh! Um... Good afternoon sir,  We were wondering if you were members of any" 

Me: "Hold that thought..." 
I stomp angrily to the bedroom and grab a large book (a chem I book) and slam it a couple of times on the nightstand syncopated to me yelling "I (boom) said shut (boom) the (boom) *BAD WORD* UP! YOU wanted the *BADWORDING* HANDCUFFS! I walked calmly back... And they were still there... Mouths all hanging open looking like deer caught in the headlights, but they were still there. One of the younger girls is playing with her phone... 

Witchey-poo still has her hand on the screen door handle but she's not pulling on it anymore. 

Me: (calmly and sweetly) "Here, let me get that for you... It's locked, you see..."

When I reached forward with my gloved hand to touch the door they BOLTED... I MEAN FULL OUT RUNNING to the street. 

I hollered out: "No! WAIT!!!! COME BACK!!!! You have to have some of my BIRTHDAY CAKE!!!!!"

A rusty silver-gold (or just a really dirty silver) Taurus zooms in and they all jump in and peel out...

I called the Sheriff's office up and just gave them a heads up about the JW's in the area. (I used to work there) They told me they had been getting calls all morning about it. I said, "yeah but THEY might be calling you about a hostage or something here at my house..." 
Dispatch: "Rut-roh... What did you do?"  
Me: "Just being me..." 
Dispatch: "Those poor people..." 

I found out later that they had stopped out with one of the local Police Officers and reported "SOMETHING REALLY WRONG" going on "down there" That was it... just generally "down there". 

I didn't mind cleaning out the drain so much (Oh I still minded... just not as much), and I even scoured out the tub...
Nice shower, had a few beers... It was a good day. 

I'm going to hell. I know, but I'm gonna have a BLAST getting there! 

Sponiebr: THE Executor of You-CAN'T-mess-with-my-mind,-'cause-I-lost-my-mind-YEARS-ago Bad Ideas and Sundry Services.

• Like 1

Omg ????

that is priceless!

my biological father is a Jehovah Witness and needless to say we haven't spoke in over 27 years - pretty ironic your story of the lady at the playground not understanding how you could love another mans child as your own....I don't think he understood when my mother divorced him when I was only 5 that I could actually come to love my step father who did think and treat me as his own 

but I do have extended family including my step sister that are witnesses and they are the most wonderful, non judging extraordinary people, and some...well ?‍♀️are not 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, moonshine said:

Omg ????

that is priceless!

my biological father is a Jehovah Witness and needless to say we haven't spoke in over 27 years - pretty ironic your story of the lady at the playground not understanding how you could love another mans child as your own....I don't think he understood when my mother divorced him when I was only 5 that I could actually come to love my step father who did think and treat me as his own 

but I do have extended family including my step sister that are witnesses and they are the most wonderful, non judging extraordinary people, and some...well ?‍♀️are not 

Oh, don't get me wrong, I've got no issues with them, and I've always gotten along just fine with JW's.  I had issues with HER. I've got issues with the particularly aggressive door knockers they have at the beach, but not with the JW's in general. My first job was working at a feed store and it was owned by a Jehovah's Witness family (BIG family too, and they all worked or had some participation in the Store...). The rest of the JW door to door ministries in my small county are just fine, but dang... Out there at the beach, they only get the hint they aren't wanted or allowed to come uninvited INSIDE YOUR HOUSE when you cycle a shotgun in front of them. I'm sorry, but that's just plain NUTZ! 

5 hours ago, moonshine said:

Oh I know where you were coming from - there are some very aggressive ones out there! I can't believe she had her hand on your door to walk on in .....I would of have done the same thing or similar ??

Wait, but I was running around in...
HOLD that thought... 

(Dido playing softly) 

(Lights dim) 

(Click, click, click...) 

(squeak squeak squeak PO-THUNK glug-glug-glug)

Ok, I'm back... Candle's lit, here's your wine...

Tell me more...  

(I know, I know... lemon... got it, and yeah, yeah, I know what to do with it...)  

:biggrin:

lol, lol, I could just see you at the door in your boxers and rubber glove Sponey! lol...I know I would have been running back to the vehicle if I met someone at the door in that attire too.....lol...omg.... just too funny.

I especially was LMAO to "OH SNAP.  The children of the corn".....

You just made my morning....lol

Trappeur

• Like 1

On 8/4/2017 at 0:09 PM, Trappeur said:

oh boy......I've done that and boy does frost my a............It ain't pretty to be around me when I have done a stupid thing like that....but it happens....I feel your pain Candy Bee

But like TT said so many people can't do fragrance.....so it's really not a loss at all....really...

Here, maybe this will get you out of your mad mood for a bit and make you smile Candy Bee.....

Now I live in the mountains and out in the sticks so pretty much if I want I could practically walk around bare butt naked......because no one is around...

Well last week one day I just got out of the shower and walked into the kitchen and Munchkin my cat was giving me the evil eye wanting more food, so I grabbed a plate and fed her and waited for her to finish eating so I could wash her plate.  So as I was standing at the kitchen sink washing the plate stark naked I all of a sudden hear a knock on the front door which looks right into the kitchen right at me!  It was a guy from the phone company.  The only thing I could think of doing was drop down to the floor right there and hide behind the stove and wait for him to leave.  I was so shaking and embarrassed.  So  I waited a couple minutes hoping he would walk off the front porch and crawled on my hands and knees on the floor to peek around the cabinets to see if he was gone which I did hear him walk away so I ran so fast into the bedroom to get some clothes on and had to go out into the driveway where he was sitting in his truck and tell him the problem I had with the phone line as embarrassed as I was...but I don't know who was more embarrassed, either him or me as I know he saw me!

Trappeur

S

Omg this is the funniest danm thing I've read in a long time lol ? 

• Like 1