Turkey fryer

Was the fryer new?  Was it cleaned properly before first use?  Lots of possibilities here, including that it may have nothing to do with the turkey fryer.  Has ambient temperature and humidity changed.  Sadly I can't even make melts right now.  House humidity is at almost 70% and soy does not like it and I get fugly melts and candles.  Humidifier will arrive on Wed and I'll be back in business.  The candles look like pretty common soy problems.

Edited by kandlekrazy
  • Like 1

It was used once before me but I cleaned very well. And looking over some other post it may be where I got it from which was Lonestar candle supply someone else seems to be having the same problem. 

I do use a turkey fryer for melting but haven't run into any changes in appearance from doing so and I use soy not paraffin 

I have been making test batches in my presto and it looks the same as the fryer and it  burns the same 

@Ajahare you talking appearance issues only or burn issues as well?

I did read a post of LS issues with 4630 

Recently....sounds to me like soy isn't the only wax having issues lately  :whistling:

I wouldn't think 4630 would set like that, it does look like a temperature issue - does your fryer have a thermostat? Have you tried pouring any using a presto or double boiler method?

Edited by moonshine

T^his T^hread... That's what's got the giggler going for me today. 

So I just GOTTA ask... Are these the metal buckets on an open propane burner kinda deals that you gotta use outside?  

On a side note... Did you know that you can deep fat fry foods in beeswax? 

Edited by Sponiebr

10 hours ago, moonshine said:

I do use a turkey fryer for melting but haven't run into any changes in appearance from doing so and I use soy not paraffin 

I have been making test batches in my presto and it looks the same as the fryer and it  burns the same 

@Ajahare you talking appearance issues only or burn issues as well?

I did read a post of LS issues with 4630 

Recently....sounds to me like soy isn't the only wax having issues lately  :whistling:

I wouldn't think 4630 would set like that, it does look like a temperature issue - does your fryer have a thermostat? Have you tried pouring any using a presto or double boiler method?

Yes I tried the presto pot and got the same results 

• 2 years later...

There it is, the same problem I am having and this is 3 years earlier. His red pic looks like heat gun was used, and I also get that, just a slight difference in pattern.

Edited by CaptnKush