Today's Efforts

Jcandleattic

3 soaps, but felt like 5, because for the 2 that have piped tops I made a little 1lb batch to make the piping. 

Here they are - This first one is a mix of Vanilla Bean Noel and Vanilla Nectar. Smells just like the VBN from B&BW. 

The base is supposed to be a green and white swirl. 

File_002.jpeg

File_003.jpeg

20161008_124230.jpg

Then I made a mix of Snow Witch mixed with 1/3 part Peppermint - the base is white and blue swirl

File_000.jpeg

File_001.jpeg

Then lastly, a peppemint vanilla soap. I wanted the piping to be white with a few red jojoba beads mixed in, well, I was heavy handed with the jojoba beads and the piping turned pink. LOL Oh well. THEN I DROPPED the glitter, so there is one spot that is just a disaster. LOL Hopefully after cut it will only be on 1 bar. The base is a red and white "bowl stripe" or what people have referred to as the "Clyde Slide" 

Also there are some left over piping flowers, so I can use as embeds in something else. My piping is not scented. 

File_004.jpeg

File_005.jpeg

File_006.jpeg

File_007.jpeg

• Like 4

Looks good!! I've accidentally taken the top off my glitter instead of just the little red tip and poured glitter on them before. I just blew the glitter so it spread out as best as possible. Could also explain why I find glitter in all kinds of spots in my kitchen too. LOL can't wait to see them cut. I'm having soaping withdrawals. ??

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KrazeKelly said:

Looks good!! I've accidentally taken the top off my glitter instead of just the little red tip and poured glitter on them before. I just blew the glitter so it spread out as best as possible. Could also explain why I find glitter in all kinds of spots in my kitchen too. LOL can't wait to see them cut. I'm having soaping withdrawals. ??

Thanks! I was having fun, but these 3 loaves took FOR-EVER to make. Hopefully the 2 tomorrow won't take as long. 

I tried blowing on this to spread it out or lessen it a bit and that stuff did not move!! LOL IDK what the deal was, but it just stuck there. 

I got some new puffers or whatever they are called, and I HATE them. At first the glitter didn't come out, and then I poked a bigger hole (nothing too terrible, just a little pin prick) and still nothing, so I took the top off thinking I'd pinch some, but I slipped after taking the top off, and this happened. I'm sticking with my shakers that look like salt shakers. They work soooo much better. and I love them. 

• Like 2

Oh my!  Just beautiful Jane!

And VBN mixed with Vanilla Nectar?  Sounds awesome!

Do I dare ask whose VBN  and Vanilla Nectar you use?  I just have to find a replacement for mine that was Tennessee's......This is driving me crazy!  I have a lot of different samples coming in and need to test them all...seems like everyone has VBN.....argh.....And I never heard of Vanilla Nectar?  I need to try that one too....

Trappeur

• Like 2

Wow ! I just love looking at your creations and the VBN _ Vanilla nectar sounds devine . Who makes vanilla nectar, is it a basic vanilla ?

These will for sure sell well, I especially love the little trees + the peppermint soap. Ive always wanted to try the Mad oils Snow Witch

How would you best describe it ? Their Welcome home sounds good too, seems like it would be similar to Apple Jack & Peel .

As always, thanks for sharing your gorgeous creations ! You  guys always amaze me at how busy -busy you stay :) 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Oh my!  Just beautiful Jane!

And VBN mixed with Vanilla Nectar?  Sounds awesome!

Do I dare ask whose VBN  and Vanilla Nectar you use?  I just have to find a replacement for mine that was Tennessee's......This is driving me crazy!  I have a lot of different samples coming in and need to test them all...seems like everyone has VBN.....argh.....And I never heard of Vanilla Nectar?  I need to try that one too....

Trappeur

Thanks Trapp! 

Aztec's Vanilla Bean Noel Type, and Peak's Vanilla Bean Nectar. I had the wrong name, forgot to put the "bean" in with Peaks Version. It's a little sweeter than B&BW's VBN and Aztec's is a little more 'musky', so the combo, at least in the mix when I combined them, smelled just like the lotion, that I just happened to be wearing yesterday. LOL 

• Like 1

Oh great!  Thanks Jane!  I'm going to Aztec now and order those 5 $l.00 fragrances the one you get to buy every month!  Now that is interesting....you found Aztec's to be a little musky....and you mix the 2.  Great idea.   

Trappeur

14 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Wow ! I just love looking at your creations and the VBN _ Vanilla nectar sounds devine . Who makes vanilla nectar, is it a basic vanilla ?

These will for sure sell well, I especially love the little trees + the peppermint soap. Ive always wanted to try the Mad oils Snow Witch

How would you best describe it ? Their Welcome home sounds good too, seems like it would be similar to Apple Jack & Peel .

As always, thanks for sharing your gorgeous creations ! You  guys always amaze me at how busy -busy you stay :) 

Thank you Moonstar! 

The Vanilla Nectar is actual Vanilla Bean Nectar and I believe it's Peak's answer to duping the B&BW VBN - but it's got a sweeter scent to my nose than the actual scent. The Aztec VBN is a bit muskier than the actual scent, so the combo of them, makes them smell (to my nose) just like B&BW's VBN. 

Snow Witch to me smells just like a forest covered in snow. You know how when it's really cold out, you can actually smell the cold? Now imagine that smell with a piney forest. I do not like pine scent - at all. Even in a real forest, it smells bad to me, lol, but this scent has that 'cold' scent mixed with the forest scent. It's actually my favorite Mad Oils scent. And to just give that 'cold' scent a kick, I add the peppermint to the snow witch and to me that just enhances the scent. I hope that all makes sense. LOL 

I've never tried their Welcome Home yet. 

I will post pics sometime either late tonight after I cut them, or later this week depending on my schedule. 

I have 2 more soaps to make today that are going to be GM soaps, using the GM I got from my Aunt and her prized dairy goat. Those 2 loaves are going to be hers and I'll only keep the small slivers for myself 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Oh great!  Thanks Jane!  I'm going to Aztec now and order those 5 $l.00 fragrances the one you get to buy every month!  Now that is interesting....you found Aztec's to be a little musky....and you mix the 2.  Great idea.   

Trappeur

I'll send you some of each when I send the soaps. :) I love that monthly 5 for 5 Aztec has. It's a great way to test fragrances. 

Aztec has a new scent Yankee type Autumn in the Park. It is $11 a pound :)

This scent sounds very nice. Stay away from their Cinnamon sugar Donut ,major issues going on with this one. I love their 5 for 5 deals & low price shipping. I make wax melts & double & triple scent wax chunks. Your soap is amazing ,great job. I have never made soap & would love to learn how to do this .You all are so talented :)