Do any of you drive yourself insane with blends ??

WaxingPoetic

3 hours ago, glasllyn said:

I don't want to sabotage this post, but I just saw the prices for TCS FOs and they're so inexpensive! Would anyone mind sharing their favorite oils from them? 

I also need a coconut. 

Hey, I don't mind at all, I did that to someone's post recently about a Strawberry someone brought up, lol ! 

My faves aside from their Pink Sugar is Caramel Coffee Cream ( it has also been a great thrower for me in Palm and soy ), Love Spell ( spot on ) Candy Corn, Candy Cane....they have a nice baby powder ! 

They have a super good lilac. I'm trying to figure out what all I've ordered from them over the years, lol...I truly don't recall getting any oil there that I didn't like.

I wish that I could tell you I like their coconut but I never tried it. They had a coconut cream pie I loved back then, but I don't see it there anymore.

If they still have Banana Nut Bread, that was good. Pumpkin Creme Brûlée is delicious ! Pineapple is good, Sweet Cherry smells like a cherry lifesaver to me. 

Froot Loops and Warm Vanilla Sugar is spot on, too. 

Edited by WaxingPoetic
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, glasllyn said:

I don't want to sabotage this post, but I just saw the prices for TCS FOs and they're so inexpensive! Would anyone mind sharing their favorite oils from them? 

I also need a coconut. 

Who is TCS ????

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2017 at 7:49 PM, WaxingPoetic said:

I use equal parts on all 3 for that one ! Cake Batter Ice Cream is one of my all time fave mixers !

Is there a difference between WSP Cake Batter Ice Cream + their Birthday Cake ? They have about 3-4 cakes I couldn't imagine that they're that different from

each other ? Most of the reviews on the cake batter one say it smells just like a cupcake ??? 

30 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Is there a difference between WSP Cake Batter Ice Cream + their Birthday Cake ? They have about 3-4 cakes I couldn't imagine that they're that different from

each other ? Most of the reviews on the cake batter one say it smells just like a cupcake ??? 

Their cake batter ice cream is different than any cake scents that I've ever had...it smells pretty true to it's name and it is an excellent mixer, at least in my opinion it is :)

To others, it may smell like a cupcake or more cake like, but I think it smells more like batter. It is almost hard to describe...I only used it once on it's own, I love that one in blends more than anything !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WaxingPoetic said:

Their cake batter ice cream is different than any cake scents that I've ever had...it smells pretty true to it's name and it is an excellent mixer, at least in my opinion it is :)

To others, it may smell like a cupcake or more cake like, but I think it smells more like batter. It is almost hard to describe...I only used it once on it's own, I love that one in blends more than anything !

Thanks ! So hard to decide :( 

• Like 1

I saw some lemon-lovers here and I found that Sugared Lemon from FC is fantastic. I used it in wax melts with Ecosoya Advanced (notorious for poor throw, I just learned) and it just won't quit! Another winner was their Tobacco Pipe. If you had an old man in your life who smoked that cherry pipe tobacco, this is the one. Totally authentic. Oddly enough, I like they way those two smell together. It may just be me, I know. I also like the blend of RE Lilacs and Lilies (holy cold throw!!!) with FC Fresh Cut Grass. It gives it a garden-y aroma. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, glasllyn said:

I saw some lemon-lovers here and I found that Sugared Lemon from FC is fantastic. I used it in wax melts with Ecosoya Advanced (notorious for poor throw, I just learned) and it just won't quit! Another winner was their Tobacco Pipe. If you had an old man in your life who smoked that cherry pipe tobacco, this is the one. Totally authentic. Oddly enough, I like they way those two smell together. It may just be me, I know. I also like the blend of RE Lilacs and Lilies (holy cold throw!!!) with FC Fresh Cut Grass. It gives it a garden-y aroma. 

You come up with some wonderful sounding blends - very creative, I like that :) Do you actually smell the sugar, its a nice 

sweet scent then ? Could it pass for lemonade ?

Edited by Moonstar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, glasllyn said:

Sugared Lemon sounds fantastic omg, I will order that soon !! And cherry tobacco is a scent that my dad has requested for ages, but I couldn't find anything true to it !

So those recs are awesome, thank you so much !! I hope that this isn't a completely stupid question but what is FC ? I mean, I get that it's a supplier, lol but I can't put together which one

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moonstar said:

You come up with some wonderful sounding blends - very creative, I like that :) Do you actually smell the sugar, its a nice 

sweet scent then ? Could it pass for lemonade ?

Thanks! I love playing with blends!

I'd describe it more as lemon drops. It's definitely a sugary lemon rather than a very tart lemon or lemonade. Absolutely no floor cleaner or Pledge!

1 hour ago, WaxingPoetic said:

Sugared Lemon sounds fantastic omg, I will order that soon !! And cherry tobacco is a scent that my dad has requested for ages, but I couldn't find anything true to it !

