ehatch1

Hello everyone,

Lately I have been working on creating new labels for my little 4 oz. quilted jelly jar candles, and thought I would share some of my product photos.  The whole process has been a lot of fun and I am quite happy with the way they have turned out.  The labels are printed on an adhesive-backed canvas. :) 

IMG_9787.jpg

IMG_9868.jpg

LemonTea 1.jpg

WarmPipeTobacco 1.jpg

• Like 9

Clear Black - I found the canvas at Hobby Lobby, although it is also available on Amazon and a few other other places online.  Five sheets for $10, and I can get 12 labels on each sheet, so there's 60 labels at about $0.17 each.  May be a bit more than other labels, but worth it to get the look I wanted.

Kandlekrazy - Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all!  Moonstar, the FO is Iced Tea Twist from WSP; I just renamed it.  I absolutely love the fragrance.  I use GB 444 wax and currently CSN wicks, although I am testing ECO wicks and if they work out well would like to switch over to those.   I have some CD wick to test as well.  The CSNs are working just fine, but I like the look of the ECOs and CDs and they seem to mushroom a bit less.

Once I have a little more money

to play with I'm gonna order the 

WSP iced tea twist. I've always 

wanted to try it. What I'm not 

liking about the CD wicks is that

theyve been leaving quite a bit of 

wax hangup on my jars & they 

get so darn hot. I have lots of 

ECO wicks so I should test those 

in my 464. Again, amazing job 

on the labels ??

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jbradshaw said:

Those labels are gorgeous! Is that your handwriting for the scents? It looks so nice and I love the feel it gives the packaging. I'm going to have to try out the Iced Tea Twist - that sounds nice and summery. 

Thank you!  The labels are printed out using my inkjet printer; the scent names are printed using a handwritten font I found online.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ehatch1 said:

Thank you!  The labels are printed out using my inkjet printer; the scent names are printed using a handwritten font I found online.

I was about to be soooo jealous of your handwriting.  I just love what you did - so natural, definitely packaging that would attract me in a store. 

With the Ice Tea Twist (WSP) being $40 lb do you find its cost effective using it ? Are any of the other FO's you have displayed WSP ? I have CS lavender 

but Ive been wanting to try WSP Lavender Sage. DO you have any experience with that one or other WSP FO's ? Thank you in advance :) 

I keep coming back to look at your labels - they are so - so nice :) Great job !

Edited by Moonstar

Thanks @Candybee:)

@Moonstar The Iced Tea Twist certainly is pricey, but like the labels, it's worth it to me.  I make less of a profit using the more expensive oils, but it's a profit nonetheless.  I have also tried Gardenia from WSP and it is the best one I have found.  My mother asked me to make a gardenia candle for her (she is picky) and she loves it.  The lavender sage sounds awesome; haven't tried it though, as I use the CS lavender.  I appreciate all the supportive comments!  Thank you very much!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/29/2017 at 6:18 PM, ehatch1 said:

Thank you all!  Moonstar, the FO is Iced Tea Twist from WSP; I just renamed it.  I absolutely love the fragrance.  I use GB 444 wax and currently CSN wicks, although I am testing ECO wicks and if they work out well would like to switch over to those.   I have some CD wick to test as well.  The CSNs are working just fine, but I like the look of the ECOs and CDs and they seem to mushroom a bit less.

Well, I finally ordered the Iced Tea Twist from WSP - Oh I just love it and regret not buying a bigger bottle :( Thanks for recommending it, its fantastic ! 

Now I need to work on some product labels. Any suggestions on a company thats user friendly, Im not super savy with this kind of stuff :( 

3 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Well, I finally ordered the Iced Tea Twist from WSP - Oh I just love it and regret not buying a bigger bottle :( Thanks for recommending it, its fantastic ! 

Now I need to work on some product labels. Any suggestions on a company thats user friendly, Im not super savy with this kind of stuff :( 

Glad you like it!  I can't give any recommendations on labels, as I print my own, but I know many people who purchase theirs will probably chime in! :)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...