Rainbow Soap

Made a rainbow soap this morning, I think this one is going to be my best one yet. :D 

The red ended up being amazing. I hope I can duplicate it and that it doesn't morph in saponification!! 

Here are some pics of it in the mold... 

Colors in bowl.jpg

Beautiful Red.jpg

In the mold.jpg

Glittery top.jpg

Glitter up close.jpg

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, KrazeKelly said:

Cool!! I'm doing Apple Blossom and Love Spell today. Looking forward to seeing it cut. Love the top!

Thank you. Under all that glittery explosion is a little bit of white and then everything i could scrape out of the pitchers ended up on top. I try to make the tops interesting. We'll see how I did. 

Between last weekend and this weekend I got 15 batches of soap made. I know those who sell all year long and have weekly markets make WAY more than that, but for me (i only do 4 shows a year, and always in the autumn/winter) that's a pretty good deal of soap. But I'm trying to stock up for my shows starting in October. :) I'll have more pics of them in a few minutes. 

Love the colors Do you have cut pics of it? Would love to see it.

I've been using really red mica from Nurture soap for my red. Its pretty strong but has a slight red raspberry color after cure. But its the closest I have come to red without the color morphing to brick red.

this mix stayed a beautiful "christmas red" and I love it. It's red raspberry from Nurture's mixed with red oxide. I tried the 'really red' from nurtures and I didn't like the off hue it gave. 

They have redesigned their red though, and now supposedly have one that's even better than that one, so I may try it, IDK, we'll see... 

Did I not post the cut pic? I will have to remedy that!! LOL 

The layers are nowhere near straight at ALL. LOL but I still like it and have gotten a ton of compliments on it, and it's scented fruit slices so it smells amazing. Let me dig it up and post it. 

• Like 1