Howdy!

heartsong

Some of you might know me from other soap making forums.  I've been soaping since 1997, involved a small charity I fund selling soaps locally in Alabama. I'm a full time truck driver, and I look forward to soaping when I'm home.

So glad to be here and looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

• Like 3

Guest OldGlory

Welcome to the new half dozen or so members! We're happy that you decided to join us here.

When I first came to Craftserver I spent a few days reading thru the old posts, getting an idea of the types of information stored, available at my fingertips. If you click on the titles you open up the whole category. Hope that helps some of you!

OK I WANT to know who you are, because that cat is the supreme doll! So it's not a cat is it? 

Welcome to the board!! 

How very interesting your introduction is. The charity is? How did you get into truck driving and soaping ... and well I better stop being a snoop (not totally likely to happen). 

Again welcome to the board!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Candybee said:

Hi Heartsong! Welcome to Craft Server!

Did you used to post on SNL? I remember there was a truck driver poster there. But that was a while back as that board sort of went dead and no one posts there anymore. Sad...

:) That's me!  I'm still driving and soaping.  I remember seeing you, too!

• Like 1

On 8/26/2016 at 7:21 PM, Scented said:

OK I WANT to know who you are, because that cat is the supreme doll! So it's not a cat is it? 

Welcome to the board!! 

How very interesting your introduction is. The charity is? How did you get into truck driving and soaping ... and well I better stop being a snoop (not totally likely to happen). 

Again welcome to the board!!

:) Yes, It's a real kitten and I'm delighted to be here...I'd be happy to share the photo with you...wouldn't that be darling on a pumpkin spice candle?

I'm mostly reading archives and trying to figure out how to run the boards...I keep missing replies to my posts...I'm "old skool" and live in the dark ages of writing letters and mailing them.

I've been driving trucks for 25 years...my hubby taught me himself...due to injury he can't drive anymore so he takes care of the homestead and runs a small mechanic/welder/machinist thing out of our shop.

I donate 100% of the sale of my soaps to the Nazarene Fund through MercuryOne.org  It helps Christians in the Middle East relocate to safe camps, supply food, medical, etc.

At the end of each year I clear my shelves and donate the soaps to a local battered women's shelter.

I also donate wrapped soaps for my local veternarian to sell at the office. It helps a little since she gives so much of her time and medicines free of charge to people who can't afford it.

:) Good Lord, I sound like a "Goodie-Two-Shoes!"

Edited by heartsong
bad memory
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, heartsong said:

:) Good Lord, I sound like a "Goodie-Two-Shoes!"

No you don't ;) It's a pleasure to meet you! :)
Welcome aboard and I am impressed. How did you decide on these two places for donation if I may ask, which I did anyway lol. 

As for the writing and mailing letters ... it all starts to become old hat. I just had to buy another computer and I'm petrified in trying to put it together, but all my close to 15-year-old stuff is falling apart. So now I have to figure out how I'm going to adjust to having it all while I try to figure out if I have anything for it I can still use ... namely my label program or we're going to be in a world of hurt trying to replace and remake our labels. All this started with a screen that just went blank and somehow ended up in something I know have to put together. I don't know why I should petrified of it, because it will be magnificent if it works. Anyway, I'm babbling. 

Edited by Scented
  • Like 1

Well I certainly feel for you about the computer!!!!  A couple months ago my main laptop crashed and burned and took with it almost 6 years worth of work, including my labeling program...still trying to re-learn and re-do all of it again. (PIA!)  Gosh, I lost so many images, to boot!  I chose the woman's shelter because I guess when you're in that situation, its little things that you miss most. Most leave in such a hurry that they forget toiletry items...I wanted to give them something that smelled pretty and make them feel loved. Helping Christians was a no-brainer...No nation other than Israel and Kurdistan is helping the Christians there. Without getting political, even the USA is only bringing Muslim refugees, zero Christians...since we can't depend on Governments to do anything, then its up to us to do what we can. My small charity has already assisted almost 12,000 people in one way or another. Last year we were able to donate over $1200 and this year looks to be even better. :) just trying to make the world a little kinder and gentler for others.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Luvcandletarts2 said:

Hiya Heartsong .... Welcome to the board.  Your donation work is very inspiring.  So good to here someone doing something positive nowadays.  I do volunteer work at a local food bank and hope one day to be able to contribute some handmade personal care items.

I think your volunteer service is wonderful!  And I wish more people would find time in their busy lives to help others less fortunate. What makes the task lighter is more hands! Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, puma52 said:

Heartsong....you are my kinda person and what a wonderful person you are!! Welcome to the board! :hello:Howdy back at ya...glad you are here !!

:yay: And thank you all so much for such a warm welcome to the forum...I've been searching for a new home for quite some time now.

• Like 2

On 8/24/2016 at 3:24 PM, heartsong said:

Some of you might know me from other soap making forums.  I've been soaping since 1997, involved a small charity I fund selling soaps locally in Alabama. I'm a full time truck driver, and I look forward to soaping when I'm home.

So glad to be here and looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

I know you! :) Welcome to Craftserver. So good to see you here! 

• Like 2