? about budget wax melter

I have had a really hard time finding the fittings that are listed for this. I have found some that are the sizes that are listed but they have flared ends , but now im having trouble finding a 19/32 drill bit, and not to sound stupid, but isn't that a large drill bit for the job? I was wondering what other people have done with the presto pot to get a spigot on.

I saw one guy who just bought one of those old style garden faucet heads...you know the ones that come out of the wall and have the spider web looking turner...

He drilled a hole in the side to fit it, put the garden faucet head in the hole..and soder/welded it into place.

It wasn't pretty by any means, but it looked like it did the trick.

I used a 1/2" drill bit, then a round file to make the hole big enough for the fitting. Did not buy a tap either. The presto pot is only aluminum, the fitting will cut it's own threads. I used silicone instead of teflon tape. This will seal the mistakes better.

I got my fittings at an ACE hardware store. When I told the guy what I was doing with them, he shook his head and said, he heard it all now. Some people just do not understand!

19/32 is just over half an inch. The 3/8 fittings in the directions will fit with that. 3/8 is the inside diameter of the pipe. The outside of it will be just over 19/32. The tap would bring it on out.

Someone said they used a 1/2 inch paddle bit. Then the file, as someone else said. The paddle bit and a round file are both pretty cheap. Plus the tap might be optional, as some have mentioned. The 19/32 bit is notoriously hard to find. Generally it's a special order item. Probably the same thing with the tap.

I have some doubts about the garden spigot mentioned. The gate in those screws down as you turn the knob. I'm thinking that the thing might clog with wax and not close all the way. I don't know for a fact that it would but if it did, you might not notice, since it takes several turns to open or close it. Or it could work perfectly, for all I know. I'd be leery of it, though.

The valve in the instructions is a ball valve. It's a 1/4 turn. You KNOW if it's open or closed all the way.