464/4627 para-soy blend. Anyone do this?

• 2 years later...

Sorry for the late reply, I just found this forum recently :D I have been using 70% 464 with 30% 4627 and so far I like it.  In a 8oz straight sided jar I am down to a cd10 and an htp83 wick. I think the htp is the one that works the best so far. Both wick burn to the edge of jar in a 2 hr burn may have to go down a size for 3hr but the cd runs hotter with  about a 1/2" deep mp and the htp i get about 1/4" deep. I started with the 464 but for the life of me don't understand why people like soy so much. Sometimes looks great but once I  get some frosting and use a heat gun it it looks worse, but then again I am not as experienced as most of you. Add a little 4627 and completely different beast. Very smooth tops and coloring is improved. Better HT than just 464 by itself.  I am going to switch to 444 because of temps we get here in summer and temp wise seems a better match and yes still gonna mix it with 4627. Would love to hear your results if you are still using it. I also love just the 4627 by itself much better, but with all the soy people that were brain washed into thinking paraffin is going to kill you I make both.