Bubble Scoops

Jcandleattic

These smell so good, and are very bubbly!!  I washed up right away, and an hour later took the pic of the bubbles still in the sink. I tweaked my recipe, used less glycerin, and these held their shape better than my last ones, but was almost unscoopable by the time I got to the last one. Scented Tutti Fruiti from Candles and Supplies. I love this scent. VERY fruity...

Tutti Fruiti Bubble Scoops.jpg

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

These look great and I love that name, tutti fruity lol ! Hoping you'll post the new tweaked recipe :/ fingers crossed. 

Did I post the last recipe? This one is the same with only half the glycerin. 

I'll post it in a few. It's downstairs and I'm feeling lazy and don't want to get up off my duff right at the moment. LOL 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

I thought you did or maybe Im confused and am thinking about TT's recipe for her Bath bombs lol ! Im having a senior moment and Im not even a senior yet lol ! 

LOL Well, either way, I'll post it when I go down and get it. Soon, because I have to finish up my laundry... 

• Like 1

Okay, here it is. So simple! 

12oz Baking Soda

4oz SLSA

2.5oz CoT (Cream of Tartar) 

1.25oz Vegetable Glycerin

2.5oz Cocoa Betaine

.25oz Fragrance (I use FO not EO, always take usage rates into consideration) 

Sift all dry ingredients into a metal bowl. 

Mix all liquids then pour into dry mixture. 

Mix until well combined. If mix is too sticky, add small amounts of baking soda until correct consistency. If too dry, add small amounts of glycerin until the right consistency... 

I found this amount of each ingredients was just perfect. You have to work a little fast because by the end I had noticed it was starting to set a bit and wasn't as easy to scoop, however, little over 2.5 hours later and they are solid enough to package. 

They do crumble fairly easy when squeezing hard, but that is what they are supposed to do when running under the bath water. 

Because of the glycerin, after I was cleaning the utensils, my hands were uber soft!! And they hold their scent perfectly. When I went down to switch out my laundry my entire basement smelled all Tutti Fruiti!! LOL 

• Like 8

So slippery tub or no? I know make a batch and figure it out right? 

It  surprises me to have foaming agents, but perhaps CB makes it a bit more reliable? What shocks me is no citric. 
Now what I'm trying to come up with is the COT replacement ... sigh. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scented said:

So slippery tub or no? I know make a batch and figure it out right? 

It  surprises me to have foaming agents, but perhaps CB makes it a bit more reliable? What shocks me is no citric. 
Now what I'm trying to come up with is the COT replacement ... sigh. 

The ones that I made with double the glycerin as this one did not leave the tub slippery. 

The COT could be a replacement. I just assumed it was to make it harder quicker. 

It felt so good after the cleanup. Felt like I put nice lotion on, even though all I did was dry my hands... 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Scented said:

COT could very well make it harder. I've not really used it enough to know, but I know it wasn't kind to my pocketbook lol! 

No, it's a bit spendy, but I also use it in my bath fizzies, so I had it laying around. :) 

• Like 1

Oh those look so pretty and good enough to eat! LIke little scoops of ice cream! i bet the tutti frutti smells good. You are so good at picking out fruity scents!

I really need to try making some one of these days! But I honestly never take a bath anymore. Just showers. My hot water doesn't last long enough to fill the tub. Sigh...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Candybee said:

Oh those look so pretty and good enough to eat! LIke little scoops of ice cream! i bet the tutti frutti smells good. You are so good at picking out fruity scents!

I really need to try making some one of these days! But I honestly never take a bath anymore. Just showers. My hot water doesn't last long enough to fill the tub. Sigh...

I don't take baths. I never really did. I don't know, some people say it's like a phobia type thing (which I don't really agree with, I'm not scared, I just find it a bit - umm, not for me) So, my daughter and granddaughter get to be my human testers after I test in an empty tub. LOL 

I think I'm decent a picking fruity scents because those are my favorite type of scent...:) I've used this scent in CP with a M&P drop swirl, and it held it's scent so well! (I also sold out of that soap the first time I offered it!) 

Candles and Supplies scents are so under-rated and I don't know why. Every one I've used, has been great in my candles AND soap... 

• Like 1

I still use C&S scents and have some that are must haves for Christmas. I used to use them a lot more back when I did M&P soaps. So I don't have a lot of experience using them for CP. I mostly shop FOs for use in CP. I need to pick your brain for your favorite C&S scents for CP!

Most are fruity - but I like all these in CP

Tutti Fruity

Zombie Punch

Raspberry Lemonade

Pink Lemonade 

Carribean Snow (I think that's what it was called) 

I know there are more but these are the ones off the top of my head that I have used in soap. 

JCA - I wish I would have seen your post two days ago - just placed an order.  I too am a fruity kinda gal :) The orange bowls C&S advertised looked so cute and so I decided to try a few with the fixin's to make the fruit bowl- and just for now the fruit embeds, the gel wax and the fruit slices FO to test.  

...  I am sure there is a more cost effective way to make these like making your own embeds for example with the high melt point wax 4641- not currently interested in purchasing molds or this type of wax to do this so just ordered the pre-made embeds.  I know I will personally enjoy them :) ... If anyone has some advice for me on this I would welcome it.  And if they turn out well I will post my pix first time using gel.