Juniper Aloe

Candybee

These are some fresh made facial soaps I make with fresh avocado puree, avocado & grapeseed oils. This FO, Juniper Aloe (RBB) stays fluid for a while then suddenly accelerates on me. So I have to work fast. But its worth it because they smell awesome!

In the mold:

58f7864a9f38c_HydratingCucumber.thumb.jpg.8ee3568c04b0a4301dab8df170c1a945.jpg

Fresh cut pics:

58f786557fad6_HydratingCucumber2.thumb.jpg.318273a5be31e8ad82d4fca13b9a2483.jpg

58f7866fc3164_HydratingCucumber3.thumb.jpg.67c3efbd9cd02300509ba94a14f8ecdd.jpg

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Candybee said:

You haven't soaped Juniper Aloe yet? I am surprised! Its a beautiful scent to soap with. I also can't keep this soap in stock it sells so fast!

I haven't. I only have limited suppliers for scent though, and have never used EBB. I may have to remedy that once I get my budget back under control! :) 

• Like 1

No I have not - I currently only use the juniper aloe- sensuous black rose- Rocky Mountain Christmas- downpour- exotic Amazon teakwood and sweetgrass 

next order I will throw a sample in the cart but I am trying to cut out fragrances....not add them ?

I've been using the juniper aloe because I make aloe vera soaps and wanted an aloe type scent. This one is beautiful in CP soap! Don't think I've tried it in candles but I bet it would be awesome... spa like, upscale type!

Wanted to add I started using it in my goat milk lotions and it smells awesome in lotion too! Its also a big seller in lotion.

I also just started using it in liquid soap. Seems like whatever I put it in smells very nice, upscale, and spa-like!

Edited by Candybee

29 minutes ago, Scented said:

I'd love to smell that fragrance. The soap looks great. On the avocado puree ... it doesn't end up browning in soap? 

No. I turns the soap a lovely natural yellowish green. It doesn't discolor or morph the scent. But what it does do for the soap is add the most luscious creamy texture and lather. If you've never used an avocado soap you should make one or buy one and try it. 

Re the scent-- it is perfect in CP. The only problem I have is it accelerates after a couple minutes. You do have some time to work with swirls but you have to work quickly. So I usually just do something simple.

I use one full avocado for 2 batches of 56oz oil recipes. Each batch makes 18 bars of soap. I use it as part of my liquid. So I deduct the weight of the avocado from my total liquid. In this case I use aloe vera juice. I used to use fresh cucumber juice from my juicer. But the cucumbers broke part of my juicer so now I just use the avocado.

If you look at the cream color of the soap that is what color the avocado turns it. I forgot the natural 'green' color was when I used to combine cucumber and avocado puree to my soap. The color was really pretty.

• Like 1