Apricot Wax Usage

Omegacandles

I get the APRICOT  WAX  and COCONUT WAX from Accu-blend.. yes they are blends but mostly apricot and coconut. they do have a little soy in them but no paraffin. Thee apricot is APRICOT-74 and the coconut is COCONUT-83.   I add to them and they perform outstandingly.. I mix the 2 waxes together...  They are great on their own, but I have found that they are much easier to wick with the addition of palm, beeswax or soy modifier.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 11/3/2017 at 2:25 PM, PINKT said:

I get the APRICOT  WAX  and COCONUT WAX from Accu-blend.. yes they are blends but mostly apricot and coconut. they do have a little soy in them but no paraffin. Thee apricot is APRICOT-74 and the coconut is COCONUT-83.   I add to them and they perform outstandingly.. I mix the 2 waxes together...  They are great on their own, but I have found that they are much easier to wick with the addition of palm, beeswax or soy modifier.

Can you order online from Accu-Blend and in which quantities?

I get my Coconut-83 wax from California Candle Supply but they don't seem to stock Apricot-74. I'm also keen on trying this since soy wax has gotten worse and worse.

• 3 weeks later...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Apricot 74!  I heat to 210 add scent, stir about 15 sec and pour.. I always get outstanding hot throw! Never have gotten caving or sinking, but if I do, I'll just fix it with my heat gun. I use fragrance oils from everywhere and have never had a bad result.. this wax is amazing!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2018 at 8:54 AM, PINKT said:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Apricot 74!  I heat to 210 add scent, stir about 15 sec and pour.. I always get outstanding hot throw! Never have gotten caving or sinking, but if I do, I'll just fix it with my heat gun. I use fragrance oils from everywhere and have never had a bad result.. this wax is amazing!!

@PINKT is Accublend the only place to purchase this?  I see that candlewic sells an apricot wax but I don't know if it's the same.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2018 at 1:41 PM, PINKT said:

Strugglebrother, you have to call the company directly to order.. You can order one box of 55-60lbs at a time

I tried to call them today to order various products in 60lb quantities but they only want to sell me pallets 2220lb? They don't want to deal with anything less than that?

On 3/20/2018 at 2:15 PM, ComfortandJoy said:

@PINKT is Accublend the only place to purchase this?  I see that candlewic sells an apricot wax but I don't know if it's the same.

If you end up trying that wax from candlewic can you please post 

your results 😊

• Like 1

struggle brother, Accu-blend no longer sells small quantities.. I spoke with the head guy there.. the person who dealt with selling to small businesses is no longer with them.. They only sell pallets and THEY NO LONGER MAKE APRICOT WAX... There were issues with this wax and so they decided to scrap it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PINKT said:

struggle brother, Accu-blend no longer sells small quantities.. I spoke with the head guy there.. the person who dealt with selling to small businesses is no longer with them.. They only sell pallets and THEY NO LONGER MAKE APRICOT WAX... There were issues with this wax and so they decided to scrap it

@PINKT This is the apricot wax you've been using?  If so, bummer! :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/4/2018 at 5:34 AM, PINKT said:

That's disappointing all the way around.   I couldn't make it work without extra efforts, but it stinks for people who could.

• 5 years later...

Reading through all of the comments and contributions to this Apricot / Coconut wax thread.  I have been making soy candles for three years, and what bothers me the most is that folks are Selling these candles with claims of a cleaner burn or that soy candles are part of deforestation, so they are bad for the environment.  I've never seen any proof of these statements, so it's a bit frustrating as I would never disparage another small business or say something I do not know as fact.  Where can I find this information regarding a cleaner burn? Or pesticides being in my soy?  I have read and re-read AAK Golden Wax docs, and there is a process they go through; there is no pesticides left on the soy before it becomes wax flakes, there is no deforestation going on as a result of AAK harvesting in the US,  and in all of the studies I've read, there is not a solid conclusion that Apricot/Coconut burns cleaner, or has less toxins in it.  But, again, I do not want to say something that is not true in any of my marketing or on my site.  So, long story -long... I would love to read docs that show me differently.

Thanks!