Yesterdays soaps

KrazeKelly

19 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

Once again, amazing!  I bet you can't wait to cut your soap each time to see what the design looks like.  

Goldie

Goldie, that is my absolute favorite part!! It's always a surprise. Love it!! 

I was waiting for this post ! Kelly, these are beautiful ! What new RE FO ended up being your favorite ? Im going to have to try to find a recipe with tallow

Ive read it makes really nice soap. I have a question .... Ive never made a 100% coconut soap but read if you super fat @ 20% it's not drying. I wanted 

to use coffee infused coconut oil just as a body soap bar. My daughter owns a spray tanning place + asked if I could make some for her to sell. Have 

any of you had any experience with all coconut soap made this way. 

32 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

I was waiting for this post ! Kelly, these are beautiful ! What new RE FO ended up being your favorite ? Im going to have to try to find a recipe with tallow

Ive read it makes really nice soap. I have a question .... Ive never made a 100% coconut soap but read if you super fat @ 20% it's not drying. I wanted 

to use coffee infused coconut oil just as a body soap bar. My daughter owns a spray tanning place + asked if I could make some for her to sell. Have 

Oh gosh! I'm not sure what all was their new ones or just new to me. I do know Stainless Steel and Hipster are new. I like Stainless Steel the best so far. It reminds of something else but I can't put my finger on it yet. Hipster has kinda faded but since it's not cured yet, I'm going to wait and see how it ends up. Pink Berries & Tonka Bean is still nice. Butterscotch Marshmellow is still good too. Also, Cranberry Salsa smells really good right now and so does Earl Gray & Apple. But my fav so far that's new to me is Honeyed Pineapple Pumpkin. It smells really good right now. All of these still have weeks to cure so things could change. ?

I I have not made a 100% coconut oil  soap. Only a salt bar with 80% and 20SF. If I were to do 100%, I would probably try around 15SF and use coconut milk or goats milk to up the fat a bit. But that's just me. I'm no expert at the whole chemistry part of soap making. But I'm sure some one here can help you more. 

Kelly

Edited by KrazeKelly
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Moonstar said:

My last 2 batches of oatmeal/ goats milk/ and honey soap were 100% coconut oil at 20%SF and to be perfectly honest they are still pretty drying. Not horribly so because of the honey, but yeah they still clean pretty aggressively.  Edited to add: Beef tallow makes a very nice soap with a creamy lather BTW. 

2 hours ago, KrazeKelly said:

Goldie, that is my absolute favorite part!! It's always a surprise. Love it!! 

Awesome soaps Kelly! 

Edited by Sponiebr

Well if I look around enough ... look what can be found!! 

More beauties. 

Man are you ever giving me an itch to do something creative ... as in anything. 

Congratulations on your soaps! They all look wonderful! 

This would be the post I should have said: 

It's about time! LOL!

Edited by Scented
  • Like 1