Hydrating Body Mist base

Candybee

@Candybee or anyone else:  there's a picture on their page about this base that shows a model spraying it on her face, but there is nothing in the write-up about using it on your face.  It does say "all over" so I'm wondering if that's their way of saying it's OK on facial skin, but it would be nice if I could hear from someone who has actually used it like that.  I've been spritzing my face with rose water a couple times a day but I wouldn't mind going to this, if it's safe for that.

• Like 1

Rose water is the safest as long as you use quickly and not let sit around. Some are preserved for longer shelf life

The base you mentioned has food ingredients. You  might be sensitive to phenoxyethanol preservative. I am on the face. The dimethicon copolyol is a water soluble silicone that will leave a nice after feel finish on skin. It may be sticky due to the glycerin listed as one of the first ingredients but it is a humectant as well as sodium PCS

Deionized Water, Organic Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Sodium PCA, Cetrimonium Chloride, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Organic Calendula Officinalis (Marigold) Flower Extract, Organic Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Root Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Dead Sea Salts, Dimethicone Copolyol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol

On 8/24/2019 at 2:53 PM, Darbla said:

@Candybee or anyone else:  there's a picture on their page about this base that shows a model spraying it on her face, but there is nothing in the write-up about using it on your face.  It does say "all over" so I'm wondering if that's their way of saying it's OK on facial skin, but it would be nice if I could hear from someone who has actually used it like that.  I've been spritzing my face with rose water a couple times a day but I wouldn't mind going to this, if it's safe for that.

I've never sprayed it on my face so can't tell you what its like. I do like it on my skin and use it as my base for making a bug repellent spray for all over the body. I can say I have tried using other mist bases and didn't like any of them the way I like this one. Its very moisturizing on my skin and makes a wonderful body spray. I love the botanicals in it and like that it is alcohol free.

• 2 months later...

My kids are starting to get to the point where they stink on a regular basis, so I may grab some of this and try whipping up a body spray.  I just like that I don't have to deal with formulating a preservative in or anything if I decide to give it to others/sell.  I've made my own detangler via SwiftCraft, but for what those ingredients cost and for the volume I need, I'd almost rather just buy pre-made bases.  

Edited by Paintguru

• 2 years later...