Indiana fragrances I just got.

Trappeur

I just got from Indiana:

Vanilla bean noel:  I'm trying to replace Tennessee's.  This is very very nice but oob I don't think it's as strong as Tennessee's.  But we shall see when I make some candles.

Pumpkin Pecan Waffles:  Trying to replace Tennesse's.  It's super and smells dead on!  Hopefully I will have a winner.

Dutch Apple Crunch:   All I can say is WOW....Love it!

Orange Vanilla Coffeee:  All I can say it's really strong and smells amazing.  I hope I like it in the coffee! lol

Trappeur

• Like 5

I'm with you, I don't think their VBN is as strong as Tennessee's.

I'm going to get a sample from Texas Candle Supply and see how his is. Also, Daystar's Vanilla Delicious is supposed to be a dupe for VBN and Stacy has nice oils so I may get a sample from her too.  If all else fails, I will just use NG's Mrs Claus Cookies since it's almost the exact same and has a great throw.

On 8/14/2016 at 9:39 PM, Belinda said:

I'm with you, I don't think their VBN is as strong as Tennessee's.

I'm going to get a sample from Texas Candle Supply and see how his is. Also, Daystar's Vanilla Delicious is supposed to be a dupe for VBN and Stacy has nice oils so I may get a sample from her too.  If all else fails, I will just use NG's Mrs Claus Cookies since it's almost the exact same and has a great throw.

Yes, let us know about Texas's vanilla bean noel Belinda.  I've been looking at their site and there are quite a few that I would like to try.  Guess i'll just have to bite the bullet!  You didn't try Daystars right Belinda?  Well I have it and it is very nice and I just used it in a blend, but my opinion is it is not a VBN....Now I could be wrong with my sniffer of a nose, but to me it is more to a vanilla bean which I love!  I do love Mrs. Claus Cookies!  You sent it to me! ha!

Trappeur

• Like 1

On 8/14/2016 at 7:50 PM, puma52 said:

Thanks for the oob reviews Trappeur! Let us know what you think of them. That is awesome to know about the Pumpkin Pecan Waffles! I already purchase from them, but never have the PPW, so now I have an option. :)

Puma, you need to try a Pumpkin Pecan Waffle.  I just made 6 crystal jars in that scent! And for myself!   It is a very rich decadent fragrance.....And strong!   Omg!

Trappeujr

• Like 1

Wow I love vanilla delicious from Daystar, but it is not VBN, IMO. I have been ordering this FO for myself, I make sprays to keep the buffalo gnats away. My husband and son spray it all over them to go outside to keep them gnats away.

I was just getting ready to order some van delicious today, because I am about out.

As far as Indiana I love their cinnamon bun classic, pink sugar, and blueberry cheesecake. YUM,

Karen

• Like 1

On August 16, 2016 at 11:11 AM, soshiegirl said:

Daystar has an excellent dupe of VBN!  It's crazy to think about how long that scent has been around and it's still popular.  Just scent also has a VBN that's supposedly great but haven't tried it.

I have VBN from JS and it's light to my nose. I use it in my body sprays because it's just not as strong as Tennessee's is. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2016 at 8:28 PM, Trappeur said:

Puma, you need to try a Pumpkin Pecan Waffle.  I just made 6 crystal jars in that scent! And for myself!   It is a very rich decadent fragrance.....And strong!   Omg!

Trappeujr

That is awesome to know Trappeur! Thank you for the heads up. :) I have on the way the VBN from WSP just to see how good it is and you are right...people rave about it...I sure hope I am not disappointed....BUT if it still a little light...I have already decided to add some Vanilla Voodoo and Ooey Gooey Caramel from CC AND just maybe a LITTLE touch of Sugar Cookie Royale and/or Cake Batter...THAT should crank it up another notch!  :) 

Edited by puma52
  • Like 2

On August 20, 2016 at 1:50 PM, Karen M said:

Wow I love vanilla delicious from Daystar, but it is not VBN, IMO. I have been ordering this FO for myself, I make sprays to keep the buffalo gnats away. My husband and son spray it all over them to go outside to keep them gnats away.

I was just getting ready to order some van delicious today, because I am about out.

As far as Indiana I love their cinnamon bun classic, pink sugar, and blueberry cheesecake. YUM,

Karen

Karen - do you find that ICS 's Pink Sugar varies from batch - batch. I could swear my first bottle smelt softer somehow OOB + when I ordered 

another it was still good, but different  in a subtle way. Wondering if anyone else notices that or maybe its just me ???? Ive been wanting to try 

a few of her cheesecakes , blueberry + pumpkin. 

