The %#@! Valentine's soaps

KrazeKelly

Well, that was fun! I think I have soap in the crack of my ? Anyway, if you make a 10lb batch of frosting, you should separate it out so that it doesn't start getting too hot and gelling!! It may help but I don't know. I will try it next time. It started gelling towards the end of the 2nd cake. I had to get the hand mixer out and try to get it smoothed out as best I could. I had to change piping bags 3 times because it kept hardening in the bag'! BUT I got all 3 cakes done thankfully.  I could probably cut the last cake right now it's so hard already. The first 2 are not so I was able to add the little butterflies to the sides of them. I may have really messed up by adding a mica drizzle to the gelled cake. I don't know if the oil is going to absorb but I'll wait and see. I sprinkled mica over all of them. I don't want to make soap anymore for a few days now. LOL ?

IMG_4167.JPG

IMG_4168.JPG

IMG_4169.JPG

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Trappeur said:

omg!!!*googlequeen*:eek2:

Your talent is endless........what scent is that?

Trappeur

The cake portion is Venice Peach Bellini. Embeds have Love Spell and frosting has a touch also. 

In had a learning experience with the cake that I piped after the frosting started gelling. It did not stick to the cake portion. So, when I cut it, it started breaking off. I spent two hours last night carefully removing the frosting a piece at a time, melting the leftover mp embeds and painting the soap with the melted mp and "glueing" each piece of frosting back on the cake. Ugh!!  Then I drizzled mp all over the top of each piece. It's a good thing I am a patient person. ? I hope I don't have this issue with the other 2 cakes. I don't think I will since they were piped before it started gelling. We'll see!! 

image.jpg

6 minutes ago, bfroberts said:

They are just lovely.  I hate that they've given you such trouble, but they really are beautiful!

Thank you!! I will probably keep the gelled cake to give as freebies to my regular customers and just sell the other two. There is a definite difference in the tops. I could just remove the frosting and redo it. I'll have to think on that a while. I'm afraid the mp will not hold it on well. 

• Like 1

I've heard you b/4 using Venice Peach Bellini....That sounds beautiful Kelly.  Would you mind me asking where you got that from?  I do a tremendous amount of candles for my 2 accounts in Peach Nectar from CS and that Bellini I wonder if it smells something like Peach Nectar.  I would like to order some and try it out.....

Again........love love everything you do and this pie with icing is truly the icing on the cake with all your gorgeous creations you design and make....truly.

Trappeur

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

I've heard you b/4 using Venice Peach Bellini....That sounds beautiful Kelly.  Would you mind me asking where you got that from?  I do a tremendous amount of candles for my 2 accounts in Peach Nectar from CS and that Bellini I wonder if it smells something like Peach Nectar.  I would like to order some and try it out.....

Again........love love everything you do and this pie with icing is truly the icing on the cake with all your gorgeous creations you design and make....truly.

Trappeur

Thank you!! ? It's from Aztec and my first time using it. Not sure how it compares to Peach Nectar.  I've tried several peaches but I've never found one I like in soap. This one still smells good so hopefully it sticks well. 

Kelly

Really lovely.  

I've piped gelling soap onto soap cupcakes and can tell you that stuff is HOT!!!  I was able to pipe it while it was gelling - it still came out smooth, but wouldn't wish that experience on anyone.  It was for a bridal shower and I was up against the clock so had to push through, but ouchouchouchouch!!!

• Like 1