Apple cinnamon ... cinnamon apple

Scented

It's a simple fragrance and shouldn't really have that much difference between suppliers, but then Tennessee had a really good one that is no longer available. Some Aztec reviews state cinnamon overload; Rustic Escentuals calls it a best seller with no reviews; NG which has primarily five stars, a four star and a one star which is likely to be a miss star occasion based on the review; Flaming doesn't have any reviews either. 

Is anyone using any of these who would give your opinion ... comparison if you have it ... or suggest another supplier? 

8 hours ago, Beaches said:

Rustic Escentuals Baked Apple is good.

Ahhh I passed right over it as I'm not looking for the apple pie scent, but an apple cinnamon. So does the Baked Apple miss out on the apple pie replica? I did, though, order the apple cinnamon and grandma's kitchen (which was promoted as an apple cinnamon type). along with a couple of others and a longer list of wants (eeks!) 

8 hours ago, Scented said:

Ahhh I passed right over it as I'm not looking for the apple pie scent, but an apple cinnamon. So does the Baked Apple miss out on the apple pie replica? I did, though, order the apple cinnamon and grandma's kitchen (which was promoted as an apple cinnamon type). along with a couple of others and a longer list of wants (eeks!) 

The Baked Apple is very strong.  It is a cinnamon spice blend with some apple to it, not like an apple pie.  There is no crust smell at all.  It's a dupe of Home Interiors baked apple, which I never smelled.  But I love the baked apple.

• Like 3

I have been looking for the cinnamon apple scent that Glade uses. Never found anything close until I started blending my own. I like a blend of CS Macintosh Apple, CS Cinnamon Red Hots, and C&S Christmas Splendor. Not sure why the christmas splendor works but it does... has a sweet spicy applyness to it that goes just right with the other FOs. Its the closest I have been able to get to the Glade version... and that it my alltime favorite cinnamon apple. So..... if anyone knows an FO that smells just like the Glade version I would love to know so I don't have to keep buying all 3 FOs to make it!!!

• Like 2

Boy I hunted through all kinds of ACs and I remember one person commenting about it being similar to Glade ... I THINK that was NG, but I cannot swear by it. I ordered about five or six to try out. My guess is going to be they all smell the same and none will appease ... I should learn not to be skeptical. 

• Like 1

I should add that even thou I made my own version it turned out not to be that much of a seller... or at least this year I am finding a straight apple is selling. I am using a combo of CS Apple Harvest with Macintosh Apple and its flying off the shelves. So for now I will stick with what works. Next year it could sit and gather dust. You just never know! But I have to admit the basic apple scent is still a classic and just smells so gosh darn good!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Candybee said:

I have been looking for the cinnamon apple scent that Glade uses. Never found anything close until I started blending my own. I like a blend of CS Macintosh Apple, CS Cinnamon Red Hots, and C&S Christmas Splendor. Not sure why the christmas splendor works but it does... has a sweet spicy applyness to it that goes just right with the other FOs. Its the closest I have been able to get to the Glade version... and that it my alltime favorite cinnamon apple. So..... if anyone knows an FO that smells just like the Glade version I would love to know so I don't have to keep buying all 3 FOs to make it!!!

Candy who is C & S ?

Candles and Supplies

They are in Quakertown, PA. I use them a lot because they are just the next state over from me. I can also drive there if I do a daytrip. Candlewic is about 30 drive from C&S and Fillmore about 1 hr. So I tend to use this trio of suppliers a lot. Now that Peaks in PA too I have added them as well.

C&S has a ton of FOs.... seriously you should check them out. But they are hit or miss like everyone else. I just happen to use a few of the ones I found were awesome like their Christmas Splendor.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 2

On 11/14/2016 at 10:54 AM, Candybee said:

I should add that even thou I made my own version it turned out not to be that much of a seller... or at least this year I am finding a straight apple is selling. I am using a combo of CS Apple Harvest with Macintosh Apple and its flying off the shelves. So for now I will stick with what works. Next year it could sit and gather dust. You just never know! But I have to admit the basic apple scent is still a classic and just smells so gosh darn good!

