Lonestar Fragrances

YAMS

I am a newbie and do not sell candles.   So far I have only sampled FOs from CS and Northstar.   So far everything I have ordered from CS is amazing.  I ordered 3 FOs from Northstar and will never order again.  At the highest % the HT was horrible.  I just received some samples sizes from Lonestar (because I love their ) but when I opened them, the scent is very very weak.  If you use Lonestar do you find that after poured the scent level changes?  Just wondering.  

• Like 1

Ive never ordered from Lodestar or Northstar but many from CS. I totally agree about CS - their Fo's just smell so high quality. Of course theres a few 

I've ordered that I didn't care for but that was a personal preference only. What type of scents do you gravitate to ? 

• Like 1

I have a few from Lone Star but don't usually order much from them. Theirs do seem to be weak in my opinion. I do like butternut pumpkin, bergamot, caribbean escape, christmas hearth, (I like the one from CS too) cranberry kettle corn, cranberry peppermint, dickens christmas, they have a good leather, and there are a few more that I thought were good and strong. I'm basing the above on their strength because these aren't usually the type of scents I want to buy but I've used these from LS and they had a good throw to them. I"m a bakery type person myself and from what I can remember I didn't have good luck with the bakery scents they have that I've tried. 

• Like 3

On 10/1/2016 at 7:09 PM, Moonstar said:

Ive never ordered from Lodestar or Northstar but many from CS. I totally agree about CS - their Fo's just smell so high quality. Of course theres a few 

I've ordered that I didn't care for but that was a personal preference only. What type of scents do you gravitate to ? 

I tend to like the musky, woody scents but I do like to buy the fruity types because a lot of my family members like them.  I agree, if I haven't totally liked a scent from CS is because of my personal preference not because of CT or HT quality.  

6 hours ago, Belinda said:

I have a few from Lone Star but don't usually order much from them. Theirs do seem to be weak in my opinion. I do like butternut pumpkin, bergamot, caribbean escape, christmas hearth, (I like the one from CS too) cranberry kettle corn, cranberry peppermint, dickens christmas, they have a good leather, and there are a few more that I thought were good and strong. I'm basing the above on their strength because these aren't usually the type of scents I want to buy but I've used these from LS and they had a good throw to them. I"m a bakery type person myself and from what I can remember I didn't have good luck with the bakery scents they have that I've tried. 

Thanks Belinda.  I took notes of the FOs you mentioned to give them a try

I'm really glad you asked this question.   I've been having problems with HT with EVERYTHING I've tried from Lonestar.    I've also been struggling a bit with the Ecosoya PB, so I couldn't decide if it was the wax, FO, or both.

I bought so much during their sample sale, and I haven't found anything that really works for me.    I think the White Nectarine and Pink Coral is absolutely GORGEOUS.    It's a beautiful scent.   If I could just find it elsewhere in a format that would throw in my wax, I'd be excited.

• Like 3

Yea, I don't order from them much because of the same thing. I'm sure they have some great FO's but I haven't had very good luck with most of what I've ordered. The ones I mentioned above have been good though but when they're gone I'll probably not stock them anymore. None of them have been really good sellers for me anyway.

I have quite a few from LoneStar that I adore and that work well for me. Egyptian Sheets is an absolute must for me! Sells like crazy in sprays and candles. It took 4 weeks to cure in my parasoy, though. Which is very unusual, but I'll deal with it for the awesome scent. I also agree with KrisS about their White Nectarine and Pink Coral. Absolutely gorgeous fragrance and it works well in my wax. Others that I use with no problems are Nordic Spa, Cowboy, Mahogany Woods dupe, Twilight Woods dupe, and Sea Petals.

• Like 1

I ordered from Northstar recently .I love the Iced lemon biscotti ,worked for me with CW 129 paraffin, very strong HT .This scent IMO is very similar to Peaks Lemon pound cake . I was impressed with this oil & still have more to test. I have used CS as well ,great quality oils. I have never tried Lonestar & probably will not try this company. I have to many suppliers & need to cut back lol. I do recommend northstars Iced lemon biscotti ,amazing scent very good performance in paraffin :)

The Flaming candle company has good quality oils :)

I received a email they have recently added 4 new scents North Pole ,Juniper Breeze, Hansel & Gretel's House & Alpine Cheer BBW type. Use coupon code HELLOOCTOBER16 for a 10% discount. I also think Candlewic has some new ones as well. Aztec introduction price $11 a lb for Yankee type "Autumn in the Park". I have way to many oils & just cannot pass up a bargain lol .I thought I would let you all know about these new fall  scents.

• Like 3

I never thought their oils were weak. They have hits and misses just like everyone. I especially like their Spearmint, Autumn Harvest, Caramel Apple, Chocolate Mint, Cinnamon Buttercream, and Sandalwood & Ginger Apple 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, katmeltswax said:

I received a email they have recently added 4 new scents North Pole ,Juniper Breeze, Hansel & Gretel's House & Alpine Cheer BBW type. Use coupon code HELLOOCTOBER16 for a 10% discount. I also think Candlewic has some new ones as well. Aztec introduction price $11 a lb for Yankee type "Autumn in the Park". I have way to many oils & just cannot pass up a bargain lol .I thought I would let you all know about these new fall  scents.

