Has Anyone Tried FOs from The Chemistry Store?

glasllyn

I was literally just wondering about this!  And I couldn't find much on it, so I just placed an order for Rosemary Mint and Coconut Cream... I'll get back to you on how they are ;) The prices were pretty great.

• Like 1

So far I have only ordered the Sandalwood Rose for my CP soap. It smells wonderful and so far my customers are liking it.

The Chemistry Store carries Lebermuth oils so you know they are good quality. I don't think a lot of people realize that they carry Lebermuth oils.

I also buy EOs from them. They have a couple I have a hard time finding at my regular EO suppliers like orange 10x and Lemon Eucalyptus.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, ehatch1 said:

I was literally just wondering about this!  And I couldn't find much on it, so I just placed an order for Rosemary Mint and Coconut Cream... I'll get back to you on how they are ;) The prices were pretty great.

Did they charge you $20 to ship?

15 hours ago, Candybee said:

So far I have only ordered the Sandalwood Rose for my CP soap. It smells wonderful and so far my customers are liking it.

The Chemistry Store carries Lebermuth oils so you know they are good quality. I don't think a lot of people realize that they carry Lebermuth oils.

I also buy EOs from them. They have a couple I have a hard time finding at my regular EO suppliers like orange 10x and Lemon Eucalyptus.

Lebermuth? Do they actually list that somewhere? I didn't notice!

EDIT: I  See it now. Thanks!

Edited by glasllyn

I have the sandalwood rose that candybee mentions, and it is very nice. I also have vanilla butter - coconut cream - peach gardenia - pineapple jasmine

beachwood mango - brazilian mango - they all smell vey good :) Yes, they are Lebermuth .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

I have the sandalwood rose that candybee mentions, and it is very nice. I also have vanilla butter - coconut cream - peach gardenia - pineapple jasmine

beachwood mango - brazilian mango - they all smell vey good :) Yes, they are Lebermuth .

So excited to hear this about the coconut.  I have been dying for a good one and was hoping this would be it! :)

3 minutes ago, ehatch1 said:

So excited to hear this about the coconut.  I have been dying for a good one and was hoping this would be it! :)

Im curious to see if you like it at least OOB - Im so mad I didn't order the rosemary mint, Id like to mix it with lavender. But i really wanna try the lavender + herbs

from Sweet Cakes along with her Original Clairol Herbal Essence :) 

• Like 1

Just now, Moonstar said:

Im curious to see if you like it at least OOB - Im so mad I didn't order the rosemary mint, Id like to mix it with lavender. But i really wanna try the lavender + herbs

from Sweet Cakes along with her Original Clairol Herbal Essence :) 

Don't get me started wanting to buy from another supplier!  Omg haha

5 minutes ago, WaxingPoetic said:

What is Lebermuth ? Is this something that I need ? ?

I have heard that, YES, it is!  I am ashamed to admit that in my longtime search for the perfect patchouli FO, i broke down yesterday and bought a pound even though there was a $20 charge for buying less than $300 of supplies.  I just had to know if it's really amazing.  Patch is my favorite.

• Like 2

On 3/30/2017 at 0:35 PM, WaxingPoetic said:

What is Lebermuth ? Is this something that I need ? ?

lol,,...you sound like me Glaslyn....but it's a company name....a high quality company that people love.  Though I have never ordered from there....

Trappeur

• Like 2

I think you need to have a tax ID to order directly from them, but I could be wrong. I'm a photographer, so I'm used to buying from suppliers who sell only to professionals. I am not a professional maker of soap or candles, (my questions here should make that obvious) so I get all bunched up when I can't access a product. Anything off-limits= I need it.

Update for those interested: I received Coconut Cream and Rosemary Mint from The Chemistry Store, and they both rock oob. Haven't put them in wax yet.  But the coconut makes me want to eat it.

