NatureWax Elite 200 Soy Container Wax

Hi, I'm new to candle making and find reading the forums here very useful.

Apologies if I'm missing it, but I cannot find anyone talking about a soy blend I only find at Filmore Container called NatureWax Elite 200. Maybe I searched using the wrong terms.

I wanted to get into candle making and started with 464 and supplies from candle science. Seemed easy enough to make - perfectly smooth but after test burning the candles always looked like cottege cheese on top. After researching a lot it appears that most everyone accepts this type of look with soy.

Since then I've tried mixing paraffin with it, trying one 100% soy and still wasnt pleased with the results. The jars I wanted to use 8oz anchor hocking were available at Filmore so I wanted to try to get my wax from the same vendor to combine shopping. They have golden waxes or C1,C3 and this Elite 200. The elite was more expensive so I decided to give it a shot hoping more expensive means more better. I just poured a sample this week so I haven't allowed a lot of curing time, but the tops are perfect after each 2-3 hour burn and cool. I can't speak for HT since the FO has had no cure time either. Overall this has been my best wax experience. In the glass jar it did have some adhesion/wet spots and a little wax buildup on the wick which took 10 seconds to fix with a hair dryer on low. One sample I used the hairdryer on the sides that looked like wet spots and air bubbles rose to the top and the candle looked great. I did notice after several burns the wet spots come back after cooling. I think in my scenario a label might cover up most of that, plus in tins it won't be an issue at all. 

So, anyone else using this regularly or another soy blend that isn't a headache?

I can go into more specifics about my experience with it.

But would love to discuss with another user. 

• 1 month later...

Thanks @Nickie but that link is for a different product. NW Elite 200 I only find from Filmore container. I've continued with testing and I like it. I know I'm new to candling, but it works well for me. I talked to Filmore and they said it was 100% soy. The msds says it's a Mixed Vegetable Glyceride. I haven't gotten it to work great in glass, but I'm doing tons for now. Tops are always smooth after every burn. I'll post some testing photos later, but would like to chat with anyone else who uses or tested it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2017 at 7:28 PM, Dorothy Mantooth said:

Thanks @Nickie but that link is for a different product. NW Elite 200 I only find from Filmore container. I've continued with testing and I like it. I know I'm new to candling, but it works well for me. I talked to Filmore and they said it was 100% soy. The msds says it's a Mixed Vegetable Glyceride. I haven't gotten it to work great in glass, but I'm doing tons for now. Tops are always smooth after every burn. I'll post some testing photos later, but would like to chat with anyone else who uses or tested it. 

This shows testing of all 3 new waxes. Read further. 

9 hours ago, Nickie said:

This shows testing of all 3 new waxes. Read further. 

Unless I'm totally missing something, the link reviews the three new Ecosoya Quantum products Q210, Q220, Q230. The wax I'm referring to is called NW Elite 200. It's not a new wax. It is manufactured by Cargill. https://www.cargill.com/doc/1432078142698/naturewax-elite-200-product-handling.pdf.

The Ecosoya products are manufactured by NGI, Nature's Gift International. So me asking about NW Elite 200 does sound similar to Natures Gift Ecosoya 210. :)

I would love to find someone who is currently using this product. I only have luck using ECO wicks with it. I've started mixing 4630 in different percentages and other wicks CD and HTP are working some.

• 6 months later...
On 9/4/2017 at 6:28 PM, Dorothy Mantooth said:

Dorothy, the ELITE 200 is a mix of soy and palm, it is not 100% soy.... I'm getting ready to try it   https://uscandlesupply.com/product/naturewax-elite-200-slab-60lb-case/

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Anyone using this wax? I had a sample from Elevance (before Cargill purchased it) and loved it. Got a case of the Cargill and am on the fence about ordering more. The newer case from Cargill has more whitish specks, from the palm, I believe. The older Naturewax didnt do this. Hot throw was AMAZING with the older sample. Might have a case of candle nose right now and will have to wait for it to cure to really be able to make a conclusion on that. I am told that Cargill changed the formula some. Anyone know anything about the formula change and why?