TFIF!! (hehe) Anything fun planned??

Jcandleattic

Happy Friday all! Anyone have anything fun planned? 

Since all my shows are done for the season it's time for me to PLAY! :) I will probably make my Bastille soap this weekend and maybe some Valentine and Easter soaps, Need to figure out my tutorial for the January soap(s) and I'm gonna make up some bath bombs using a couple different recipes. See how they compare to mine, and see if I want/need to change anything... 

I'm waiting for some Coco Betaine to come in so I can make some bubble scoops too. I've never used it before, but it is in almost all the decent bubble bars/scoops recipes I've come across. The few recipes I've seen that don't have it, well - they just don't look/feel/work right.. 

Oh I also ran across a pipable bubble frosting that I will make once it comes in as well and see how I like that on BB's. 

And finally I will probably make a few candles at some point this weekend. :)

Anything for y'all? What's up with YOU? 

• Like 1

I love hearing what everyone does and where they go. I vicariously live through others adventures lol ! Having a young adult child with a severe disablity

well, lets just say my life is somewhat bor -ring lol ! So please everyone - post away on all of your fun adventures lol ! J, your bubble scoops sound amazing 

and I have a feeling the other recipes are no match for your bath bombs . I mean yours float - spin + fizz - Im surprised they don't light up too LMAO !!!! 

I saw a recipe for fizzing bath salts can't remember where but I jotted down a few of the ingrediants - Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate  SLSA + cocoa butter

that was ground first in a food processor. There was epson salts - dead sea salt + a milk powder in there too from what I recall ? Im going to try to find the

recipe. Does that sound right to you - using those ingredients ? I wish it was in my notebook that I referenced the above from . 

You really do make a nice assortment of products - from B+B to candles. Can't wait for your tutorial for Jan soaps - I know it will be something spectacular :) 

Well I still have two more weekends of Christmas markets and then a soap demo I am giving at a shop that sells my soap. So tomorrow its back up at the crack dawn to shower and dress and drive out to my next market by 7am. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me that I make some good money. These last shows help me pay my bills during the slow months of Jan/Feb/Mar when the market season is over. Actually, I have one winter market that starts back up in Jan but thats it until around Mar when the season starts all over again.

But my car is packed and I will be doing a market on Sat then one on Sunday too. Then next weekend and then I'm done and can rest for a couple weeks.

Trying to decide if I want to put up a real tree this year. I really need new decorations and lights. Everything is looking shabby. So could use some ideas on where to get tree decor that won't break the bank.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

I love hearing what everyone does and where they go. I vicariously live through others adventures lol ! Having a young adult child with a severe disablity

well, lets just say my life is somewhat bor -ring lol ! So please everyone - post away on all of your fun adventures lol ! J, your bubble scoops sound amazing 

and I have a feeling the other recipes are no match for your bath bombs . I mean yours float - spin + fizz - Im surprised they don't light up too LMAO !!!! 

I saw a recipe for fizzing bath salts can't remember where but I jotted down a few of the ingrediants - Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate  SLSA + cocoa butter

that was ground first in a food processor. There was epson salts - dead sea salt + a milk powder in there too from what I recall ? Im going to try to find the

recipe. Does that sound right to you - using those ingredients ? I wish it was in my notebook that I referenced the above from . 

You really do make a nice assortment of products - from B+B to candles. Can't wait for your tutorial for Jan soaps - I know it will be something spectacular :) 

You are too good for my ego. LOL (thank you!) 

For fizzing bath salts, yes, those ingredients sound about right. I've never made those, but that sounds good, and the slsa will make them bubble as well. 

I made one of the fizzy recipes I ran across but I couldn't help tweaking it, so it's different than the original and the only reason I wanted to try it was because they get rock hard in about 2.5 hours. But from the video I saw they fizz pretty fast, so I put a bit of slsa in there to slow the fizzing a bit. They also call for epsom salts, but I didn't have any so I put very fine ground dead sea salt in there. I have no idea if that will hinder the hardening or not. I'll find out in a couple hours. I made them purple and scented them with cool water and spring rain, and yep, going to call them Purple Rain. I just still cannot get over Prince. :sad2: 

32 minutes ago, Candybee said:

Trying to decide if I want to put up a real tree this year. I really need new decorations and lights. Everything is looking shabby. So could use some ideas on where to get tree decor that won't break the bank.

We got new ones this year too. Got them at Home Depot because we could put them on the card. However, Walmart always seems to have nice, inexpensive trees. That's were I got my last 9' one, and I think it was only $75 but that was about 8 years ago. We got a 9' and a 7.5' foot at HD this year, and I think our total was little less than $200. Both prelit. The 9' only clear lights, 1 setting, but the 7.5 is clear, or colored or blinking colored lights. They are both nice and full and very pretty... 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Candybee said:

Well I still have two more weekends of Christmas markets and then a soap demo I am giving at a shop that sells my soap. So tomorrow its back up at the crack dawn to shower and dress and drive out to my next market by 7am. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me that I make some good money. These last shows help me pay my bills during the slow months of Jan/Feb/Mar when the market season is over. Actually, I have one winter market that starts back up in Jan but thats it until around Mar when the season starts all over again.

But my car is packed and I will be doing a market on Sat then one on Sunday too. Then next weekend and then I'm done and can rest for a couple weeks.

If you do anything outside theres lots you can do with what Mother Nature has to offer. I have 2 med/large urns that are on both sides of my entryway. What I do 

is - tall branches in the middle of the pots and then pine greens from my yard + a few bunches I buy at my local grocery store for about $10 or less filling up the 

urns on the bottom - does that make sense ? Inside I keep it simple, antique wood bowls filled with winter greens and fruit of some sort, usually oranges.

Christmas lights I find are pretty cheap unless your doing speciality lights. I have a tall wood armoire that I put garland intertwined with fairy lights . What about 

a 5 Below - do you have one of those type stores near you ? You can also find red glass there that you can use as votive /candle holders. Massing a bunch 

together makes a nice statement I think + its fairly cheap. Accents in red is always nice + festive too. An inexpensive red or plaid blanket folded over a couch .

I also love big bowls of pinecones .They have very reasonably priced tall glass pieces at Home Goods too, fill with cranberries and a candle. I could go on + on lol !

Oh + good vibes your way to make lots of $$$$$$ Tis the season :) 

Dang girl... you know we should do a bath bomb swap. I never made them before but I would learn just to do a swap. That would be fun!

Anyway ladies thanks for the decorating tips. I don't plan to decorate outdoors. Just looking into whether or not I want to get a real tree or a new fake one. But since I do need decorations I guess Walmart will be the place to go. I have a Lowe's next to the Walmart but no HD in this one horse town! LOL

What I really want for Christmas is to wake up one morning and find a brand new tree all decorated with presents under it so I don't have to do jack. I can dream can't I?!! LOL... oh... and while I am dreaming Christmas dinner all cooked and spread out on my table too... okay Santa baby?!! I've been so good this year!

• Like 1