2017 Soap of the Month Sign Up

Candybee

16 hours ago, Candybee said:

Tell us what kind of soap you make or what your favorite soap to make is and I'm sure we can figure out what you could do. :)

I do cold process and m&p and I have an obsession with layers when it comes to soaps haha. I also tend to use colorants to invoke the mood of the scents I use. 

Plus, I use oatmilk in all of my lye solutions. 

6 hours ago, nadiadee said:

I do cold process and m&p and I have an obsession with layers when it comes to soaps haha. I also tend to use colorants to invoke the mood of the scents I use. 

Sounds like neat ideas for quick tutorials. :)

6 hours ago, nadiadee said:

Sounds great. Want to try a tut on layers? either CP or M&P?

Actually, that doesn't sound half as bad! So it'll definitely be a technique tut vs a recipe tut. I think I'll do CP with layers :)

Thanks for the ideas guys! I definitely made the right decision in joining this forum :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2017 at 10:53 AM, nadiadee said:

Actually, that doesn't sound half as bad! So it'll definitely be a technique tut vs a recipe tut. I think I'll do CP with layers :)

Thanks for the ideas guys! I definitely made the right decision in joining this forum :)

So what month would you like to sign up for so I can write you in?

On 3/18/2017 at 0:23 AM, Candybee said:

So what month would you like to sign up for so I can write you in?

Oh lordy! Things have been crazy with my full time job, a transition underway and everything. I am even running out of space to cure my soaps! I am so sorry that I missed this reply. I think May will be the perfect month for me. Question though, do we post it early of the month or end of the month? 

I am also hoping that I will find a fragrance oil that won't seize on me by then, otherwise it will be an essential oil soap. :D 

So, yes. May

• Like 1

The spots that are still open for this year are: July through December.

Thank you for volunteering! You can pick any of those months. Just let me know and I will pencil you in.

You may use the tutorial workshop area if you like to flesh out your tut. PM Talltayl to ask for access. You just want to have it ready in the workshop area before the end of month prior to the month you signed up for so it will be ready to transfer on the 1st of your month. Hope that helps.

If you have any more questions just ask. I think an EO scented soap would be wonderful! But its your choice how you want to scent or not to scent.

Edited by Candybee

Goodness, thank Goodness!  I thought I picked April!!!  I am so glad I picked May! LOL.  I did a soap over the weekend thinking I had April.  

Well, seems the soap fairies visited me again and it was a total disaster! Was planning a technique pour, but it turned into a hot mess

and a spoon and plop and glob into the mold.  I think I was soaping way too cool....my batter thickened up to mash potatoes before I even

added fragrance or my colors!  Anyway....I panicked today thinking I need to get something done by tomorrow latest so it's ready for April!

On a positive note, that glop and plop didn't turn out too bad looking on the inside. The top is fugly

20170325_220948.thumb.jpg.6fcfc138b69c6e4832cb1d9f95d5e7df.jpg

20170325_221408.thumb.jpg.08caa2c79ee6d762d8994f88ef0a6a78.jpg

20170327_170149.thumb.jpg.5c1a88c7b5af8a09399075493542ef1d.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Looks like we need volunteers for July on. 

I am open to changing it to a "Recipe of the month" if it makes sense. 

I'd I'd like to redesign the classroom area to make it simpler to find recipes and tips. Opening the topics might make the project work like I see it in my head.

• Like 1

I would love to see it open to more types of recipes! If it was open to more recipes I think we would have more volunteers. I know I would love to see some B&B recipes!

Can't wait to see what you have in mind for updating the classroom area.

3 hours ago, Candybee said:

Anyone interested in signing up for a soap tut? We need volunteers for July thru December for this year.

It can be anything at all, I think. Soap. Candles. Bath & Body. Melts. Fizies/bubblies...Time to change the title to Tutorial of the Month! I'm looking forward to learning loads of new things.

• Like 1

• Candybee unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • Candybee pinned this topic