Hydrating Body Mist base

Candybee

Just wanted to give a big thumbs up :thumbsup2: to Essential by Catalina's hydrating botanical body mist.

Needed a good base to make some bug off spray and since I have not yet perfected my body spray recipe decided to try their base.

I really like the botanical extracts and the aloe vera. I do recommend you use the oil solubilizer they sell if you plan to use more than 1% fragrance load.

The only other thing I added was some green tea extract they had and I wish I had ordered some tocopherol as I'm out but other than that the base is very nice and moisturizing.

PS - I also like that they manufacture their own bases inhouse.

• Like 6

Good to know ... i recently ordered a body mist spray from WSP and thought it was just ok . I like that the one you ordered has botanical extracts + aloe.

is the green tea extract you use liquid or powder ? Catalina has some whipped body frosting + a fruit soufflé they've Ive been wanting to try. 

• 3 weeks later...

I use that base and I can agree that it is wonderful.  I can spray just toweled off after the shower, quick rub against my skin and it's just absorbed and leaves me silky and lovely.  It takes the fragrances I've used quite nice and my husband tried my unscented and has decided he wants one for himself, but he is trying to decide on a scent.  Two thumbs up!!

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

I am still using it but only need it for my bug off spray. I sell the spray during the spring and summer months and it's a big seller. I do a market in a mountain resort so there is need for a bug repellent. So sales are good and this mist is perfect for it. I checked out a couple other mists and was just turned off by some or all of the ingredients. EBC had the best and I am very happy with it.

• 2 months later...

Ive had a few things in my cart for about a week now and debating on getting the gallon size of the botanical mist everyone loves on here + her AC+ E lotion

which she says is her best seller. My shipping to MI is $30 . So you guys really like the mist hugh ? she did say that Ill need to add I think poly 20 to it for 

FO/EO ober 1% - does adding this to the mist change how it feels on the skin ? BTW Im talking about essentials by catalina 

Edited by Moonstar

On 5/13/2017 at 6:40 PM, Moonstar said:

Ive had a few things in my cart for about a week now and debating on getting the gallon size of the botanical mist everyone loves on here + her AC+ E lotion

which she says is her best seller. My shipping to MI is $30 . So you guys really like the mist hugh ? she did say that Ill need to add I think poly 20 to it for 

FO/EO ober 1% - does adding this to the mist change how it feels on the skin ? BTW Im talking about essentials by catalina 

It's an emulsifier to keep the oils and water mixed. It does nothing to change the feel. You need it if you add FO/EO to the mist. Even as low as 2% I found.

Essentials by Catalina is one of my favorite B&B suppliers. I get most of my bath bomb colorants from them, and a lot of other things. Fast shipping, they have emailed me if I accidentally choose the wrong "discount" to make sure I get the most savings, and to me shipping is very inexpensive. And quick. I get my stuff within 3-4 days. Sometimes in little as 2 days without expedited shipping. (but I'm relatively close to them) 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Candybee said:

It's an emulsifier to keep the oils and water mixed. It does nothing to change the feel. You need it if you add FO/EO to the mist. Even as low as 2% I found.

Thanks - I just went ahead and ordered the gallon of the hydrating body mist + A C&E lotion, she said thats her best seller hands down. Can I use the EO/FO modifier

from RE or is poly 20 a better choice. 

15 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

Essentials by Catalina is one of my favorite B&B suppliers. I get most of my bath bomb colorants from them, and a lot of other things. Fast shipping, they have emailed me if I accidentally choose the wrong "discount" to make sure I get the most savings, and to me shipping is very inexpensive. And quick. I get my stuff within 3-4 days. Sometimes in little as 2 days without expedited shipping. (but I'm relatively close to them) 

I didn't see any discount options ? The reason my shipping was so much was the weight, I ordered a gallon of hydrating mist + a gallon of her AC&E lotion.

Each gallon weighed 8 lbs. and Im on the opposite end from her on the map. I think Im really going to like my choices though. Where exactly do I find these

discounts - I don't see them .

28 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

I didn't see any discount options ? The reason my shipping was so much was the weight, I ordered a gallon of hydrating mist + a gallon of her AC&E lotion.

Each gallon weighed 8 lbs. and Im on the opposite end from her on the map. I think Im really going to like my choices though. Where exactly do I find these

discounts - I don't see them .

They come in the newsletter, and they don't have them all the time.

One time they had get 10% if you buy this much use this code, 20% if you buy a certain amount with a different code. I put in the 10% code by mistake, but didn't know it until they emailed me and said, they had changed it to the 20% because I was entitled to it. Also one time I wanted to use my paypal credit, but they didn't have that option, only option for paypal was using paypal via a checking account set up, so I called them. They answered on the first ring, and easily walked me through them doing that for me. I think it is an option on their site now. 

Shipping is inexpensive for me because I'm only a state away. Or maybe 2, can't remember where they are but I know it's in the west. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

Thanks - I just went ahead and ordered the gallon of the hydrating body mist + A C&E lotion, she said thats her best seller hands down. Can I use the EO/FO modifier

from RE or is poly 20 a better choice. 

Modifier? or emulsifier? what is the name of what you are talking about so I can look it up?

The ah/re FO/EO modifier is an emulsifier. I use it without any  bases to make clear sprays rom scratch.  The Catalina base may or may not work the same. Impossible to know without testing first.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

The ah/re FO/EO modifier is an emulsifier. I use it without any  bases to make clear sprays rom scratch.  The Catalina base may or may not work the same. Impossible to know without testing first.

I think I remember reading that you've used the hydrating botanical mist, do you remember by chance what you used ? I hope I like it, I ordered a gallon lol !

Everything I have bought from Catalina has always been top notch. So I would not hesitate to try something from them. I am still using the base and selling so much bug spray I already have to order another gallon and its not even mosquito season yet!

Customers just love that it is so moisturizing on the skin. I sell my bug spray in 4 oz bottles so I can make about 32 bottles out of one gallon.

TT-- the sparkle base sounds like fun!

They did send me samples of their silky dry oil spray base and also their avocado body butter and wowzer! Both are wonderful and feel very nice on the skin!

Moonstar-- I have not tried the AH modifier. I have only used the polysorbate 20 for the hydrating mist I got from Catalina. I just makes sense to me to get the recommended emulsifier from the same supplier that makes the base so that is what I use.

• 7 months later...

So glad you all posted this!  I have a body mist base from Candles & Supplies but every FO I've tried in it, the result has been awful.  I'm guessing it was the base somehow altering the scents.  I can't detect a scent in the base, but somehow FOs that smell good normally are morphing in that stuff.

• Like 1

The only base I like from C&S is their organic lip balm. Best lip balm base I have found and I tried several from different suppliers. This was back before I started making my own. It is wonderful! I tried their shampoo and lotion bases and was not impressed.

If you need a good body spray mist the one from Catalina is wonderful. I not only use it for my bug spray but I am now using it for my dog spritz's too. I sell a lot of each. I have to buy several gallons a year now I sell so much of it.

• Like 1