Pine Tar & Tea Tree Lavender Soap

Finally made some pine tar soaps. These were inspired by Chefmom so a special thanks for that!

I used my own recipe but followed her instructions and % rates for the oils and pine tar. For this batch I used a blend of tea tree and lavender EOs. It's hard to describe the scent, but its very outdoorsy, sort of like piney woods. The scent is growing on me and I am really liking it. Not sure I smell lavender but maybe as it cures the scent will mellow and other notes will come through.

Haven't cut it yet. Just getting it out of the mold was a sticky, messy affair. Will wait a few more days to cut.

Pine Tar & Tea Tree.jpg

Pine Tar & Tea Tree2.jpg

• Like 1

I made a 36oz batch in my red silicone mold from Essential Depot. Was out of sodium lactate so its very, very soft right now. But when I demolded and washed out the mold it produces some lovely suds. At first I got a little tannish lather but that washed out and then turned white. Can't wait for this baby to cure so I can wash with it.