Flavor of the day

Test pour Apple harvest / cinnamon stick yum! Color not what I expected but smells awesome!

so far no pitting around the wick harmony blend 4630 waited till around 130 degrees to pour hoping to avoid the pit around the wick we had BIG time last pour poured around 3 hrs ago :)

image.jpeg

• Like 1

I'm intrigued on the scent. I'm hunting around to see what fall fragrances are in the offerings so far and this blend sounds like something I wish I could whiff. Color is not what you expected? Were you seeking darker or lighter or something totally different? 

• Like 1

For something that is supposed to be primarily red (apple) and something thought of as brown (cinnimon sticks) I think the color is actually spot on! I dont see too many candles this color and if this were my batch, I personnaly would try to replicate this color again. Well done :)

• Like 1

Hi everyone Thank you for the props ! WaxOn Iwas trying for alittle darker, I am so sing the sample pack of color chips from candle science and just chipped off a corner of the orange brown color . Because Ian m trying to figure out what recipe works for us I have been doing test batches around 1 lb ea  .  One thing I noticed when I did this pour is I had alittle wax left over and went to pour it in a jar because I did not need to top it off this time and I had to use alittle bit bigger wick as I ran out of the small ones and well this happened 

now I am thinking wick size might be a part of it to

image.jpeg

A bit darker then well good luck experimenting with colors. Honestly that's half the fun or half the headache depending on your day lol! 

The hole looks like you had an air bubble under the wax and it revealed itself. Not very many waxes are single pours, so you might have to poke some relief holes around the wick and top off or at worst, use a heat gun and smooth out the tops so that little mini caverns get filled in. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Kshaler said:

What is a heat gun  ?  Lol has me think blow dryer :D

It sort of looks like a blow dryer, but gets WAY hotter, and does not blow as hard. You can get them at the hardware store, or in the hardware section of Walmart (I think) and also, there are heat guns used for embossing that you can get in the craft section too, which are basically the same thing, but not as powerful or as hot I don't think. They range in price but you can get one relatively inexpensive... 

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

Looking at the 2nd picture, it reminds me of the small jar candles I pour for a client (6006 wax). I nearly always get a small hole. Mine are a result of the sides of the jar cooling faster than the middle. Wax pulls away from the center. Sometimes you can resolve it by covering your candles with a box and keeping them warmer longer. The crack around the wick shows how the wax is contracting.