Ads on page prevent me from posting

glasllyn

These ads were gone for awhile, and now they're back. I have to click to X them out and then I can type. If I don't, I can't type anything. This is no annoying because it happens every single time I'm on a new page here. I'm using the latest version of Chrome, Windows 10. It's maddening. Do you know of a fix?

usage.JPG

Edited by glasllyn

The problem is with THOSE ads here.   I don't have the issue elsewhere.   I tend to let the ads run on this site for your revenue stream.    I can AdBlock them with no issue.   Just didn't think that was beneficial for the group.

Those ads follow the first topic (between the first and second). Here is what I see.IMG_0854.PNG

When i I click on the start new topic I see this:

IMG_0857.PNGHow is the ad placement preventing typing? ?

I sure do appreciate allowing ads. The forum costs quite a lot out of pocket. Every view helps keep the lights on. 

IMG_0855.PNG

The problem ads are not appearing at the moment.  

What glasllyn captured were the problem ads--the paper airplane red logo in the corner.    I had the same issue on my new work laptop as I did with my old home desktop.    Nothing registered as malicious code with the AV/anti-malware software on either.    When I used AdBlocked those specific ads on the work pc, the page behaved normally.        It was  an issue with the paper airplane logo'd ads, not the others

2 hours ago, KrisS said:

The problem ads are not appearing at the moment.  

What glasllyn captured were the problem ads--the paper airplane red logo in the corner.    I had the same issue on my new work laptop as I did with my old home desktop.    Nothing registered as malicious code with the AV/anti-malware software on either.    When I used AdBlocked those specific ads on the work pc, the page behaved normally.        It was  an issue with the paper airplane logo'd ads, not the others

Ah. Ok. That makes sense. The ads are usually sensitive to places you have searched or clicked to in the past on the device being used on the forum. I have not been anywhere that those types of ads appear so I can't play with what to do. 

• 4 months later...

The video ads make the page jump around.  It's so frustrating.  I scroll down and the page goes back up, etc.  I pause the ad video but it doesn't help for long.  It's hard to type a post with the page moving up and down . :)  Mostly up to the top where the ad is.

1 hour ago, TallTayl said:

When did the video ads start? I have not changed any settings. 

I usually visit here here on my iPad or mobile phone and have. It et seen those. 

If i I know how to word it, I can query Google AdSense for answers.

I don't really know.  I know I've been having trouble for several weeks at least. Sometimes more than others.  I can't find an X on the ad to close it, but supposedly can pause it.  But it doesn't stay paused.  The ad sure interferes with scrolling down on a page.  Or I can be writing a post and all at once the page moves up to the top where the ad is.

Like you said, the ads aren't on my phone.  But I usually get on craft server from my laptop.