Help Please

Hi all I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've been at this a year now and I'm still struggling as I've yet to make a good throwing all soy candle. This is the 12oz status jar with 464 wax, a cd-14 wick, CS strudel and spice FO & 6% and a 13 day cure. I literally smell this candle best after I've blown it out. Why is that? I trim all my wicks to 1/4 inch before each burn but I still end up with mushroom on most my candles. The pictures I've included are my most recent 3.5 hour burn. This is the 4th day burning in 3 hour increments with each burn. How does it look? What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

IMG_9080.JPG

IMG_9081.JPG

IMG_9082.JPG

Hello FB,

T

I use that jar, that wax and the cd wicks.  Now pretty much all my jars take a cd 12, but your only up 1 size and that's ok because of harder to wick fragrance, which seems like in this case.  Your not doing anything wrong.  Candle melt pool and depth look fine to me.  The hang up of wax on the walls are fine as the further you burn down into the glass, that wax hangup will melt away....so no problem there.     I use quite a bit of CS fragrances and this fragrance I happen to love love.....but....I found it hard to give a good throw myself.  Sometimes some fragrances just won't work in the wax your using, just like mine was too.  I'm thinking you might have to move onto another fragrance just for the fact alone I had this problem.   You could try another option....try a cd12 wick or even maybe a cd16....probably won't work, but doesn't hurt to try.   Now another option you could do which I in fact am going to do is try different wicks.  There is another chandler here on the forum, "Old Glory"

who uses same wax but she loves her premiers and she has been at this for 20 years and really knows her stuff.  The premiers she swears by them and there are sooo many sizes and inbetween sizes that the premiers offer, so this is the other option that you could do.  Well, that is the best advice I can give you.   Good luck and let us know how you fare out, as I would like to know myself.:)

Trappeur  

Trappeur,

Thank you so much for your guidance and help on this! I'm glad you too have this problem with this particular FO. That makes me feel so much better. I do like the Premiers but with so many options in sizes my head just spins. Maybe if Old Glory pops in here she can help me narrow down some sizes for this jar. I feel I'm close but still not 100% there. Thanks again!

"... 464 wax, a cd-14 wick, CS strudel and spice FO & 6%"

Maybe this scent just doesn't throw well in soy ...?  You can use up to 9% with GW464, maybe you could try increasing the scent, or use a stronger cinnamon or spice scent and mix them to see if it helps bring out your scent a little more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, birdcharm said:

"... 464 wax, a cd-14 wick, CS strudel and spice FO & 6%"

Maybe this scent just doesn't throw well in soy ...?  You can use up to 9% with GW464, maybe you could try increasing the scent, or use a stronger cinnamon or spice scent and mix them to see if it helps bring out your scent a little more.

Thats what I was thinking also. Trap said its not a strong one for her either. Thanks for your input :)