Today's adventure

KrazeKelly

Several batches made today. I've been making 10lb batches and splitting them lately. So today I made 10lbs of Tuca Tuca which is a *ush dupe from Nuture Soap. It moves pretty quick. I didn't scent the color portion because it's supposed to discolor dark so I colored the scented part black. Smells really good. Then I did a 10lb rebatch of 50 Shades remake. Then I split a batch and made 1 Plumeria and 1 Pineapple Mango. There is oil on top of the Pineapple Mango ? Most likely put it in the crockpot tomorrow, bummer. Then 10lbs of Lilac. One log mold and 1 slab with piping. Hope it sticks!! It's a wonderful lilac. Pooped now. Gonna sit on my butt for a while. ?

IMG_5593.JPG

IMG_5595.JPG

IMG_5609.JPG

IMG_5605.JPG

IMG_5620.JPG

• Like 7

YEEEEEE HAW!!!! Kelly done got her crazy back on! 40 lbs. o'soap in a day! 

Oh, it's GOOD to have you back Kelly! :)

What are you using as a liner up in that top batch there with the black and purple? 

Sponiebr: The (we know... WE KNOW...) 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sponiebr said:

YEEEEEE HAW!!!! Kelly done got her crazy back on! 40 lbs. o'soap in a day! 

Oh, it's GOOD to have you back Kelly! :)

What are you using as a liner up in that top batch there with the black and purple? 

Sponiebr: The (we know... WE KNOW...) 

Ha! Thank you! I use the 5lb silicone liners from Brambleberry. The newest ones I bought from them have much thicker sides. The bottom is still thin though. I still like the thin ones better. 

• Like 1

Your piping skills are amazing!! I love your piped soaps. 

I thought I was doing good getting 50lbs of masterbatch done, you actually got close to that in actual soap made!! So inspiring!! 

I think I'll have a soap marathon day one day this week... Thanks for the inspiration... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

Your piping skills are amazing!! I love your piped soaps. 

I thought I was doing good getting 50lbs of masterbatch done, you actually got close to that in actual soap made!! So inspiring!! 

I think I'll have a soap marathon day one day this week... Thanks for the inspiration... 

Thanks!! ? The piping tips kept getting clogged because the Lilac did rice a little so I had to change tips a few times. I think that's the most soap I've made in one day so far. One day I'll have to try master batching like you. That would save so much time! It took about 6 hrs plus 1 1/2hrs the night before just to get my kitchen set up. One day I'll have my own soaping room and can't wait!! 

The most I've made in one day is 12 loaves, but I make small loaves, so it was actually only about 24lbs. That was before I masterbatched though, and it took me ALL DAY (about 18 hours actually) I've never made that much in one day since. 

This week, I may try to do 15 batches of 3lbs each. We'll see... I may even try piping some leaves... :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jcandleattic said:

The most I've made in one day is 12 loaves, but I make small loaves, so it was actually only about 24lbs. That was before I masterbatched though, and it took me ALL DAY (about 18 hours actually) I've never made that much in one day since. 

This week, I may try to do 15 batches of 3lbs each. We'll see... I may even try piping some leaves... :D

Yes!!!! Leaves are so easy!! You can do it!! ?

Here are the cuts plus the Lilac loaf I didn't post yesterday. I had to trim it first. ? The oily Pineapple Mango I think will be spongy. Has to be the fragrance since the other half of the batch was used to make Plumeria and nothing is wrong with it. ? But it has pretty swirls so I'm gonna let it cure and see how it turns out. I will unmold the other Lilac tonight. ? I also have TD spots on some!! ? No matter what I do. I tried water and oil types and both do this. I put oil and TD in a bottle and shake the crap outta it! So frustrating!! 

IMG_5632.JPG

IMG_5639.JPG

IMG_5648.JPG

IMG_5649.JPG

IMG_5662.JPG

IMG_5671.JPG

IMG_5679.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scented said:

The top one ... lilac yes? Is stunningly gorgeous. They all are, but this one is my fav.

Thank you! The all purple one is Plumeria and the one with the lace top is Lilac. Pretty disappointed in the Plumeria as I can't smell it very well right now. I'm hoping it improves with cure. The Lilac smells fantastic!! I love it! ❤

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KrazeKelly said:

Thank you! The all purple one is Plumeria and the one with the lace top is Lilac. Pretty disappointed in the Plumeria as I can't smell it very well right now. I'm hoping it improves with cure. The Lilac smells fantastic!! I love it! ❤

I always found Plumeria to be a light scent. Hopefully it will come back for you... 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

I always found Plumeria to be a light scent. Hopefully it will come back for you... 

Oh... Try spilling 1 ounce and then smearing it around with bare hands and a paper towel in a closed up room with no fresh air... I'm STILL hack'n up plooo'meria 2 months later...

@KrazeKelly y'know... I MAY have a spot opening up here really soon for a replacement muse... I'm just say'n... 

As far as TD spots. This is a problem with oxides in general. I have had it suggested to use a small coin sized ziplock plastic baggie and to put my oxide and oil in there and then knead and squish the mix until thoroughly blended. Then to just snip off a corner and pipe out what I needed.  I'll be doing this in my next batch. 

• Like 1