Good Coconut fragrance oil

hickskr

Hi!  I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for a good coconut fragrance oil for lotion bars.  I've tried one but I don't care for it.  I don't want anything perfumy, just something that reminds you of the beach, if that makes sense!  Thanks in advance!

~Kim 

My favorite coconut f/o is from Rustic Escentuals Cabana Coconut...very realistic scent, not too sweet. Does not do well in Cold process soap. I use it in my virgin coconut skin souffle. This should work quite well for anhydrous lotion bars.. I get a lot of compliments with this one. http://rusticescentuals.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1&q=cabana coconut 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, heartsong said:

My favorite coconut f/o is from Rustic Escentuals Cabana Coconut...very realistic scent, not too sweet. Does not do well in Cold process soap. I use it in my virgin coconut skin souffle. This should work quite well for anhydrous lotion bars.. I get a lot of compliments with this one. http://rusticescentuals.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1&q=cabana coconut 

May I ask what is Coconut skin Souffle ? Ive seen a body souffle on Essential by Catalina is this what your referring to ? The only thing that has stopped

me from ordering from them before is the shipping. If Im not mistaken they're in the Pacific NW and I'm on the opposite coast. But Ive heard very good

reviews about them. BTW I LOVE your avatar - so darn cute :) 

• Like 1

:) I adore Essentials by Catalina!  Uber-high end quality!  They are located in southern California. I suggest you order some samples of her products. Also check out surplus and overages...love the shampoo & conditioner.

I make my own souffle with virgin coconut oil. Unlike regular coconut oil, it has a very luscious fresh coconut scent, which I enhance with RE's cabana coconut f/o. I use 24% oils and use Lotioncrafter's LotionPro emulsifier. Beautiful skin feel. no tackiness or greasy feel, which is important here in hot & sticky Alabama.

I make my souffle by special order only...I am a very small business, but I do have a very steady customer base.

Because of shelf life and spoilage, if you are planning to resell lotions, please stick with a professsionally made base. When you are ready to make your own, I suggest to have your product lab-challenged to make sure your preservatives are correct.

Even if you plan on using a professional base, I cannot stress enough the need for cleanliness and to keep from contaminating your product.  Everything that touches my base first goes through the dishwasher, then goes thru a bleach solution, air dried and then sprayed with rubbing alcohol and air dried again. 

Swift Crafty Monkey blog has an abundance of info on this topic.

Nothing will kill a sale faster than a customer opening a jar and seeing orange or pink contamination on their cream.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2016 at 8:13 AM, heartsong said:

:) I adore Essentials by Catalina!  Uber-high end quality!  They are located in southern California. I suggest you order some samples of her products. Also check out surplus and overages...love the shampoo & conditioner.

She just had a 25% sale on any purchase. I got a lot of colorants and my lotion bottles I get from there. 

LOVE them!! 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2016 at 9:13 AM, heartsong said:

I make my own souffle with virgin coconut oil. Unlike regular coconut oil, it has a very luscious fresh coconut scent, which I enhance with RE's cabana coconut f/o. I use 24% oils and use Lotioncrafter's LotionPro emulsifier. Beautiful skin feel. no tackiness or greasy feel, which is important here in hot & sticky Alabama.

I make my souffle by special order only...I am a very small business, but I do have a very steady customer base.

Because of shelf life and spoilage, if you are planning to resell lotions, please stick with a professsionally made base. When you are ready to make your own, I suggest to have your product lab-challenged to make sure your preservatives are correct.

Even if you plan on using a professional base, I cannot stress enough the need for cleanliness and to keep from contaminating your product.  Everything that touches my base first goes through the dishwasher, then goes thru a bleach solution, air dried and then sprayed with rubbing alcohol and air dried again. 

Swift Crafty Monkey blog has an abundance of info on this topic.

Nothing will kill a sale faster than a customer opening a jar and seeing orange or pink contamination on their cream.

Heartsong, where are you in Alabama? I'm in Calhoun County. Are you a member of the Alabama Soap and Candle Association?

• Like 1