Cinnamon broom differences?

Trappeur

What is really the major difference between a cinnamon broom scent versus say a plain cinnamon or red hot cinnamon?

I guess I'm asking what are the different ingredients in it?

Cinnamon broom is an excellent seller for me.  I used to get from Tennessee and then had to go to Fragrance Buddy since Tennessee is now gone.  I have never been impressed with either Cinnamon Brooms but the name I'm sure is what moves the candle sales.  I just made up some more for a store and I really want to revamp it meaning make it more "punchy", if you get my jest?  You know that "sparkle" fragrance note you get from the cinnamon brooms you buy in the grocery stores at Christmas?  Should I get red hot cinnamon and add to it?  Actually I have never bought a red hot cinnamon.  I hear CS has a good one?  Now I love cinnamon also and I have tried a lot of cinnamons and none have ever made my boat float.  

Trappeur

I don't know the answer as to the difference, but ever since I found Cinnamon Broom from Fragrance Buddy, that's the only cinnamon my daughter wants.  She was over here yesterday and said she needed more Cinnamon Stick melts, so I got one out (CS cinnamon stick), but then she realized she said the wrong name.  She meant Cinnamon Broom.  Cinnamon Stick wouldn't do.  Neither would Cinnamon Vanilla or Cinnabon.  She just loves FB Cinnamon Broom, which I have to make more of for her as I am out melts.

I think I prefer Cinnamon Stick from CS myself, but Cinnamon Broom is good too.

SOS has one not sure of it's scent. They mention an East Indian flair which leads me to believe it probably has Cardamom in it. A good choice. Most cinnamon brooms in retail stores are scented with additional oils.  If you do try it please let us know. I'm interested in trying this oil myself.

Here is my take on it and I carry Cinnamon Broom, Cinnamon Buns and Red Hot Cinnamon. I think of the Cinnamon Broom as more of a Dry cinnamon scent if that makes sense. Very similar to the cinnamon scented items you might find in a gift shop. The Red hot cinnamon is more of a spicy cinnamon like the burning red hots I used to eat as a kid, not sweet but "red hot" almost fireball ish. Obviously the cinnamon buns has the pastry added to it. I have also used the Cinnamon Stick from CS but now use the Broom from Fragrance Buddy,  I hope that helps a bit. Spending the day today looking for Peak replacements.

Karen in MA

25 minutes ago, rctfavr3 said:

SOS has one not sure of it's scent. They mention an East Indian flair which leads me to believe it probably has Cardamom in it. A good choice. Most cinnamon brooms in retail stores are scented with additional oils.  If you do try it please let us know. I'm interested in trying this oil myself.

Yea, I could understand where the Cardamon would be an ingredient, probably the one that gives it that extra punch.  Thanks!

I have never ordered from Savon Scents and don't think I will.  But thanks again...I'm going to do a slight blend myself.  I will post the results though!

Trappeur

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, kfintoni said:

Here is my take on it and I carry Cinnamon Broom, Cinnamon Buns and Red Hot Cinnamon. I think of the Cinnamon Broom as more of a Dry cinnamon scent if that makes sense. Very similar to the cinnamon scented items you might find in a gift shop. The Red hot cinnamon is more of a spicy cinnamon like the burning red hots I used to eat as a kid, not sweet but "red hot" almost fireball ish. Obviously the cinnamon buns has the pastry added to it. I have also used the Cinnamon Stick from CS but now use the Broom from Fragrance Buddy,  I hope that helps a bit. Spending the day today looking for Peak replacements.

Karen in MA

Well, you know the old saying "if it ain't broke, why fix it?".....I guess I should just stick with Fragrance Buddy since it seems like the only out there at the moment that I could find....what do I know?  Maybe that oil is the one. I have never received a negative remark about FB's oil really so it seems everyone loves it....  But I just don't smell the fragrance like the Cinnamon Brooms you buy, like you said like the things in the country gift shops (as that is what (I want) - you know the scent when you go to a gift shop and you walk in and see all the prim things and you get that knock you in the face aroma as you walk into the door?  I'm still going to diddle and try some red hot cinnamon to it (just to appease myself, lol) Maybe I'll do 3/4 in Fragrance Buddys Cinnamon Broom and 1/4 in CS Red Hot Cinnamon....Thanks!

Trappeur

Let us know what you think when you blend those! I'm always looking for a good cinnamon. It seems to be the most popular scent in the Fall and winter besides Pumpkin scents. I'm wondering what it would smell like to blend all three. Cinnamon broom, red hot cinnamon and cinnamon sticks. JS has a fireball cinnamon that I've been wanting to pour to see if I might want to purchase a large bottle. 

11 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

I'll try that combo do Belinda and post it!  Maybe I need to get some cardoman too....hmmm....wonder if they make it....Just more dang money I DON'T need to be spending...

Trappeur

JS has a cardamom cake that I LOVE! It's a nice Fall scent. It has cinnamon in it too. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a cardamom by itself, have you?