Yankxxx Easy Melt Cups

bugtussle

12 hours ago, Dolphin14677 said:

Looks interesting I was thinking a deli container may work They come in many different sizes

Ops never mind .The smallest deli containers are 8 Oz to big. But I was thinking about tring souffle cups They come in sizes from 1 Oz to 4 oz and they have lids. I may have to play around with this and see what I come up with

This is interesting, so I make scent shots in the 2oz containers with lids like from Walmart and set mine on my scentsy warmer and it works just fine it takes a while for the wax to melt, and it has been on there for hours and the bottom is fine, it doesn't melt. So that is a way to do it, but just doesn't look real cute. But it's easy clean up. Which is what this is all about right? Scent throw is good, but I would rather use shallow cups as well but haven't seen any.

The cups and the warmers are a proprietary system. The cups themselves are approx. 3.5" in diameter and have a deep recessed on the bottom. It would take a cup with the exact same radius to fit in the warmer, without falling off the side.  They would need to be the same diameter as well, in order to sit on the bulbous shaped burner.  I have seen nothing like these cups before. But I bought enough melt cups for each of my warmers, threw out the wax in them, so I can melt whatever vendor wax I choose. I clean the cups out just as you would the plate in any other warmer. They are made of a high density plastic.  The two yankee warmers that I have that hold these cups get in the range of 145-165 degrees. Not sure why but one of my warmers melts 20 degrees hotter than the other. Yes, I've put a thermometer to each of them to know this for sure. 

• Like 1

I have customers that buy my bags of melts and use them in the cups that came with their yankee warmer. They recieved the warmers for Christmas and didn't like how expensive the containers were to continue purchasing them through yankee so they tried putting my melts in the cups and it worked great.

On 3/30/2017 at 2:35 PM, Kheidtbrink said:

This is interesting, so I make scent shots in the 2oz containers with lids like from Walmart and set mine on my scentsy warmer and it works just fine it takes a while for the wax to melt, and it has been on there for hours and the bottom is fine, it doesn't melt. So that is a way to do it, but just doesn't look real cute. But it's easy clean up. Which is what this is all about right? Scent throw is good, but I would rather use shallow cups as well but haven't seen any.

I'm surprised the Walmart container doesn't melt.  But then, I have never used this warmer.

Goldie

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2017 at 7:29 AM, GoldieMN said:

I'm surprised the Walmart container doesn't melt.  But then, I have never used this warmer.

Goldie

They are not a light bulb warmer, but have a heating element.  The heating element is exposed, so there is nothing between the direct heat and the plastic cup.  You could not set a plastic portion cup, or any other regular plastic, on the warmer without melting the cup, as my heating elements get up to as high as 145.