On August 20, 2016 at 1:50 PM, Karen M said:

Karen

ok i have to ask - what are buffalo gnats ? Wonder why a vanilla FO would deter them ... interesting . Wonder if that would work as a mosquito repellant

Is it palate free do you know ? I want to make a repellant but need to do some research on what would make a good base. I bought one this year that 

says it only had 3 ingredients - grain alcohol - distilled water + lavender EO ? I ended up using it to mist my pillowcases instead lol ! 

4 hours ago, puma52 said:

That is awesome to know Trappeur! Thank you for the heads up. :) I have on the way the VBN from WSP just to see how good it is and you are right...people rave about it...I sure hope I am not disappointed....BUT if it still a little light...I have already decided to add some Vanilla Voodoo and Ooey Gooey Caramel from CC AND just maybe a LITTLE touch of Sugar Cookie Royale and/or Cake Batter...THAT should crank it up another notch!  :) 

Oh my gosh....what a combination with all those fragrances!  Right up my alley and I use those fragrances! My teeth are aching just thinking of that combo... Geesh you need to tell us your findings and how it comes out!

Trappeur

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Oh my gosh....what a combination with all those fragrances!  Right up my alley and I use those fragrances! My teeth are aching just thinking of that combo... Geesh you need to tell us your findings and how it comes out!

Trappeur

i shall do it Ms Trappeur....as a matter of fact, i will be making tart chunks with these scents...so we shall see. :)

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Belinda is the dupe from Daystar for VBN called "Vanilla Bean Cookies".  It says on the site it is...Also they have the chocolate covered marshmallows there...yum!

Trappeur

Yep, she calls hers VB cookies. Her Vanilla Delicious isn't her VBN. I'll have to check my oils from her and see if I have a sample of VB cookies. I'm sure hers is a good one though. Most of Stacy's oils are really good.

I need to place an order, (ok let me rephrase that LOL!) I want to place an order with Texas Candle supply so I plan to order a sample of his VBN. He has some good oils too. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, puma52 said:

Puma, please share your findings with us girl! And by the way, where do you get Cake Batter? Is that Stay's from Daystar? 

• Like 1

I did see your review on the butter brickle - Darn ! I'll try my sample in a wax melt, should do ok .

Day Star, her Southern tea sounds good & looking for a good vanilla bean. Lemon slices was out of stock though :( the blackberry jam cookies sounds good too lol !

3 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Vanilla Voodoo has been my choice for years for the best vanilla I have ever found.

Yes, I actually have Southern Tea written down for an account I have as she wanted a sweet tea.

Trappeur

Get your Southern Tea from Stacy @ Daystar.....the BEST out there. :)

8 hours ago, Belinda said:

Puma, please share your findings with us girl! And by the way, where do you get Cake Batter? Is that Stay's from Daystar? 

Oh Yes Belinda!!! I LOVE Stacy's from Daystar the BEST!! I did a blend of Cake Batter, Bday Cake and Vanilla and oh my gosh it was wonderful....I have also purchased from FB, but of course , it was not as good at all ......which leads me to my next QUESTION....I have went to Stacy's site several times and it look like she has several scents in stock that I want to buy...Cake Batter, Marshmallow, the Original and the Southern Tea and couple others....Buttercream Frosting...YUMMM.....BUT her site will only let me purchase 2 oz sizes only. ...the drop down box will not work.... is anyone else having this problem? Do we need to call her to order? Thanks for your help Belinda! :)

Edited by puma52

45 minutes ago, puma52 said:

BUT her site will only let me purchase 2 oz sizes only. ...the drop down box will not work.... is anyone else having this problem? Do we need to call her to order? Thanks for your help Belinda! :)

Switch your browser. I had that issue once, used a different browser and it worked fine. 

Just checked Safari and Chrome and they work fine. Must be Firefox or IE that had the issue (everyone should be switching away from IE anyway as most companies are no longer supporting new versions so it will only get more problematic).

• Like 1

Days stars tea is the best- it's wonderful

ICS orange vanillia coffee is a wonderful scent

for VBN the best I have found for soy is WSP...I know a lot of people don't like ordering there but some of my best sellers are their oils- VBN is strong and delicious 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, puma52 said:

Get your Southern Tea from Stacy @ Daystar.....the BEST out there. :)

Oh Yes Belinda!!! I LOVE Stacy's from Daystar the BEST!! I did a blend of Cake Batter, Bday Cake and Vanilla and oh my gosh it was wonderful....I have also purchased from FB, but of course , it was not as good at all ......which leads me to my next QUESTION....I have went to Stacy's site several times and it look like she has several scents in stock that I want to buy...Cake Batter, Marshmallow, the Original and the Southern Tea and couple others....Buttercream Frosting...YUMMM.....BUT her site will only let me purchase 2 oz sizes only. ...the drop down box will not work.... is anyone else having this problem? Do we need to call her to order? Thanks for your help Belinda! :)

It's def. a browser issue, as I just saw Karen's reply while typing this response; heehee!

• Like 1