Yankxxx Easy Melt Cups

bugtussle

4 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I think remember pouring about 1.6 oz of soy in my maxis

That sounds about right 

I think I did 1.5 ounces soy and tested a few fragrances in them- they are wonderful little throwers but....well I just stopped and have a ton of them I am pretty sure I won't use 

I think we had a thread going on the many possibilities of these cute little things- if I remember right Old Glory may have hosted it and tons of pictures and ideas for them

I have a kohls right down the road I may run up to tonight and see how these yank things work....if they carry them 

If the burner is heated by a 13 watt bulb then do you supposed it could be an acrylic cup? If so, there are suppliers out there for this with it's own screw on cap ... for anyone that wants to try:

https://www.widgetsupply.com/product/SDC5-87440BB.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwjem-BRC_isGJlJ-0h-MBEiQAbCimWLBVCSC_Ua0knCxxcjb8rCqKDSB2CDTurBCxZ-6_me4aApx58P8HAQ

Ok I took one for the team....I bought a warmer and 1 melt cup at meijer just now to see what these little gadgets are all about 

their cups are definitely bigger than the maxis - I will take a picture of them side by side and post later when I get home 

had a hard time finding a scent I liked ? I guess I find most cheap smelling which is funny because I used to think they were all that and more and I still buy many oil dupes of theirs!!!

The maxis may work in the warmer, of course they are not the same size I am sure they made certain they are a custom size made only for them but the material seems exactly the same - the lid on the cups though....not sure if auralites make them for the Maxis

Edited by moonshine
  • Like 2

On 9/20/2016 at 6:06 PM, moonshine said:

And here is what my dog was doing while I was taking the pictures....???

he was looking for leftovers 

image.jpeg

LMAO!! You so crack me up! 
So OK we know the cup is bigger. Do we know if the material is acrylic or polycarbonate? 

In seeing the shape, I have a couple of ideas why the bend, but what about the measurements of the cup? 
And wouldn't there be copycat burners out now? I'm guess Yankee is concave to make it uniquely Yankee with the hope that the surface area melts evenly (my shot in the dark guess). 

Now seeing the container, I wonder if we couldn't find a supplier or maker type of thing. If it's all the rage then it's out there right?

Moonshine, you did take one for the team.  Thank you for posting.  I got my order from Aztec and I ordered the spa cups by mistake, lol.  I did reorder the others and they are supposed to be here today.  I filled up a spa cup with my melts and boy, did it let out the fragrance.  My warmer gets very hot (Levines) but cup did not melt.  I see the Yankxx warmer has an aluminum built-in cup just in case the plastic melts, cya.  I would bet that Auralites makes the cup and lid for them, but we'll never have access to them.  Refill your cup and try it on a regular warmer.  I'd bet it works.  I will make some melts to use with my daughter's and my warmers.  Thks for your effort and great pics!!

• 3 weeks later...

My first thought was a deli/food container.  Not sure if the sizes are compatible though.  Also, if people have invested in one of these containers, why can't the people just empty the yankee wax and use they melts they purchase from you?  

• 5 months later...