GLYCERIN SOAP IN HOT PROCESS SOAP MAKING

Honeybadgeress

I have only seen m&p swirled into cold process. Looked fabulous. Never seen it blended with HP. My gut tells me the translucence would be overtaken by the opacity of the HP, but it might be a fun experiment.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I have only seen m&p swirled into cold process. Looked fabulous. Never seen it blended with HP. My gut tells me the translucence would be overtaken by the opacity of the HP, but it might be a fun experiment.

Oh SPEAKING of this... It might interest you to know, given the plentiful insanity of my world that *I* am a nut... Wait... No. That wasn't it, I put some white-ish toping mica into my OHM and get this it has translucent almost M&P clear swirls in the soap, now that batch was CP but, I'm wondering if it wouldn't work in HP as well. Normally that mica is used as a top coat but I figured WTH... I'll just add a little sparkle to my bubble. I've been kinda scrooge-ish with my mica since the "Bronze Mica Disaster" but I'm gonna up my game next batch and see what happens...

So @Honeybadgeress   Maybe some silver mica for translucent swirls?  

Cheers,

Sponiebr: The Executor of Bad Ideas and Sundry Services. (I got out of my cage and they don't know it yet.... giggles) 

• Like 1

I have put some M&P in my HP after the cook and before molding the HP. I wouldn't say it was a failure, but I didn't like the way it turned out. The HP was too hot, and scorched-maybe that's the right description? - the M&P and made it a rubbery consistency after the cure, got super thin, because of the heat, and there weren't many "swirls" that I could detect because it mixed in so well with the hot HP (but I knew the M&P was in there because of the rubbery feeling)

However, I was afraid that if I waited for the HP to cool down enough to get the actual swirls, the HP wold have been gloppy, I wouldn't have gotten 'swirls' but blobs of M&P and just never have revisited it. 

• Like 1

I know it's not HP but here's the soap I was talking about: 

1. I MASSIVELY played with the color balance (like y'know... NASA...) to try and show the effects that you could see if you were holding the bar in your hand and looking at it while on an acid trip. (I'm tryna be HELPFUL here! )
    20170516_174932.thumb.jpg.ed7dc20f3c645a0bc354aa271f841f36.jpg591be70197e5d_OHMenhanced.thumb.jpg.6b8e0a6346320521e4e1cb45a56e4863.jpg
  • Like 2