@glasllyn, last week I ordered from both The Chemistry Store and Lebermuth directly, and did not need a tax ID :) 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ehatch1 said:

Update for those interested: I received Coconut Cream and Rosemary Mint from The Chemistry Store, and they both rock oob. Haven't put them in wax yet.  But the coconut makes me want to eat it.

@glasllyn, last week I ordered from both The Chemistry Store and Lebermuth directly, and did not need a tax ID :) 

The vanilla butter from Lebermuth has the same yumminess that the coconut cream has, in case your interested. Do you get a nice balance of both rosemary mint 

or is it stronger on the mint ? Im thinking of mixing that one with a lavender FO - do you think that would work ? The coconut lemongrass is great too :) 

Thanks for the update !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Moonstar said:

The vanilla butter from Lebermuth has the same yumminess that the coconut cream has, in case your interested. Do you get a nice balance of both rosemary mint 

or is it stronger on the mint ? Im thinking of mixing that one with a lavender FO - do you think that would work ? The coconut lemongrass is great too :) 

Thanks for the update !

Thank you for the suggestions!  It's hard to say since I'm just sniffing out of the bottle, but I think the mint is stronger than the rosemary.  However, I can smell both and they smell true.  I think I'll make candles with it and see how they are, and if it's too minty, add some rosemary from Candle Cocoon to balance it out.  I have also tried Rosemary Mint from Aztec, and this is much better than that.  That one was super minty, in a fake way.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2017 at 0:31 PM, ehatch1 said:

@glasllyn My shipping fee was about $16 for two 4 oz. bottles of FO.

Unfortunately 4oz of anything is going to be expensive to ship. I find you end up paying about the same in shipping if you had bought two 1lb bottles instead of two 4oz bottles. You always save more by buying in larger or in bulk quantities. I know it doesn't seem fair but there it is.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I received my first order from them today and am very impressed by the quality! I ordered Frankincense and Myrrh (probably the best one I have found), Autumn Harvest (perfect cinnamon blend in my opinion), Snowy Evergreen (very soft and pretty)  & Holiday Nest Type (orange, Vanilla spice). All are beautiful fragrances OOB and they were packaged great.  Cant wait to put them in wax. Curious to try some more. I would like a perfect Christmas Tree type but not sure if one thy carry is what I m looking for.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ldunleav said:

I received my first order from them today and am very impressed by the quality! I ordered Frankincense and Myrrh (probably the best one I have found), Autumn Harvest (perfect cinnamon blend in my opinion), Snowy Evergreen (very soft and pretty)  & Holiday Nest Type (orange, Vanilla spice). All are beautiful fragrances OOB and they were packaged great.  Cant wait to put them in wax. Curious to try some more. I would like a perfect Christmas Tree type but not sure if one thy carry is what I m looking for.

Holiday Nest Type sounds really nice. Is it a balance of all three notes ? Snowy Evergreen being soft OOB Im wondering how it'll do in wax ? Thanks for sharing.

The Vanilla Butter is nice and so is Coconut Cream.

The Holiday nest I smell orange first then, clove and vanilla in the background. Probably will be pretty on its own but could mix with many things....cinnamon, woods, tea? The snowy evergreen is soft but not weak if that makes sense. No sharp notes and maybe a bit powdery but my son loved it (actually rolled his eyes in his head :-). Both are discontinued with them but are Lebermuth so Bulk carries them as well but more expensive!  The Vanilla Butter and Coconut cream both look good I was looking at those for next time. I love love the Autumn Harvest!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Holiday Nest is wonderful. I think I get it from Bulk Apothecary.  I use in potpourri and it has sold out first for the last two years,  even after doubling the amount the second year. This year I am hoping to have enough for the whole fall winter season. I call it Winter Tyme.  I also smell  pomegranate, mandarin orange, pine, cloves and cinnamon with a hint of vanilla.

2016-10-21 09.05.16.jpg

Edited by candyb
  • Thanks 1