6006 breakdown - any known current issues

13 hours ago, lovelyscents said:

Well I was going to order from candle science to compare since another poster on here definitely has a difference from BA vs candle science (candle science looked better), but after reading that you ordered from them with the same result...I am assuming it's "normal" or something is up with IGI.  There are a couple of others I have spoken with on here that states there is slightly more yellow than say 4630 and their performance isn't compromised.  However, I am not impressed at all with this wax. I just want to be sure that I am giving it an accurate review based on if it is defective or not.

I haven't been able to get even an 1 hour throw from melts using 6006.  It was purchased from Flaming Candle 2 separate times this year for my testing. 

On 7/26/2017 at 10:37 PM, wthomas57 said:

The new waxes are not available yet... supposedly soon. I guess samples have been sent to distributors.

I am just concnerned that NGI suddenly pulled the plug on their wax before so what is to stop them from doing it again.

Has soy candle makers frustrated and nervous going forward. Ill try it because i cant help myself (its a problem). But I dont have much trust right now.

The new waxes are available right now. 

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 10:37 PM, wthomas57 said:

The new waxes are not available yet... supposedly soon. I guess samples have been sent to distributors.

I am just concnerned that NGI suddenly pulled the plug on their wax before so what is to stop them from doing it again.

Has soy candle makers frustrated and nervous going forward. Ill try it because i cant help myself (its a problem). But I dont have much trust right now.

And it's not the first time either!
They did it about early 2001- stopping making their original waxes, in buckets.
They did it again when they stopped making the Eco 120

They did it again with Pure Soy
And again last year with everything.

I was very close to Dan, and did a lot of testing for him over the years but this is truly ridiculous. I am not sure if he still owns NGI or not, but their inconsistency has steered me away from their soy waxes fully. :(

9 hours ago, Flicker said:

And it's not the first time either!
They did it about early 2001- stopping making their original waxes, in buckets.
They did it again when they stopped making the Eco 120

They did it again with Pure Soy
And again last year with everything.

I was very close to Dan, and did a lot of testing for him over the years but this is truly ridiculous. I am not sure if he still owns NGI or not, but their inconsistency has steered me away from their soy waxes fully. :(

Yah its unfortunate.... because in my opinion (and I think a general consensus by majority) is that their soy waxes were better than the others.

It is what it is I guess.  Thanks for sharing that extra info.

I have been using 6006 from Candlescience and it came a creamy yellowish color.  I added some coconut oil and 10% FO and it had an immediate hot throw using cd wicks.

I used to make an awesome C3/4627 candle but the CS got so wacky nothing worked.  I'm really liking the 6006.  Have to say though the newer 6006 seems to take smaller wicks than the old 6006.  I had part of any old slab..white in color and the size of cd needed was much bigger.