Victorian Christmas

I just googled and saw a lot of suppliers using that name but cierra candles appears to have a similar description. They don't seem to mention vanilla though and the Salt City version calls vanilla out. 

I'm not familiar with this scent at all though, but I hope this helps. 

http://www.cierracandles.com/Victorian-Christmas-Fragrance-Oil.html

• Like 2

I've never heard of that company 

so I did a google search. They have a great selection & are a home party type company, I bet their candles are pretty strong

too bad you can't find them local so you can get a better idea for yourself of how it smells so you can do a match. Wonder if they sell wax melts ? Those are cheaper than a candle & you'd still get a better idea . Let us know what you find out.

Lone Star Candle has Victorian Christmas -  Top notes include fruity aspects with fir needle, mid-notes of warm baked apple and cinnamon with base notes of warm, sweet woodsy scents and patchouli.  I used this oil years ago and liked it.  Don't know how it compares to Salt City.

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, ThisLittleLightOfMine said:

Thank you all... i did get the one from lonestar but while nice it was not the right one. I'll keep at it! Thank you thank you thank you all for your time!!

Did you ever get the actual candle she was referring to. That might help you when making comparisons. 

• Like 1

I just checked the description of V.Xmas by Salt City and it is orange, clove, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.  So I would say it is an orange spice scent with vanilla which I happen to love that combo.

Ciarras Victorian Xmas that I just put into wax the description is orange, clove and cinnamon. Cierra's Victorian Xmas personally doesn't do much for me even though I put it into wax....and sometimes you just have to make the candle, let it cure and then see how it blooms...

If your trying to dupe Salt city, i bet if you added vanilla bean noel to Cierra's, it would be beautiful.  

If it were me, I would probably get an orange spice oil (I happen to love Community Candle's called Orange Peel & Cinnamon) and add the vanilla bean noel to it.  Belinda sent me a sample of Cajuns orange spice which is nice too and very strong and you could do the same thing.  

What did you just get?  The Salt city candle?  Or a sample oil from someone.

Trappeur:)

• 2 weeks later...

I use Christmas Hearth all the time from CS and I wouldn't think it would be anywhere close to what your looking for.  There is a lot of pine in that scent with the scent of a fireplace in the background shining through, so I would start over and work with the basic scents in Salt City.

Trappeur

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I have 6 melter tiles of Victorian Christmas left from Salt City, as of today. I was so devastated when they went out of business.

Their showroom was a 10 minute drive from my home (as it was a Utah based company) and I spend $100's a year on them. Very highly scented candles!! Could cover 2 to 3 room span. 

I just put a melter tile (I preferred the candle better) on for Thanksgiving day. I have held on to them for years because I know when they are gone, they are gone. And I will be soooo sad.

People on Etsy have them for sale....putragepusly price at $100 a candle, but one day I may succumb...  for now I use Goose Creek Candles, but they are nothing compaired to thus one scent. 😭

On 11/24/2022 at 12:53 PM, ShelbySAH said:

I have 6 melter tiles of Victorian Christmas left from Salt City, as of today. I was so devastated when they went out of business.

Their showroom was a 10 minute drive from my home (as it was a Utah based company) and I spend $100's a year on them. Very highly scented candles!! Could cover 2 to 3 room span. 

I just put a melter tile (I preferred the candle better) on for Thanksgiving day. I have held on to them for years because I know when they are gone, they are gone. And I will be soooo sad.

People on Etsy have them for sale....putragepusly price at $100 a candle, but one day I may succumb...  for now I use Goose Creek Candles, but they are nothing compaired to thus one scent. 😭

What are the notes in it? Maybe you could find a base that's similar and blend something else with it. What is it similar to? It sounds amazing!

• 2 weeks later...

I found the exact mimic of it! ( they literally have the exact recipe from salt city candle that they used!)  It's https://ashmancandles.com. they have victorian christmas in the "beannie melts" and it's strong and I'm so happy! My friend mailed me some and i put one little beanie cube thing in and i could smell it in the whole room really fast. I'm in heaven over here! thought I'd share! Merry Christmas!

On 11/24/2022 at 11:53 AM, ShelbySAH said:

I found a company who does the exact one with the same recipe! It's https://ashmancandles.com. they have victorian christmas in the "beannie melts" and it's strong and im so happy! My friend mailed me some I'm in heaven having this scent back! Also I know its exact because they told me they got it from SSC but also i still have some of the victorian christmas candle left i randomly found a full one at a good will! yay

• 3 months later...

Ashmancandles.com has the Salt City Candle Company formula and currently sells the scent in their beanies. I also, would like it in a candle. I think it would be wonderful in their Woodwicks when they get those back in. I purchased two packs of the Beanies and can confirm it is the same scent. I am soooo happy. I still have a couple SCC's Victorian Christmas candles. A bit left in the snowman and a new jar. Ashman took on several SCC scents. Welcome Home, Cinnamon Vanilla, Pumpkin Spice, Honeydew Melon, Pepperberry Wreath, Christmas Trimmings (now called Noel), German Streusel Cake (called Strudel 'n Spice), Fruit Slices (Fresh Fruit,  it smells the same to me), Lemon Merengue Pie (Lemon Creme), Simply Cinnamon,  Sugar cookie and Sunflower.  Now if they will get the Golden Apple, Iced Pineapple and Winterberry Frost, they will have all my favorites.