I love the Flaming Candle!! :)

• Like 3

20 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Kat,

Thanks for the information.   I am with you.  I have so many scents to try and yet I can't pass up a deal... Ugh!  Is an addiction with no available rehab program to effectively treat it... Lol.  

• Like 1

Yams LOL :)
I guess this is called OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE BEHAVIOR lmao. I guess we should start a treatment program for this & I guarantee you ,we would still buy these oils .I would need thousands of pounds of wax to get these oils finished & tested lol. I do try to make a effort to try them & get them sold ,I am just slow & have a lot going on .I use my wax room as a escape therapy room :)

I love making wax melts& chunks. I have made some candles & had good results with 4630 paraffin.

I have started a side project for myself & excited to see how this turns out .I will be making a huge Fish Bowl layered candle for the holidays with multi scents & colors. The fish bowl is huge & always wanted to try this out .The good part is I will be getting more oils gone & I am looking at a lot of new fall bargain scents ,never ends :)

• Like 1

I've bought a lot of their sample sizes and most of them smelled awesome OOB.  I especially loved egyptian sheets, butternut pumpkin (reminds me of CS hansel & gretel), christmas cookie, firewood, marshmallow madness, merlot, french market, iced tea, white cake (one of my fave cake scents so far) ... I could go on.  lol  I keep an excel file of all the FOs I purchase and rate them OOB and adjust after I test in wax/soap.  This company has a lot in the green for me.

I have yet to put any of it in wax, but am curious now after reading others' experience how they will work with my wax blend.  I can understand how some think the oils smell weaker. I had the same feeling on some of them too.  But again haven't put any in wax yet.  This company has a lot of winners for me OOB though.  

• 4 weeks later...

I live close enough to Lonestar to pick up my order, so I order from them a lot.  I use soy, so some of their FO's are a little weak to me, but that is the soy.  I use a lot of their Fragrance Oils.  Some of my favorites, Fudge Brownie, Creamy Vanilla, Leather, Pumpkin Pie Spice....

On 10/6/2016 at 2:08 PM, Cynna said:

I just got my first order from Lonestar yesterday.  I noticed right away their oils seemed more watery, very weak smelling also compared to others.

They are oils, they cannot be watery, if they were you wouldn't be able to use them in wax.  It also depends on what scents you ordered.  Some of the scents I thought were a little week out of the bottle, turned out to be great throwers in wax.  

On 10/6/2016 at 4:24 PM, katmeltswax said:

Hi Kat,

Did i read right that Flaming has a coupon code for a 10% discount?  Geesh they are my main supplier and I order tons from them every week repeatedly...I get my jars, wax, wicks, tins, uv, stickums and a lot of oils from them and I have never ever known them to have a discount.  I get their newsletter all the time too.  Geesh, I have always thought with as much business I give them that once in a while it would be great to get a discount! Hmmmmm I'm going to email Brandie and find out about this that I have missed out on...Darn.....Where did you get  your coupon code from?

Trappeur

19 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Hi Kat,

Did i read right that Flaming has a coupon code for a 10% discount?  Geesh they are my main supplier and I order tons from them every week repeatedly...I get my jars, wax, wicks, tins, uv, stickums and a lot of oils from them and I have never ever known them to have a discount.  I get their newsletter all the time too.  Geesh, I have always thought with as much business I give them that once in a while it would be great to get a discount! Hmmmmm I'm going to email Brandie and find out about this that I have missed out on...Darn.....Where did you get  your coupon code from?

Trappeur

Trappeur , yes I did get a coupon code from them a while back. It was sent to my email. I love Flaming too! Yes they do have coupon codes occasionally. The last one was for the new oils I mentioned above. I missed out on those :(

I get my coupon code thru email. I would email Brandie because you should have received this as well. How are the Front Porch oils? LOL I may try them for the first time myself. I see the prices are low ,just like Candlesouce & I order a lot from CS. I definitely have some great scents from them & some must haves .I would like to try FP ,if you have had some luck with them . Thanks friend ,Kat

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 9:26 PM, KrisS said:

I'm really glad you asked this question.   I've been having problems with HT with EVERYTHING I've tried from Lonestar.    I've also been struggling a bit with the Ecosoya PB, so I couldn't decide if it was the wax, FO, or both.

I bought so much during their sample sale, and I haven't found anything that really works for me.    I think the White Nectarine and Pink Coral is absolutely GORGEOUS.    It's a beautiful scent.   If I could just find it elsewhere in a format that would throw in my wax, I'd be excited.

KrisS , I will let you know how the new Aztec soy tart blend performs soon. I have poured a few batches & they are curing now. I know you wanted me to keep you updated on this wax. I hope it turns out great & I will be adding soy to my line as well .Hang in there ,Kat

• Like 1