Rotten Milk

Sponiebr

Um, (fidgety)

So, not that I would EVER do something like put rotten milk in my soap even IF there is a half gallon of it in my work fridge, but I seem to be running low on my little 50g frozen cubes of yogurt. Do any of y'all use any other types of creamy-soured-happiness-milk-smut in your soaps? Say, like sour cream in lieu of yogurt? Soygurt? Djoghurt? (it's not yoghurt, it's djoghurt...)   I ask because I will have to buy some pretty soon and I like to keep my options open when it comes to shopping so I can save that $.01 off my purchase of store brand whatever. 

Just curious... 

Sponie

• 1 month later...

The only milk products I haven't tried yet are ice cream and cottage cheese. Oh yeah haven't tried sour cream yet either.

Yogurt makes great soap but mine always discolored a light tan so I quit using it. I also like buttermilk, goat milk, coconut milk, hemp milk, soy milk, almond milk, coconut-almond. Hmm... haven't tried rice milk yet either!

Yesterday I checked the expiration date of the goat milk I was using and it expired 2 months ago. So I smelled it and tasted it and it seemed okay. So I went ahead and used it for my soap. It wasn't until I got to the bottom of the carton when a couple of lumps came out with the milk. Oh well, will cut the soap today and see how it did but so far it looks okay from the top.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2017 at 11:44 AM, Candybee said:

:P

Cut the soap up the other day and its just fine. Smells wonderful. But next time I will not use expired milk. LOL

This just opens up a WORLD of new Bad Ideas RIPE for the pick'n!

I'm gonna go see the LUNCH Lady... 

Edited by Sponiebr
  • Like 1