WSP melt and pour

yoyo

Does anyone have much luck with any of the blends of melt and pour from WSP?  I have tried several and always encounter the same problems like shrinkage, sweating in any kind of temperature and just overall performance.  I'm just can't waste anymore money trying a different variety so I'm reaching out for help.  If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much.

I have tried the detergent free and just didn't care for the overall performance.  The pro base is what I have now and in no time at all it shrinks and sweats even when there is no humidity to speak of.  I think maybe I will have to look elsewhere for a stable base.  Thanks for your help.  Have you ever tried Candlewic's bases?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I tested the "no sweat" SFIC this weekend and so far it seems to be doing alright ... I'll check it later today.  Plus, we just had rain, so this will be a good test, as I've left one bar out in the open air.

With both the Stephenson (which I have not tried) and the SFIC, although I wish there was a base that didn't include palm oil, at least they both have statements that they purchase with RSPO (Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil) compliance.

• 6 months later...

I'm starting to test out WSP's "Detergent Free Three Butter Soap" -- on my first test, I've realized that this is much softer than the SFIC "LCP" (like cold process) that I've been toying with, so I'm going to see if adding some stearic acid will help harden it up a bit.  After my first test that resulted in a pretty soft bar, I used it as a minor addition to the SFIC as a blend and it worked nicely.  So, now I'll see if adding just a bit of the SFIC to a higher percentage of the WSP will work at making it a harder soap, or stearic acid, or I may experiment by adding just a bit of beeswax to it. 

I'd like this to work for me because I order some other items from them and the purchase of the m/p helps for my combined order.  So, I'll do some more tests and post back later.

• Like 3