When I think of body frosting, I think of something playful, edible that is sweet and can be licked off.  I have made lickable massage bars but not frosting. Probably not what you had in mind but my mind wonders like that. Lol! ??

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KrazeKelly said:

When I think of body frosting, I think of something playful, edible that is sweet and can be licked off.  I have made lickable massage bars but not frosting. Probably not what you had in mind but my mind wonders like that. Lol! ??

Well, I agree with you! But, that's what they've been called, at least the ones I've seen. You'd definitely have to put a "do not eat" warning on that! :lipsrsealed2:

• Like 2

So, I saw this title and, yep my mind went straight to the Reddi Whip. But then I paused and then THIS happened in my brain: "Wait... Oh, PLEASE NO!!!! Are they talking about body hair highlights!?" 

(I know... It's like staring at the sun...) o.O

2 hours ago, Moonstar said:

I think some people call body butters or thick lotions  body frosting . I could be wrong though . 

I've seen seen that as well. I think that's one reason it's confusing me. One is for moisturizing & the other is for cleansing.

I think it might just be the "butter" that people make that is mostly thick butters with some liquid oils, but whipped up to a light consistency.  I know when I've seen photos it really does look like whipped buttercream.  I've never had much interest, if I'm having a super dry skin moment I just schmear cocoa butter on the areas, nothing fancy.

....however...as of yesterday afternoon when my essential oils order arrived, and my first ever order of kokum butter...I'm rethinking body butter and considering making a small amount for myself. I just opened the container and put a tiny bit on the back of my hand and after a day of organizing, cleaning and lots of hand washing, and about 20 hours have passed and my hand is STILL SILKY!!  Yea...my new found love...Kokum. Butter.

39 minutes ago, Chefmom said:

I think it might just be the "butter" that people make that is mostly thick butters with some liquid oils, but whipped up to a light consistency.  I know when I've seen photos it really does look like whipped buttercream.  I've never had much interest, if I'm having a super dry skin moment I just schmear cocoa butter on the areas, nothing fancy.

....however...as of yesterday afternoon when my essential oils order arrived, and my first ever order of kokum butter...I'm rethinking body butter and considering making a small amount for myself. I just opened the container and put a tiny bit on the back of my hand and after a day of organizing, cleaning and lots of hand washing, and about 20 hours have passed and my hand is STILL SILKY!!  Yea...my new found love...Kokum. Butter.

Funny you mention Kokum Butter , Ive been wanting to place an order. Do you mind me asking where you got yours from. I saw that WSP carries it but Im not

sure of the quality. Although I have purchased my mango and cocoa butter from there and Ive been happy. 

8 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Funny you mention Kokum Butter , Ive been wanting to place an order. Do you mind me asking where you got yours from. I saw that WSP carries it but Im not

sure of the quality. Although I have purchased my mango and cocoa butter from there and Ive been happy. 

I recently made my first order to New Directions for essential oils (I'm finally to the point of buying larger amounts) and I didn't realize that I had to order a minimum of $100.  So...I shopped around and found other things I did need and I had kokum butter on my list to try, so I picked up a container.  I made my minimum and I'm pleased with the quality of everything in my order :)

• Like 1

Thanks so much :) Im gonna give Kokum a try. The only thing that has stopped me from buying Kokum in the past, has been reviews of it

being very grainy ? Ive ordered from New Directions before + have been really happy too. I love their coffee and lemon butters + their clays. 

I make this Body Frosting, and it is a heavier body cream (not edible!:) ), I put in other goodies so it blends in easily and is not greasy at all, love, love this recipe, and I get many compliments on it (I give as gifts to friends and relatives).  I use it year round too. You can use any butter or oil, I have been wanting to try kokum butter (usually use shea and cocoa butters, and SAO).  It is a wonderful cream!!

• 1 month later...