I hear you, but for us Tennessee's found its way out the door and then I came up with way less than I thought. Apple cinnamon, apples & oak have been traditional movers for us, but I won't lie. There are years when no one will touch them for whatever reason. 

Pretty sure I will apple harvest was in my ordering. Will know on Thursday according to shipping notices. 

Apple cider scents are my all time favorites so I've been on a search for the perfect one since Bert went out of business. Tennessee's smelled like Bert's oob but didn't throw as well for me in my wax. Fillmore has a Cinnamon Cider that smells right but I haven't put it in wax yet. The sleeper surprise winner for me was Spiced Apple from Lone Star. Smells just like what I was looking for and threw like crazy in my wax. I'd had a 1 oz sample of it for a while and although I had dozen's of samples of similar scents from multiple vendors that I had combined a couple of years ago, I kept the Lone Star sample out of the mix and I was happy I did!

3 minutes ago, mzpickles said:

Apple cider scents are my all time favorites so I've been on a search for the perfect one since Bert went out of business. Tennessee's smelled like Bert's oob but didn't throw as well for me in my wax. Fillmore has a Cinnamon Cider that smells right but I haven't put it in wax yet. The sleeper surprise winner for me was Spiced Apple from Lone Star. Smells just like what I was looking for and threw like crazy in my wax. I'd had a 1 oz sample of it for a while and although I had dozen's of samples of similar scents from multiple vendors that I had combined a couple of years ago, I kept the Lone Star sample out of the mix and I was happy I did!

Good to know! If I need to go into another round of ordering, I will put LS on the list! Thanks!

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 9:17 AM, Beaches said:

The Baked Apple is very strong.  It is a cinnamon spice blend with some apple to it, not like an apple pie.  There is no crust smell at all.  It's a dupe of Home Interiors baked apple, which I never smelled.  But I love the baked apple.

Scented, most Baked Apple scents don't have a crust smell to them, I had a sample of this RE Baked Apple and I ended up blending it with multiple Baked Apple samples, the blend smells great and throws well, but I don't know how much of that I can attribute to the RE Baked Apple. I should get some more and try it on its own!

See now if I read apple pie in any part of a description, I'm thinking there's going to be some crust notes so I skipped over a whole lot of scents to try, because usually anything I've tried with crust as part of the description drowned out what I was after. 

On 11/16/2016 at 4:20 PM, kandlekrazy said:

I went through this a while back and can't find the thread.  I wanted a baked apple smell, no pastry and I found one that worked and want to say it's AH/RE but I'm on a buying trip and can't check till Friday.

Is it the baked apple HI I think it was there? 

Four of the five places we ordered from have delivered, but not a one of those bottles we got strikes me as interesting. The partner ... oh he thinks it's all fantastic ... keep in mind this is the partner who thinks patchouli smells like vanilla. 

On 11/16/2016 at 5:41 PM, Moonstar said:

Doesn't Indianna Candle Supply have a Baked Apple. Its on the best seller list + if I'm not mistaken i think a lot of people on here have raved about it.

I've no clue. I pretty much dropped ICS because it was primarily bakery scents and I was pursuing anything but ... now from time to time I sample the goody scents, but still stay away ... I have to be inclined to want to get about 10+ scents from a supplier, because I hate getting one or two for a higher shipping cost type of thing. Plus space on my shelves is at an ultra premium right now. 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2016 at 6:26 PM, Scented said:

Four of the five places we ordered from have delivered, but not a one of those bottles we got strikes me as interesting. The partner ... oh he thinks it's all fantastic ... keep in mind this is the partner who thinks patchouli smells like vanilla. 

Yes iit's Ah/Re Apple Cinnamon.  I think it's good because I don't smell pastry.  It smells more like apple than cinnamon to my nose.

On 11/17/2016 at 6:26 PM, Scented said:

Yes, it is the Baked Apple HI from Rustic that I was referring to.