Where can I buy Essential Oil Blends?

anastasia

Guest OldGlory

I don't know of a company that specializes in essential oil blends for candles.

I started my making candles with essential oils 16 years ago, just before I established my business. That's when aromatherapy was fairly new in east TN. What I found was that essential oils don't hold up well in candles. Before you spend a lot of money on specific essential oil blends, I would suggest that you make some practice candles with single note less expensive, then burn them to see how the scent of the essential oils seem to you as the candle burns.

I was just poking about here through the subs trying to find a company name that matched someone's acronym and found this: (drum roll)  Suppliers by State Listing (ta-da!)

I was also poking about on Save on Scents (SOS) and realized that they don't have a lot of single EO's, not many at all... They have 19 items listed on their EO's page: 2 are sampler packs, 11 are single EO's, and 6 are blends. The one EO I was after -peppermint, was $32.76 for 16 ounces. :shocked2: (yeah... I know! Right!?) That's the best price I've seen so far, but not really my point. My point is that SOS doesn't seem to have much in the way of EO's single or blended. They DO have a detritus-TON of fragrance oils in varying strengths. They also have a very comprehensive list of, ahem... "impressions" (or whatever your preferred term is for dupes) of designer fragrances. 

Anyway, please forgive my double post, but really I couldn't figure out a way to edit and append this to my previous post. (I'm new to CraftServer.)

Slainte,

Sponie