New Soaps

These are on the curing racks now. I love the colors. Will use them again, but with a different type of swirl. I always think I'm going to LOVE this swirl and then when I'm cut I'm always like "meh" LOL it's not bad. It looks exactly how it should, which is always nice. :)

Feather Swirl Fruit Loop Soap.jpg

• Like 6

Yes, feather swirl. I've only done this technique a couple times before, and loved it but did it without dividers and it ended up crooked, but this one I had dividers and it still went a tiny bit crooked, but not bad. 

I didn't know there was such a thing as a feather swirl to put on the top!! LOL I swirled it one way, and thought it needed something extra, so swirled it the opposite way, and this was the end result. 

Yes these are mad oils micas. The blue is Peacock, and the brown is a mix of brown oxide and man on a hot tin roof.

The scent does not match it but I wanted to use something I knew wouldn't accelerate, and used Fruit Loops. It morphed for some reason (has never morphed before) and it smells almost like buttered popcorn. I'm hoping it cures out and back to fruit loops. LOL  

Thank you all. I do like it... 

Edited by Jcandleattic
  • Like 2

Well I think it came out lovely no matter what you think. Yes I have seen the feather swirl done on the top of the soap as well as the inside the soap and it looks totally awesome! But its been so long since I saw the YouTube vid not sure where to find it. If I do I will post a link.

17 minutes ago, Candybee said:

Well I think it came out lovely no matter what you think. Yes I have seen the feather swirl done on the top of the soap as well as the inside the soap and it looks totally awesome! But its been so long since I saw the YouTube vid not sure where to find it. If I do I will post a link.

Yes please do. I've seen the mantra swirl on top, and a peacock swirl, but never a feather swirl on top...