Galaxy soap cut

Jcandleattic

6 minutes ago, KrazeKelly said:

What's wrong with it?? Lol 

Eh, I would have liked it darker black, more sparkly, less blue and purple. And the "moon" to be whiter. 

But it really does smell good. I do love the scent and will probably do this one again... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PhoenixFyre said:

Are you kidding? It looks great! I love the swirly planet surrounded by the solid colors. It's fabulous! If you're unhappy with it, just send them my way. I'll put 'em to good use! :D

The 'planet' is supposed to be a moon. LOL 

But thank you. I do appreciate the kind words. They smell really good.... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PhoenixFyre said:

Planet, moon...still beautiful! Actually, I remember now you saying it was going to be a moon, lol. My bad. I'll go to the corner now with my dunce cap. Ha!

LOL No, no worries. I'm just a little disappointed. Don't mind me. LOL 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KrazeKelly said:

Super Sparkly Mica from Nuture Soap will give you the sparkles inside like you want. I think they look good. I love the moon ?

Thanks! The blue is from Nurture, can't remember where the black is from but it's a mix of black oxide, black sparkle mica and activated charcoal. I wanted it super black, and that combo usually does the trick... I know what I did wrong, so if I end up making it again, I know how to adjust it. :)

I made a similar soap this weekend too. I used Klein Blue and Grape Pop (I think) and activated charcoal with the super sparkly mica added. It's hard to see in the picture but the super sparkly mica works well. And there's weird white outlines around my color that I don't have a clue why they are there. The fragrance discolors dark and I didn't put FO in the colors so hopefully they don't get ate up by the discoloration. IMG_5662.JPG

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KrazeKelly said:

I made a similar soap this weekend too. I used Klein Blue and Grape Pop (I think) and activated charcoal with the super sparkly mica added. It's hard to see in the picture but the super sparkly mica works well. And there's weird white outlines around my color that I don't have a clue why they are there. The fragrance discolors dark and I didn't put FO in the colors so hopefully they don't get ate up by the discoloration. 

I LOVE that!! That little bit of color is what I was going for, but got heavy handed. 

The Dragon's blood in mine discolors, but I used a VS, so that will help hold it at bay. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jcandleattic said:

I LOVE that!! That little bit of color is what I was going for, but got heavy handed. 

The Dragon's blood in mine discolors, but I used a VS, so that will help hold it at bay. 

I do the same thing! I am bad about pouring to quickly and too heavy. I've been trying to slow down and pour thinner to get wispy swirls. This one worked pretty well. Thanks!! 

9 minutes ago, KrazeKelly said:

I do the same thing! I am bad about pouring to quickly and too heavy. I've been trying to slow down and pour thinner to get wispy swirls. This one worked pretty well. Thanks!! 

Yeah, I just mixed too much for the thin little bits, but next time :D 

13 hours ago, iansmommaya said:

Lady. You are being FAR too critical of your self and your work. The soap is incredible.

Thank you! 

After a good night's sleep I went back and looked at them, trying not to be critical and losing my expectations, and I like them much better this morning than I did last night... :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

It's a skinny 6" long, 1" diameter plastic tube - thank you! 

So now I get to ask ... from where? LOL! See I have these plastic like tubes somewhere from I can't remember where, but the bottom line is how to get them out. I so miss when I was smarter than I am. The price of having to step away for too long. 

• Like 1

Well, I got it a LONG time ago. I believe I got them from a place called Nova Soap Studio - there was a whole set of them. 2 circles, 2 rectangles, a heart, 2 flower type, and a butterfly. All that yellow hard plastic, all 6" long. Let me see if I can find a pic of them. 

Bleh can't find the pic... I have it it'll just take research.. 

To get the soap out (I used M&P for this) I just let it set enough to move, then put it in the freezer for about a half hour and it slid right out...