Crunching on ....

Scented

This might be right up Belinda's alley. 

I'm in search of good crunch scents to try. 

Once upon a time we had some potpourri scented pumpkin crunch (absolutely to die for so I'd gladly take pumpkin suggestions, because we've not landed on one that remotely makes us want to eat wax) and we had another named apple crunch. 

The crunch is the sweet, slightly nutty (definitely foodie in origin) ... surely it's not impossible to find? Anyone? 

• Like 2

She is definitely the girl for the job! Puma I bet could help too! A few years ago I mixed JS Vanilla Buttercream Crunch with Pumpkin Soufflé. It was pretty amazing. Also mixed NG Pumpkin Crunch Cake with AH Toasted Marshmallow which was pretty good too! I'm sure those other 2 fragrance Queens will come up with a bunch! ;) 

• Like 1

I must be the odd ball here with NG Pumpkin Crunch lol ! I didn't 

think it was anything special - to

my nose it was your typical pumpkin cake type smell & on 

the sweet side. I tested it in para soy for wax melts. I'm going to try some CS Pralines & mix with some vanilla shooting for a butter pecan or blending e/ Indianna shortbread for a Pecan Shortbread. BTW Indiana has a few new scents - Pecan Shortbread & Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies ?

• Like 1

I love a good crunch scent! Right now I love Pumpkin crunch cake, Vanilla Buttercream crunch from JS and Buttercream crunch from JS or Cajun's, both are good. FB has a Buttercream Crunch Cake  that I just got in but haven't put it in wax yet. They also have Vanilla Buttercream crunch and it seems like I had or have a sample of this and it was very close to the one from JS and Cajun's but can't remember which one it was closest too. Maybe a mix of one of those with some pumpkin soufflé or Pumpkin Pie? The Buttercream crunch cake from FB has a review that says it's like a coffee cake. I'll try to get it in wax today and give a review. What about one of those with celtic moon spice, pumpkin pie, amish harvest, buttered rum, caramelized pralines, caramel nut cluster, cinnamon buns (cinnamon crunch cake!), Hansel and Gretal's house, Gingerbread, Oh my! I'm going to start melting wax!

Puma, Trappeur, Candy Bee, what do y'all think? Y'all are the queens of blending!

5 hours ago, Moonstar said:

I must be the odd ball here with NG Pumpkin Crunch lol ! I didn't 

think it was anything special - to

my nose it was your typical pumpkin cake type smell & on 

the sweet side. I tested it in para soy for wax melts. I'm going to try some CS Pralines & mix with some vanilla shooting for a butter pecan or blending e/ Indianna shortbread for a Pecan Shortbread. BTW Indiana has a few new scents - Pecan Shortbread & Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies ?

Oh it's definitely not Pumpkin crunch cake like at all. Meaning what we had, not what NG offers. 

I like the other ideas here for something else :) I want us to get involved in potpourri more. Our apple crunch was an apple spice with a definite yummy crunch behind it that was a bit sugar and spice and all that's nice to satisfy a sweet tooth. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scented said:

Is there that much of a difference between the two? 

To my nose the BC from JS and Cajun's are  almost identical. I'll pull out the VBC tomorrow and smell of it again. I think it's very similar with just a hint more of vanilla to it. I poured FB's Buttercream crunch cake this evening and it smelled the same to my nose as BC from Cajun and JS. I was hoping it was different but they're so close it would be hard to distinguish which was which. Sigh! Back to the blending ideas! Maybe I can use it up by mixing it with something else.

30 minutes ago, Scented said:

I'm probably going to have to go diving for crunches. If we get a chance to order from JS in the future, I may try it. Right now we're a bit overstocked there in other fragrances that I have to work us close to empty. 

I can send you a sample of each so when you're ready to order you'll know which one you want. PM me your address.

On 9/24/2016 at 2:17 AM, Scented said:

This might be right up Belinda's alley. 

I'm in search of good crunch scents to try. 

Once upon a time we had some potpourri scented pumpkin crunch (absolutely to die for so I'd gladly take pumpkin suggestions, because we've not landed on one that remotely makes us want to eat wax) and we had another named apple crunch. 

The crunch is the sweet, slightly nutty (definitely foodie in origin) ... surely it's not impossible to find? Anyone? 

Hi Scented!

I love the Buttercream Crunch from Cajun's. It is a great blender and adds a wonderful buttery richness.....to vanillas, cake batter, chocolate, marshmallow, pear scents, ...good stuff it is. :) 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, puma52 said:

Hi Scented!

I love the Buttercream Crunch from Cajun's. It is a great blender and adds a wonderful buttery richness.....to vanillas, cake batter, chocolate, marshmallow, pear scents, ...good stuff it is. :) 

I needed a reason to look at Cajuns :D Thank yoU!!

Edited by Scented
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2016 at 3:29 AM, Daisymay66 said:

;

She is definitely the girl for the job! Puma I bet could help too! A few years ago I mixed JS Vanilla Buttercream Crunch with Pumpkin Soufflé. It was pretty amazing. Also mixed NG Pumpkin Crunch Cake with AH Toasted Marshmallow which was pretty good too! I'm sure those other 2 fragrance Queens will come up with a bunch! ;) 

:laugh2::laugh2:You made my night Daisy......the "2 Fragrance Queens"....... Hey! You are definitely right though.....man can Belinda and Puma whip up creations like nobody's business!

Trappeur

• Like 2