Bubble Scoops

Jcandleattic

Man these were easy to make, and I bet if I tried to pipe them, they would pipe great too. Just waiting now for them to harden for me to test them. I do think I need a smaller ice cream scoop though. That'll be on my list of things to get after the holidays. 

This small batch only made 6 scoops but I love them. Took me about 10 minutes to make them. 

They are scented in a pear scent so I'm going to call them Pear Sherbet. :)

Bubble Scoops.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

So these are like making bath bombs ? They look good enough to eat ! You are so talented :) 

So so so much easier than making bath bombs. These literally took me 10 minutes from walking down into my basement to walking back upstairs after cleaning up the bowls and utensils I used. 

IF these work out the way I want, I will share the recipe. These are just a test though... 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

So so so much easier than making bath bombs. These literally took me 10 minutes from walking down into my basement to walking back upstairs after cleaning up the bowls and utensils I used. 

IF these work out the way I want, I will share the recipe. These are just a test though... 

YAY !!!!  You had me at so so so much easier lol ! Can hardly wait :) 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, justajesuschick said:

Those are awesome!

SURE hope that you have a presence on Instagram and Facebook. If so, you'll sell those as quickly as you made them. Bath and Body products are HOT! So many Lush Cosmetics addicts now preferring indie makers.

Thanks, I am on both Instagram and Facebook for my business. Can't say as I've ever gotten orders that way, but I don't really use either as marketing tools because until I make this my full time job, I just don't have time to market. Marketing alone can be a full time job... LOL 

13 hours ago, Terry said:

Those are cool !

Hope the experiment is a success - and yes, please do share if they are :) 

Thank you. I will. So easy, and the recipe was free to me, so I might as well share too. I have to find who the original author of the recipe was to give them credit as well.. 

1 hour ago, Jcandleattic said:

Thanks, I am on both Instagram and Facebook for my business. Can't say as I've ever gotten orders that way, but I don't really use either as marketing tools because until I make this my full time job, I just don't have time to market. Marketing alone can be a full time job... LOL 

Isn't that the truth! I have a full time career and now my wax business is not part-time but a 2nd full time job! 

Well, I hope your testing goes well because those are adorable! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

That would be a great project with kids, so yes, please share if you like them. 

You would probably have to make sure they have masks. This recipe of mine calls for SLSA and that stuff even at a tsp usually has me choking if I'm not wearing one. My granddaughter lost interest when I had her put on her apron, goggles, mask and gloves. She got perturbed because it's "not soap grandma!" LOL 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, justajesuschick said:

Isn't that the truth! I have a full time career and now my wax business is not part-time but a 2nd full time job! 

Well, I hope your testing goes well because those are adorable! 

I'll let y'all know how the testing goes. I'm off work from Wed thru Tues of next week for the holiday to play, so I'll be able to do some experimenting then. 

• Like 1

They bubble like crazy, and because of the glycerin, the water is incredibly soft. However, because of the glycerin, the scoops are very soft and easily crumble. Yes, they are basically bubble bars, in the shape of a scoop. I need to tweak my recipe though, because even though they do hold their shape, and are solid, they are not hard. You can squeeze them and they will crumble. However, the bubbles are insane and last up to about an hour and a half with nobody in the tub agitating the water. Not sure how long with someone in there actually bathing. The next test will be with my granddaughter so I know if i need to just adjust the glycerin, or if I need to adjust the bubble agents as well... 

those look like a real scoop of ice cream..

i really like your colors.

question? do you have trouble with your colors fading over time?

I do..when i first make my bath bombs the colors will be so pretty and vibrant, but within a month they

really start to fade..

I am using top quality of micas..

is there a better colorant for bath bombs?

3 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

They bubble like crazy, and because of the glycerin, the water is incredibly soft. However, because of the glycerin, the scoops are very soft and easily crumble. Yes, they are basically bubble bars, in the shape of a scoop. I need to tweak my recipe though, because even though they do hold their shape, and are solid, they are not hard. You can squeeze them and they will crumble. However, the bubbles are insane and last up to about an hour and a half with nobody in the tub agitating the water. Not sure how long with someone in there actually bathing. The next test will be with my granddaughter so I know if i need to just adjust the glycerin, or if I need to adjust the bubble agents as well... 

So you want them a bit harder then? If I remember bubble bars from Lush then they want to crumble right? Glycerin, goodness what a magnet for humidity lol! So when you drained the tub, by chance, was it slick? 

3 hours ago, 8-GRAN-ONES said:

those look like a real scoop of ice cream..

i really like your colors.

question? do you have trouble with your colors fading over time?

I do..when i first make my bath bombs the colors will be so pretty and vibrant, but within a month they

really start to fade..

I am using top quality of micas..

is there a better colorant for bath bombs?

Not that I have noticed, but I've only been making bath bombs for about 6-9 months or so. 

I mostly use Mad Oils micas and some from Peak, and some from Nurture's, but I'd say 90% of them are from MO. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scented said:

So you want them a bit harder then? If I remember bubble bars from Lush then they want to crumble right? Glycerin, goodness what a magnet for humidity lol! So when you drained the tub, by chance, was it slick? 

Yes, I would like mine harder just a bit. Right now you put any pressure on them at all, and they dent/crumble. Any more than a slight squeeze and they are gone. I don't want them brick hard, but a tad bit harder. 

I never thought of the humidity making them soft because of the glycerin, but could be. We have no humidity here really. People think they are going to drown and die (me included) if the humidity ever gets over 20%. LOL At 25% everyone is complaining about how miserable and "muggy" it is. LOL 

As for the tub being slick, no, I didn't notice that. I use poly 80 in these and my bath fizzies so that alleviates a lot of that slickness, as it helps to disperse the oils, colorants, and glycerin into the water. 

Sounds good. I see though that all the bubble bar recipes out there have glycerin, so my guess is it stays! I can't wait to kill myself cleaning up this place so I can make a mess trying this out though! I remember, vaguely, but still remember, the bubble bar phase several years ago. We even had a swap on it. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, sajeda said:

Looks nice and kids will love it. Seems it is like bath bombs

No, it's different than bath bombs. These bubble scoops create long lasting bubbles and are more like a solid bubble batch where as bath bombs create a fizz and even if a bubbling agent is added will dissipate in the water fairly quickly.

Edited by Jcandleattic