I've been busy!! (Pic Heavy)

I've been a soap making machine lately. LOL Well, for me anyway. 

Here's what I've been up to! 

1) Thunderstorms - (blue/black) this is a mix of toxic trance and spring rain, and it smells just like the air before a big thunder and lightning storm. 

2) Rose Jam - (red/creamy white) this one is a mix of Rose Bouquet and 2 vanillas - I've never smelled a Rose Jam scent but from all descriptions I've read, it's a rose with vanilla, so I winged it. LOL 

3) Lemon Lavender - (purple/yellow/white) Lemon colada and Lavender Sachet - unique, but lovely scent. 

4) Dark Citrus - (light green/reddish) equal parts Blood Lime and Blood Orange - very citrusy. 

5) Willowy Pink Lilac (Pink) straight up Pink Lilac and Willow by Aztec

6) Escentually Lime (white/green) straight up Lime Essential oil

7) Celtic Moon (green/greyish black) Celtic storm mixed with Moonlight Path. Smelled good when I mixed the FO's but it's very light and morphed a bit in the cut bars, not sure what to think of this one. We'll see as it cures out. Also, this is the only one that got bad stearic spots. IDK why? 

8) And lastly - this one was not made this weekend, but I LOVE it, it's my failed batch for a challenge I was in, and it seized on my and was just bad, so I had to rebatch it. The rebatch looks and smells awesome. I call it "Down by the Sea" It's got like 3 water/spa type scents but I can't remember which ones. Which is fine, I'll probably never try to duplicate this one. LOL 

Let me know what you think. 

Thunderstorms.jpg

Thunderstorms1.jpg

Rose Jam.jpg

Lemon Lavender.jpg

Dark Citrus1.jpg

Willowy Pink Lilac top.jpg

Willowy Pink Lilac.jpg

Escentually Lime.jpg

Celtic Moon1.jpg

Down by the Sea.jpg

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Love em ! Does the lime eo hold up on its own in CP ? 

Thank you, and yes, lime is one of the very few citrus EO's that hold in CP. At least this one does. Candy is the one that recommended it to me, and I got it at Soapmaking Resource. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

Thank you, and yes, lime is one of the very few citrus EO's that hold in CP. At least this one does. Candy is the one that recommended it to me, and I got it at Soapmaking Resource. 

Come to think of it I do recall Candy mentioning that about lime eo - I'll have to give Soapmaking Resource a try, Ive never ordered from them.

I love all of your posts, so impressive + inspiring. The bath bombs are so cool - I have no clue how you make them spin too lol ! i get some fizzing 

but nothing what your describing lol ! Ive been using a recipe with cocoa butter + coconut milk powder along with the usual ingredients ... maybe 

thats my problem - cocoa butter is too heavy ? idk 

30 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Come to think of it I do recall Candy mentioning that about lime eo - I'll have to give Soapmaking Resource a try, Ive never ordered from them.

I love all of your posts, so impressive + inspiring. The bath bombs are so cool - I have no clue how you make them spin too lol ! i get some fizzing 

but nothing what your describing lol ! Ive been using a recipe with cocoa butter + coconut milk powder along with the usual ingredients ... maybe 

thats my problem - cocoa butter is too heavy ? idk 

How tight are you packing your molds? One of the tricks I've learned to help them float/spin is to pack lightly. Tight enough to hold together, but loose enough that they aren't too heavy. Does that make sense? 

As soon as my video uploads I'll see if I can post it here and you can see how mine perform... 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

How tight are you packing your molds? One of the tricks I've learned to help them float/spin is to pack lightly. Tight enough to hold together, but loose enough that they aren't too heavy. Does that make sense? 

As soon as my video uploads I'll see if I can post it here and you can see how mine perform... 

Im packing them pretty tight but like you said, maybe I'm packing them too tight that they too heavy. Oh my goodness I would love to see your video !

Bath bombs can be so temperamental :(  I give you so much credit for nailing your recipe !!! 

Heres one of the recipes I've been using + using slightly more or less on the liquid oils. My grandkids just love these but always ask why they don't spin + fizz

like crazy lol ! 

Dry 

1c Baking Soda  - 3/4 c citric acid - 1/4 c finely ground sea salt  - 1/2 corn starch - 1/3 c powdered coconut milk 

Wet 

1 tsp melted cocoa butter - 1 tsp shea or mango - 1 Tbl almond or apricot oil  1 Tbl grapeseed oil 

Witch hazel for misting 

I would try packing them much looser and see if that helps. The recipe looks fine to me.I'm sure you'll be surprised with them once you try that. Also, I don't use alcohol, witch hazel, or water in my recipe, not even for spritzing, but I have found it doesn't need it. However, if I ever paint them with mica, I use alcohol to mix the mica in so it doesn't set off a reaction. 

I wasn't able to update my video, but it's on my instagram, I'll see if I can link that here. Or maybe my FB post - let me see...Nope wasn't able too. I've emailed it to myself, to attach it as a file. This is why I hate Apple with their proprietary BS. UGH I'll start a new thread with the BB video... 

• Like 1

Those are awesome JC!! Don't know which I like best they all sound and look so good including your so-called failed batch. I think its beautiful.

I like the stearic spots in the Celtic Moon soap. I think that may be my favorite. I just love the color combo and the spots give it an appealing textured color. My next favorite is the lemon lavender followed by the lime. I am a big sucker for citrus types and lime if one of my all time favorite scents in soap.

You should try a lemongrass and lime EO soap sometime. Use 2:1 ratio in that order so the lime won't overpower the lemongrass.

Moonstar-- if you are looking for a citrus Eo blend that rocks try the lemongrass + lime combo. You won't be sorry. Its one of my biggest sellers and I can't keep it in stock. I have some curing that is already marked for sale so I have to make more so I have enough to take to sell at market.

• Like 1

Oh-- BTW-- next time you make lime soap try it with neon green and neon yellow micas from TKB. I mix 1 tsp neon yellow with 1/4 tsp neon green PPO to make a neon lime. When you add it to your batter your eyes will pop. Its really a very gorgeous bright lime color.