So those recs are awesome, thank you so much !! I hope that this isn't a completely stupid question but what is FC ? I mean, I get that it's a supplier, lol but I can't put together which one

FC= Flaming Candle: https://www.theflamingcandle.com/

I suppose it's really TFC. Sorry for the confusion!

I couldn't find a match, either, until I bought that one. It brings back memories and I love it. I also bought one from WSP,  and OOB it wasn't a match. However, I haven't tried it in a product, so I'm not writing it off. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, glasllyn said:

Thanks! I love playing with blends!

I'd describe it more as lemon drops. It's definitely a sugary lemon rather than a very tart lemon or lemonade. Absolutely no floor cleaner or Pledge!

FC= Flaming Candle: https://www.theflamingcandle.com/

I suppose it's really TFC. Sorry for the confusion!

I couldn't find a match, either, until I bought that one. It brings back memories and I love it. I also bought one from WSP,  and OOB it wasn't a match. However, I haven't tried it in a product, so I'm not writing it off. 

Ahhh, okay, that was a duh moment on my part, I should have put that together ! I started ordering from them but only wicks and wax so far, I love everything so far so I will add those to my list on the next order, thanks !!

• Like 1

I have been happy with every FO from them, which is pretty impressive. Their Kentucky Bourbon is very much a deep vanilla. It doesn't smell like bourbon at all, which was disappointing until I used it in other things.  Mixed with their French Vanilla, it becomes a butterscotch-y. It's very warm. Their Egyptian Musk is sooooo soft. Caramel Tobacco is awesome, too. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, glasllyn said:

I have been happy with every FO from them, which is pretty impressive. Their Kentucky Bourbon is very much a deep vanilla. It doesn't smell like bourbon at all, which was disappointing until I used it in other things.  Mixed with their French Vanilla, it becomes a butterscotch-y. It's very warm. Their Egyptian Musk is sooooo soft. Caramel Tobacco is awesome, too. 

Those blends sound awesome, you really cone up with some cool, unique blends ! I will definitely be trying their oils, someone recommended their Sweet Strawberry on another thread, so I will add those to it. 

Definitely looking forward to trying their oils !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glasllyn said:

So soft in a good way or disappointing way ? I've never 

tried any caramel tobacco, is it 

a masculine scent ? I didn't care 

much for the Kentucky bourbon either but liked the bourbon soaked raisin that Trappeur 

suggested. Interesting how the bourbon mixed with French vanilla was butterscotch - what ratios ?

• Like 1

Yes, soft in a good way.

Carmel Tobacco is not anything like tobacco. I've also gotten it from NG, but I'm not a big fan of their stuff. It's another warm scent that would be a good mixer. If I had it in front of me I'd describe it for you. It's not cigar or anything. I don't like that scent. It's also not "men's cologne." I'll get back to you on it when I bring it out.

50/50 ratio

• Like 1

I LOVE Flaming Candle. They are quickly becoming one of my favorite suppliers. I haven't made up my mind how I feel about the Tobacco Caramel. I am looking to replicate a candle I got from Terrain called "Tobacco Bark", which is more woodsy/earthy whereas the Tobacco Caramel is more sweet OOB. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears!

Some of the other FO's I got from TFC are:

Tarocco Orange--smells sharp and tart. Just what I've been looking for

Raw Sugar Mandarin--a sweeter orange--really nice

Chamomile--nice. clean, floral, herbal

Coconut Caramel--super yummy!!! I smell both the caramel and the coconut. I hope they both flourish in wax

Coconut Creme--a great coconut vanilla blend

Cedar and Saffron-- love this! Unique, great blend

Lavender--this was the free sample-- smells like lavender. I can't stand lavender

Fresh Outdoors--very clean and green

Rosemary Mint--I can smell both the rosemary and the mint. Nice

Does anyone use any of these oils regularly? Does anyone have any favorites from TFC?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sandy511 said:

I LOVE Flaming Candle. They are quickly becoming one of my favorite suppliers. I haven't made up my mind how I feel about the Tobacco Caramel. I am looking to replicate a candle I got from Terrain called "Tobacco Bark", which is more woodsy/earthy whereas the Tobacco Caramel is more sweet OOB. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears!

Some of the other FO's I got from TFC are:

Tarocco Orange--smells sharp and tart. Just what I've been looking for

Raw Sugar Mandarin--a sweeter orange--really nice

Chamomile--nice. clean, floral, herbal

Coconut Caramel--super yummy!!! I smell both the caramel and the coconut. I hope they both flourish in wax

Coconut Creme--a great coconut vanilla blend

Cedar and Saffron-- love this! Unique, great blend

Lavender--this was the free sample-- smells like lavender. I can't stand lavender

Fresh Outdoors--very clean and green

Rosemary Mint--I can smell both the rosemary and the mint. Nice

Does anyone use any of these oils regularly? Does anyone have any favorites from TFC?

Now adding Coconut Creme to my list....you guys are killing everyone !! Lol but keep the suggestions coming anyway ;) ?

• Like 1