Cleaning house

Scented

It's time to start cleaning up the fragrance supplier list. I'm not that up to date on who has stayed around and who has flown the coop. I know Tennessee Candle Supply is gone, but I also know there are some new people. If you know who to add and who to toss, please list it below. Thanks for your help!

I have been testing the ribbon wick on the 12 oz status jars using palm wax. So far they have been working pretty good but I am still testing.  I have Frasier Fir and Cracklin' Birch in my line and testing a few others right now.   Sleighride and Reindeer Games for Christmas.  I tested Hawaiian Ginger and was told it is a lot like the Glade scent but they could not remember the name off hand.  "Hawaiian something" they said.  LOL!

• 5 months later...
On 4/9/2017 at 11:09 AM, pcbrook said:

I have been testing the ribbon wick on the 12 oz status jars using palm wax. So far they have been working pretty good but I am still testing.  I have Frasier Fir and Cracklin' Birch in my line and testing a few others right now.   Sleighride and Reindeer Games for Christmas.  I tested Hawaiian Ginger and was told it is a lot like the Glade scent but they could not remember the name off hand.  "Hawaiian something" they said.  LOL!

Any conclusions on the ribbon 

wicks ? 

On 4/6/2017 at 4:04 PM, Scented said:

Two of three pages updated ... still accepting input if anyone has new companies or ones out of biz. 

This is what's being cleaned up for everyone's use. 

THANK YOU so much Scented for taking the lime out of your day to update a supplier list for all of us.  I'm a newbie to this group but am very grateful for this forum and all of you ladies!  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Moonstar said:

wicks ? 

I thought the ribbon wicks would be long (like a worm. :) ) for shallow containers,  but the ones I saw at Northwoods were like wood wicks only the 'ribbon' material.  They do sound interesting.

I remember looking all over the internet for ribbon wicks the first time I saw one of those shallow rectangular containers with a ribbon wick at a store.  Now I don't think I would want to try to perfect one of those kind of candles if I could find the wicks.  But what a lot of flame!

16 hours ago, Moonstar said:

wicks ? 

They didn't work too bad in my palm wax.  They might even be better in other wax, like soy or a paraffin blend.  I ordered more wicks but haven't had the time to do more testing with them.  Maybe this winter when things quiet down again.  

• Like 1

On 4/9/2017 at 10:09 AM, pcbrook said:

Long time coming. Thanks! It has been added.