Lotion Bar Help Please !

Moonstar

So I had this brain storm idea that Id make lotion bars for some gifts for my sons school . I used a recipe from a book called Beeswax Alchemy and I don't know 

it seems a bit soft + greasy. Can someone please take a look at the recipe and tell me what you think, please. Im not good at converting % to weight, ok, I suck

at it lol ! Thanks for looking. Oh, Im poring them in milky way round bee molds + placing in 2 oz tins... heres the exact recipe in the book.

Also would adding a touch of cornstarch help at all in terms of greasiness - thank you again :) 

yellow beeswax - 27 g  / 30.20% ( i used local beeswax from my farmers market ) 

virgin Coconut oil - 6g  / 6.90%

sweet almond oil - 12g  / 13.8% ( I used apricot oil here) 

jojoba 12g  / 13.80% ( I used meadow foam + argan) thats what I have at hand.

shea butter /  10g  / 10.50% (Refined)

cocoa butter 12g  / 10.50%

mango butter 5g  / 5.30% 

Vit E 0.1 g

Im using lavender EO 

Edited by Moonstar

21 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

That was written by a good friend of mine :)

those % don't seem to add up to 100 when I add in my head quickly. 

How long have you let them set up? It typically takes about 3 days before you know the final consistency of your lotion bars.

Omg your kidding me - a good friend of yours ? The book is fabulous & the photos are so pretty. That's why I ultimately bought the book plus there's a nice assortment of recipes. 

The only % I left out was FO &

it suggests Rosemary Oleoresin

i made them less than 6 hrs ago

so to you it doesn't seem like there's too much oils/ butters vs 

beeswax ? If you don't have the book you should get it, it really is nice :) 

Ok , Ill let them sit and try them out again tomorrow - thank you :) Im still learning on converting % to weight - as an for instance what would 

your % of 33-33-33- convert to. Sorry for being such a pain :( I think I might try less shea since to me it seems the most greasy out of the butters.

Im wondering why the recipe is only totaling 84 g - Could it be an error in printing the recipe in the book ? 

• 3 weeks later...

So Im trying the lotion bar again tonight  as its not been firming up for about 2 weeks. Its somewhat firmer but I notice it has a bit of a sticky feel

Im assuming its from the beeswax ? I used the beeswax from the farmers market I bought over the fall. It smells of honey big time and I don't think 

she processes it very much so it might be her beeswax IDK ? Is there an other wax I can use and cut down on the beeswax some ? Im wondering if 

I order beeswax pellets from NG if Id have better results ?