Pink Sugar

Candybee

These were inspired by Barbara.  I hope she doesn't mind I used your color scheme but they were so pretty. I had some leftover PS from Flickers so I just wanted to try out.

Just used the PS in the pink batter with equal amt of vanilla stabilizer. Will see how long the color stays.

Pink Sugar in the mold. White glitter sprinkles from Nurture on top.

58ef9faa7a915_PinkSugar.thumb.jpg.cff11bcf151911774504d964c8102411.jpg

Cut pic:

58ef9fb609511_PinkSugar2.thumb.jpg.aad285097b80c5e9ed258d5bc2764dda.jpg

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jcandleattic said:

Beautiful! 

Pink sugar is one of my favorite scents. Love it. 

Mine didn't start to turn brownish until right around the 9 month mark, and they only turned on the edges, nothing in the middle. I wish I could find my pics of it. 

This is my first time trying pink sugar in soap. I didn't think I would like it that much cause OOB it smells sort of meh to me. But in the soap its beautiful! When they cure I will debut them and see if my customers like them.

Do you mind me asking where do you get your PS? I see EBB has it. Wonder if it is the same Flickers FO?

I'm anxious to see how long it takes. The first time I made ps I used vanilla stabilizer and it stayed pink for many months. The 2nd time it turned orange immediately and from then on I just starting working with the brown. 

2 hours ago, Candybee said:

This is my first time trying pink sugar in soap. I didn't think I would like it that much cause OOB it smells sort of meh to me. But in the soap its beautiful! When they cure I will debut them and see if my customers like them.

Do you mind me asking where do you get your PS? I see EBB has it. Wonder if it is the same Flickers FO?

I've only ever had it from Peak. I bought so much of it, and I still have about 8oz left. I LOVE it in soap. In candles, it's okay, but in soap it comes alive, and I also love it mixed with NG's Satsuma for lotions. Smells just like a ruby red grapefruit when mixed with NG's satsuma (IMO anyway) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrazeKelly said:

I'm anxious to see how long it takes. The first time I made ps I used vanilla stabilizer and it stayed pink for many months. The 2nd time it turned orange immediately and from then on I just starting working with the brown. 

I've had mine turn orange a couple times, however once it's gelled and saponification is complete, it goes back to pink. (or at least it did for me) not sure it would turn back if I didn't gel though. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

I've only ever had it from Peak. I bought so much of it, and I still have about 8oz left. I LOVE it in soap. In candles, it's okay, but in soap it comes alive, and I also love it mixed with NG's Satsuma for lotions. Smells just like a ruby red grapefruit when mixed with NG's satsuma (IMO anyway) 

Oh that sounds like a lovely combo!

After I made the pink sugar I made some pink grapefruit with the same colors. I think the grapefruit + pink sugar would be awesome together. Sort of like satsuma.

I currently use EBB's Sea Island Grapefruit with a bit of pink grapefruit EO. Its one of my best sellers!

3 hours ago, Candybee said:

Oh that sounds like a lovely combo!

After I made the pink sugar I made some pink grapefruit with the same colors. I think the grapefruit + pink sugar would be awesome together. Sort of like satsuma.

I currently use EBB's Sea Island Grapefruit with a bit of pink grapefruit EO. Its one of my best sellers!

I think NG's Satsuma smells exactly like a grapefruit scent and nothing like a satsuma ive ever smelled, which is why I blend it. :)