More salt bars..

Candybee

Made a couple more batches today. Blue/green is an ocean/water/lavender blend. Don't have a name for it yet. It came out pretty nice.

58f93b49a2664_SeaKelp.thumb.jpg.0491e7e5bdaab7efb3aaaf3c36f5246c.jpg

The second one is a total swirl/color fail. Its one fugly soap but it sure smells beautiful. I used black canyon and colors are black/copper/lavender/cobalt.

58f93b5887b70_BlackCanyon.thumb.jpg.756ade9e55435760b3a380df867747e7.jpg

• Like 7

The first one is supposed to look like ocean waves. It smells like a floral ocean water type and the lavender in it gives is a bit of 'green' herbalness to it. It smells like a nice floral ocean breeze. Looking for a good name for it. Something with a pacific ocean theme. Any ideas?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Candybee said:

The first one is supposed to look like ocean waves. It smells like a floral ocean water type and the lavender in it gives is a bit of 'green' herbalness to it. It smells like a nice floral ocean breeze. Looking for a good name for it. Something with a pacific ocean theme. Any ideas?

The Siren's dreaming?

• Like 2

Just now, Moonstar said:

Mermaids Tail  - Pacific Tide - Sea Foam - IDK im not very good at this :( 

Moonstar, I think those are great names.  Just jibing off Moonstar's names....Mermaid's Dream, Seaside Floral, Poisenden's Tale, Neptune's Breeze (can you tell my son just finished a lesson on Greek and Roman history?).  Sorry, I suck at names too!

• Like 2

i heard the word salt bars and got right on here! Shew...been busy and have a hubby that has had surgery....but let's go back to the salt bars....Candybee...those are just awesome!!!! I bet they smell heavenly! Beautiful job! :)

• Like 1

Popped them out of the mold this morning. Took some pics. I don't know why more and more I am taking pics out of focus. Sigh..

Anyway, here they are.. they are so much nicer looking than these awful photos.

Ocean soap pics:

58fa0b8c6647d_SeaKelp2.thumb.jpg.c0404187ae52f992bcad206fea07d73f.jpg

58fa0b9d82999_SeaKelp3.thumb.jpg.0d439cc04e85804b6c3b34d5824e79e2.jpg

Black canyon pic. Its the only photo that came out semi-nice.

58fa0ba8b6c46_BlackCanyon2.thumb.jpg.beff599d236d5917d3c9b89eec696a45.jpg

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, soshiegirl said:

Moonstar, I think those are great names.  Just jibing off Moonstar's names....Mermaid's Dream, Seaside Floral, Poisenden's Tale, Neptune's Breeze (can you tell my son just finished a lesson on Greek and Roman history?).  Sorry, I suck at names too!

I think they are pretty good! I especially like Mermaid's Dream!

• Like 2

I like the words: pacific, mermaid, sea form, dream, tradewind.. but I want something that definite makes you think ocean and is girlish and feminine for this.. Something that has a Disney cruise ship name flavor without sounding like a cruise ship name.

I am thinking:

Pacific Mermaid

or

Mermaid Princess

Just need some more ideas.... thanks!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Candybee said:

Darn! I need one more 18 bar mold!!! Have to wait until I can pay some bills before I get another one. The BB ones are so nice!

I got rid of mine because except for salt bars that I literally only make once or twice a year, tops, I don't use slab molds.

And I take that back, I do still have my Misty Creek slab, but it's only got the cut slits on the sides of the mold, but no dividers, so I wouldn't use that one for salt bars anyway... 

I may save to get a BB one. I've heard they are really nice. 

They are awesome for salt bars. The bars literally pop out of the mold and the dividers are easy peasy to clean. But I do line the bottom with freezer wrap. It has a hard plastic bottom plate that fits flush with the mold. But I found my soaps stick to the plastic. That's why I line the bottom with freezer wrap.

4 hours ago, Candybee said:

I like the words: pacific, mermaid, sea form, dream, tradewind.. but I want something that definite makes you think ocean and is girlish and feminine for this.. Something that has a Disney cruise ship name flavor without sounding like a cruise ship name.

I am thinking:

Pacific Mermaid

or

Mermaid Princess

Just need some more ideas.... thanks!

(whistles to self) 

Oh! How about: 

"The Mermaid's Fantastic Lei"

:biggrin: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Candybee said:

That's a beautiful name. But it makes me think of flowers and not ocean or salt water.

Hmmmm..... Salty Mermaid? LOL

Ummm hmmmm... ummm hmmm... M'kay. I'm feel'n ya... Salt, Disney, Pacific, sea, flowers... Ok... 

How about: "Ariel's Slippery-When-Wet Seaside Watering Hole & Hula Bar." 

"The Little Mermaid's Secret: Strong enough for a Fish but made for a person."

Then there's the time trusted: "The-Meh-I-couldn't-come-up-with-a-name-for-this-flowery-seascape-mermaid-princess-inspired-salt-bar-that-sounded-right-but-it's-great-stuff-and-I-still-have-to-sell-it-Soap-Bar."

That's all the "tame" names I have for right now. 

Feel free to use any of my above ideas verbatim Candy,  I gotcher back! ;)

Sponiebr: "We be Bad Ideas n' Sh!+"

eeThJdnKBbMr9YU36orYfYPW83-F_u_YBnIQUHlz

• Like 1